Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Community safety?

Banned
    Now kiddies - play nice.
    Finnwolf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Newspaper article... 3.85 is interesting, that's higher than Stats's pop figure (5199100-Mar23). I wonder if that's taxpaying entities rather than population? But even that seems light considering the number of one person outfits, but then if they are sole-trader and not individually registered I guess they aren't a separate entity. So that might be the right figure for 'entities'.
    Yeah, you have to remember that children and the retired also pay tax, 75% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by winchesterM69A View Post
    Now kiddies - play nice.
    Just returning fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Three O'Three View Post
    If he hasn't said it already, Cahill will chime in and say the gun used in the shootings was stolen and that's how registry would of stopped the violence.

And he’d be wrong - again.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by HG Man View Post
    Yeah, you have to remember that children and the retired also pay tax, 75% of the population.
    Yep. But Stats NZ total population figure in NZ is 5199100 (estimated) at March of this year - so the difference between 5.85m and 5.2mill isn't made up by humans. So taxpaying entities - trusts, business, other vehicles with their own IRD numbers... Doesn't make a hua of a difference to the per-person figure but in keeping with the overall tax burden per person per year - it's a lot.

Acts like a dick, throws toys when called out for being a dick. Good on ya champ.
    no toys thrown...... none what so ever

just cant be bothered with your .......opinion any more....not worth the stress or time taken to read it.
    Jusepy likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Yep. But Stats NZ total population figure in NZ is 5199100 (estimated) at March of this year - so the difference between 5.85m and 5.2mill isn't made up by humans. So taxpaying entities - trusts, business, other vehicles with their own IRD numbers... Doesn't make a hua of a difference to the per-person figure but in keeping with the overall tax burden per person per year - it's a lot.
    and the unemployed are included in the figure of how many pay tax..because it looks good and makes some of them feel good
    its totally cooked up croc of poohs....it isnt a tax as it doesnt even leave one bank account and go into another..it simply is less paid out in first place. take the total number of beneficiaries off the total number of "taxpayers" and the TRUE number of taxpayers is a scarey low figure.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    no toys thrown...... none what so ever
    Sure seems like there were some toys. I don't get what the issue is, you don't think you were being a bit out of line?

Whoever is arguing on the side of the govt to get the costing right, just remember the Canadian example where they budgeted what they thought was a feasible amount to make it work.
    They were wrong. Massively wrong.
    They may have thought they had the correct numbers for the calculation, but shit in-shit out.
    As I do t like this crowd much nor that twat Cahill, I will error on the pessimist side and suggest it will be the same and cost way too much for the actual benefits that are touting.
    Also going forward, if the anti firearm pixies wave their wand and all the civilian firearms magically stop getting into crims hands, I can guarantee you that they will eventually start importing firearms way worse than cut down rifles and shotties.
    You will start to see little SMGs etc as they will be way cooler. If they are importing millions of dollars of drugs, what will stop them getting a couple of dozen cheap and nastys thrown in as well.
    Ranger 888, RV1 and Bush Basher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Whoever is arguing on the side of the govt to get the costing right, just remember the Canadian example where they budgeted what they thought was a feasible amount to make it work.
    They were wrong. Massively wrong.
    They may have thought they had the correct numbers for the calculation, but shit in-shit out.
    As I do t like this crowd much nor that twat Cahill, I will error on the pessimist side and suggest it will be the same and cost way too much for the actual benefits that are touting.
    Also going forward, if the anti firearm pixies wave their wand and all the civilian firearms magically stop getting into crims hands, I can guarantee you that they will eventually start importing firearms way worse than cut down rifles and shotties.
    You will start to see little SMGs etc as they will be way cooler. If they are importing millions of dollars of drugs, what will stop them getting a couple of dozen cheap and nastys thrown in as well.
    Next thing it will be TEC9s in place of cut down 10/22s.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

@Finnwolf yup stuff exactly like that. Possibly worse but would depend on how snobby the buyers were.
    Some proper full auto AKs, G3s etc
    Finnwolf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    A quick scuff of a grinder ( mostly) negates registration.
    That's not entirely true as there are several ways, both chemical and electrical, to recover the markings from the sub-surface crystalline structure. I'm not a forensic metallurgist so don't know but I expect overstamping the ground area with a series of XXX's would make this a more difficult exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by on2it View Post
    That's not entirely true as there are several ways, both chemical and electrical, to recover the markings from the sub-surface crystalline structure. I'm not a forensic metallurgist so don't know but I expect overstamping the ground area with a series of XXX's would make this a more difficult exercise.
    Bruh, they found a dead body in a field in Woodend, left it because forensics were off for the evening, literally left a body in a field, came back the next day and it was gone........because the killer came back and moved it to a new location...

...and you think they are going to forensically match a 223 or 22lr round to a 'deregistered' rifle.....

Name:  skeptical.jpeg
Views: 154
Size:  38.1 KB
    Micky Duck and XR500 like this.

Sure seems like there were some toys. I don't get what the issue is, you don't think you were being a bit out of line?
    why dont you just drop it .the wee exchange has SFA to do with how the discussion progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by on2it View Post
    Not as easy as you'd think, and a grinder generally doesn't piss around when it starts removing metal crystalline or not. Most stampings in firearms aren't deeply upsetting the metal to the point where there is a major structural change because of fatigue purposes.