Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Courier company does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
    What courier did you use? I'm trying to send a rifle and fastways are the only one who'll send it, but they will only send to depot for collection, not to a private address.
    I've used fastways a few times and never had a problem with them delivering to private addresses, is that a new rule or just different depots making up different policies? Their drivers down here have been pretty good at not leaving firearms without a signature in my experience.

They did want the bolt and rifle in separate packages which makes them a few more dollars for another ticket.

In Wellington Fastways won't deliver fire arms or ammo to the door. You have to collect them from the depot and produce ID. Its a great policy.
    Last time, I was attended to by a beautifully polite and obliging Polynesian person.
    tetawa and Dougie like this.

Must be a local Wellington rule, I just sent one from the Waikato to Christchurch with Fastways was able to track it the whole way even had the receivers signature on the track site only outfit I use for firearms, and my Fastways driver is a Kiwi always leaves a card if I'm not home.

I sent a rifle to a mate in Chch on Monday from Gore with Post Haste - it arrived midday on Tuesday. Sent to a business address, labelled as a sporting firearm. The courier driver insisted my mate sign for it as he was the recipient, rather than hand it over to the receptionist. I thought that was pretty good service.
    Bryan, Dundee, gadgetman and 5 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

[QUOTE=Steve123;497102]Every time I've had stuff couriered it's been a fuck up. I've lost count of the hours I waste trying to find where bolts, sealant etc have gone.
    I have not seen a NZ born courier in the last decade. So from my experience fucked if I'd trust any of them with fire arms or ammo.

Sent from my SM

You obviously have very in depth chats with all the courier drivers, if you know where they were all born
    Dougie and mikee like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

[QUOTE=Pengy;497220]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Every time I've had stuff couriered it's been a fuck up. I've lost count of the hours I waste trying to find where bolts, sealant etc have gone.
    I have not seen a NZ born courier in the last decade. So from my experience fucked if I'd trust any of them with fire arms or ammo.

Sent from my SM

You obviously have very in depth chats with all the courier drivers, if you know where they were all born
    When they speak broken English it's pretty safe to assume they're not born here.
    I even had one and ask for directions to a main road and the cunt could not understand "look for the big crane"

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    I sent a rifle to a mate in Chch on Monday from Gore with Post Haste - it arrived midday on Tuesday. Sent to a business address, labelled as a sporting firearm. The courier driver insisted my mate sign for it as he was the recipient, rather than hand it over to the receptionist. I thought that was pretty good service.
    Post Haste up here won't touch them, the local agent has been told to visually check if parcel could contain a firearm.What ever the goods are they want a signed declaration. Given them the flick, use Fastway for firearm related articles, and the good old PO for other.

Yea I think the fastways policy isn't all bad, it does have some sense to it.

Steve123 move to America, you'll fit right in. New Zealand is great because of diverse cultures and what they bring.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
    Yea I think the fastways policy isn't all bad, it does have some sense to it.

Steve123 move to America, you'll fit right in. New Zealand is great because of diverse cultures and what they bring.
    Wait till your drive to work doubles in four years. What about the love of diverse cultures when they start building houses on public park land to fit everybody in. Maybe when you feel like you've gone to a foreign country when you vist Tauranga or Dunedin. Don't get me wrong I've nothing against most other cultures but I think it's a bit rich when all you guys from " White bread NZ" start lecturing us about immigration when it hasn't fucked up where you live... yet

Wait till your drive to work doubles in four years. What about the love of diverse cultures when they start building houses on public park land to fit everybody in. Maybe when you feel like you've gone to a foreign country when you vist Tauranga or Dunedin. Don't get me wrong I've nothing against most other cultures but I think it's a bit rich when all you guys from " White bread NZ" start lecturing us about immigration when it hasn't fucked up where you live... yet
    So stop talking like a white supremacist then. Your posts are the most racially bias I have ever read on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    So stop talking like a white supremacist then. Your posts are the most racially bias I have ever read on here.
    Where have I mentioned race or white sumpremacy? I've said new NZ'er may be English French Dutch African stop making assumptions. And unless you know me personally leave out the race card. Maybe you could skip over my posts of you don't like them.

Where have I mentioned race or white sumpremacy? I've said new NZ'er may be English French Dutch African stop making assumptions. And unless you know me personally leave out the race card. Maybe you could skip over my posts of you don't like them.

I apologise. I must have erroneously miss interpreted the below quotes of yours.

"Just shows what happens when "new New Zealanders" take over an industry. Standards start to reflect the third world dysfunctional shit hole they came from."

"When they speak broken English it's pretty safe to assume they're not born here.
    I even had one and ask for directions to a main road and the cunt could not understand "look for the big crane"

Don't forget the Hungarians. We are a force to reckon with
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boar Freak View Post
    Don't forget the Hungarians. We are a force to reckon with
    Sorry I'll remember you guys for next time. Problem is I've liked every Hungarian I've met except for one.

I just had a rifle sent to me, the guy who sent it used Courier Post.
    Had no problems at all, mind you had it delivered to an address where somebody is always present during working hours.