Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Courier company does it again.

Quote Originally Posted by erniec View Post
    I just had a rifle sent to me, the guy who sent it used Courier Post.
    Had no problems at all, mind you had it delivered to an address where somebody is always present during working hours.
    Be careful there, a firarm is a prohibited item under NZ posts rules......
    tetawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    The dizzy bimbo at the couriers thinks Im into repairing vintage /hot rod steering components ( to be fair I did tell her that ) so any longish funny shaped packages don't get the hairy eyeball
    Fastways left my Rem XR100 propped up against the letter box at the end of the drive ( 800m , cant see mailbox )...........but would only del ammo to the local garage ..............how the fuck does that work.
    and now I continue to wait for my new scope mount for my Beretta Olympia .from Italy............... , and my Meccano clockwork motor from the UK , my three bond from Singapore , and my cam chain from China
    What's the threebond angle? Good price?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    In Wellington Fastways won't deliver fire arms or ammo to the door. You have to collect them from the depot and produce ID. Its a great policy.
    Last time, I was attended to by a beautifully polite and obliging Polynesian person.
    So did the Polynesian have to be beautifull to be polite and obliging?

Anyhow, the op ordered something and it was deliveredm so whats the problem?
    Tommy likes this.

This incident shows extreme level of carelessness and irresponsibility regarding the laws and duties of the courier companies towards their customers. That's all I can say...
    Get firearms safety training course only from any NRA certified training school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I apologise. I must have erroneously miss interpreted the below quotes of yours.

"Just shows what happens when "new New Zealanders" take over an industry. Standards start to reflect the third world dysfunctional shit hole they came from."

"When they speak broken English it's pretty safe to assume they're not born here.
    I even had one and ask for directions to a main road and the cunt could not understand "look for the big crane"

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

A courier left a rifle on my doorstep in plain view of all passersby...... what made it worse was the torn packaging ..... the barrel was poking out quite a way and there was no mistaking the contents of the package. Also very clearly written on the package " signature only".
    How hard can it be?
    Steve123 likes this.

The only firearm I've sent by courier, very clearly addressed but in error packaged to look quite obviously like a firearm, was delivered to the local primary school at the destination end.
    GravelBen likes this.

[QUOTE=Steve123;497221][QUOTE=Pengy;497220]
    When they speak broken English it's pretty safe to assume they're not born here.
    I even had one and ask for directions to a main road and the cunt could not understand "look for the big crane"

Sent from my SM

To assume, makes an ass out of you and me.
    But you know that, cos you told Tahr not to make assumptions
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

😥

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

The interesting one in that list is

Collectibles
    Many people collect stamps, so as soon as you affix a stamp to a letter you are no longer allowed to send it.
    GravelBen and Tommy like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I'm on good terms with a couple of my local courier drivers. They work mega hours for fuck all money, and often get a heap of shit if they are running late: Auckland, if it's raining, traffic is fucked. If it's after 3, traffic is fucked. If anything happens anywhere, especially the motorway, traffic is fucked. If it's Friday, traffic is fucked. Sure, some are dumbasses, but what industry doesn't have it's fair share of window-lickers?
    mickey, gadgetman, Dougie and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    … Auckland, if it's raining, traffic is fucked. If it's after 3, traffic is fucked. If anything happens anywhere, especially the motorway, traffic is fucked. If it's Friday, traffic is fucked.
    ah, Auckland traffic: how i don't miss you at all.
    MB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The interesting one in that list is

Many people collect stamps, so as soon as you affix a stamp to a letter you are no longer allowed to send it.
    Collectibles are restricted because if it goes missing they find it very difficult to sort out what it is worth for replacement. There was a Fair Go article on it last year (from memory) that was very informative. (Unlike TV I know...)