Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Fastways Courier Calling The Cops?

At least they didn't deliver it to your door, fraudulently sign the sign on delivery docket and leave it on your doorstep
    300CALMAN and Cordite like this.

Banned
    It's not illegal to courier a rifle, nor do you have to actually tell them either. They are not customs. (How do they know anything people send is not stolen? Why just a rifle?)

I had a rifle sent to me by NZ Post courier, and the barrel ended up poking through the end of the packaging. The NZ Post manager refused to give it to me even though I had a firearms licesne and it was addressed to me. More than that, he was going on holiday for two weeks that afternoon and was not going to give it to me, but leave it in his office. I pointed out that he couldn't keep it from me, because he didn't have a firearms license himself, it belonged to me, and there was nothing illegal about posting a firearm. (Nz Post will not now carry firearms, but there is nothing illegal about it. They just don't want to. )
    I ended up calling the local police station. the Sargent said he didn't have a problem with me picking up it up. I asked him to call the NZ Post manager and he did so.

Sulky silence from him when I showed up.
    Last edited by Carlsen Highway; 27-07-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    gadgetman and Cordite like this.

Heard the other day that NZ Couriers and Post Haste have shit canned delivering firearms.

Banned
    Just dont tell them. None of their business anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    Just dont tell them. None of their business anyway.

And if there is an issue with delivery? They tear the box/drop it/lose it what then?
    How do you think a insurance claim will go ?
    bigbear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTY View Post
    yep, same price in reverse for mainlanders to send north.
    $65 yesterday Christchurch to Invercargill
    A breakdown 22 in a parcel that measured 500x125x75mm
    Oh maybe the extra $30 was because they stuck 2 bright orange stickers on the parcel advertising that there is a "FIREARM INCLOSED". What a Dumb Arsed, Short Sighted idea!
    Cordite and outlander like this.

Even if it isnt illegal if you dont tell them a firearm, if it goes missing or gets damaged you will not get a cent from them as you broke the terms of service.
    Is it worth the risk, its not too hard to post via fastways properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    Even if it isnt illegal if you dont tell them a firearm, if it goes missing or gets damaged you will not get a cent from them as you broke the terms of service.
    Is it worth the risk, its not too hard to post via fastways properly.
    Down to personal preference then.
    outlander likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    And if there is an issue with delivery? They tear the box/drop it/lose it what then?
    How do you think a insurance claim will go ?
    You label it sporting goods and insurance won't be a problem.
    gadgetman, Cordite and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    You label it sporting goods and insurance won't be a problem.
    Nope. I have been in the firearms/sporting trade for some time and seen people who have lost their rifles due to the same sort of situation You have to do things by the book .
    bigbear likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Fair enough i reckon. Fastway do courier firearms so why lie about whats in the parcel? As far as courier would know it could be an illegal firearm, stolen, or unlicensed buyer or seller.
    Because they put a sticker on it that says "FIREARM" and charge you for the privilege.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Nope. I have been in the firearms/sporting trade for some time and seen people who have lost their rifles due to the same sort of situation You have to do things by the book .
    And this is part off the reason why pricing has gone up. People who think it is all good to send firearms or ammo and not declaring it.
    upnorth uplander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    And this is part off the reason why pricing has gone up. People who think it is all good to send firearms or ammo and not declaring it.
    Doesn't quite work like that... lol

Why would the price go up from people not receiving payouts for lost packages? Why is it not all good to send firearms or ammo and not declare them, apart from the fact it voids your insurance and breaks the companies terms of use or conditions of carriage?

Why do you think the price has gone up? cause they can't be fucked dealing with the shit. All the extra headaches. Like most places if you don't really want to deal with it you put the price up and if you don't get the work so be it.
    There is no excuses when items are getting left on door steps etc etc no matter what the item is, they get paid to do a job.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Your insurance does not cover anything you send to some one else I checked with two Insurance companies I have policies with when I sent a rifle
    to it's new owner both said once it leaves your hands it is no longer covered,
    NZ Post only cover $250.00, and make it almost impossible to make a claim, Their investigation team is staffed by total fuckwits I had a parcel from the US go missing
    last month filed a claim two weeks later they came back with We can't find it get the sender to file a claim, So I do that he says fine I will send you another one
    a few days later get an email "your mould has come back pease confirm your address", Now it is back in Auckland hope the dipsticks can find me this time
    outlander likes this.