Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: A good insight into recent (20 yr) history of armed policing (AOS) in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    A number of points were interesting-

I agree that there is a need for armed officers (AOS ) on occasion, and I agree that the training is woefully inadequate. Accuracy and performance under pressure is mostly muscle memory and practise. And one week a year is not enough. Mind you, every other aspect of the funding is inadequate as well so fair is fair....Licensing admin is woefully under funded too- the only part that is not underfunded seems to be traffic policing
    What's wrong with the amount of firearms training police have? They're highly trained individuals.

Name:  Web capture_30-3-2022_72839_www.stuff.co.nz.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  177.6 KB

Name:  Web capture_30-3-2022_7293_www.stuff.co.nz.jpeg
Views: 398
Size:  49.1 KB
    Cordite likes this.

Even the taliban were displaying better trigger control than that
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imaca View Post
    Even the taliban were displaying better trigger control than that
    I reckon they had more time using the gear. Trigger time as it where.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    @Sako851 the IPCA said that all shootings were justified (at the instance the officer shot them) but police tactics may have “caused” the shooting by escalating the confrontation.
    One guy was bail checked numerous times a day, often during the night and early hours of the morning for about a month. He was always there and was not breaching bail conditions. Eventually the guy cracked and police shot him while he was carrying a slasher.
    A friend ended up on 23 hrs and 59 minutes curfew a few years ago after he shagged a cops Mrs and got charged with something he didn't do.
    Anyway he cracked with the police visits every morning at 5 am. Funny bastard didnt resort to violence but 'stropped himself up' and answered the door each morning naked with a hard on and " Is there something I can do for you officer"?

Haha that’s a better way of doing it Moa

Reminds me of the old joke ..... "if i called you a prick, would you hold it against me ?"

Cahill claims that Police officers receive a weeks firearms training whilst on Basic training, and then 7 and a half days firearms training a year, but until recently it was only 4 days.

But TWO different Police Officers I had good discussions with down at the Wellington protest said they received only 2 x half days on the range annually. And they were both manning rural stations, so were more likely to come into contact with firearms (other than South Auckland!).

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    What's wrong with the amount of firearms training police have? They're highly trained individuals.

Attachment 193611

Attachment 193612
    Looks like her finger is underneath the trigger guard, too far back to be inside the trigger guard as the trigger would be in the way, likely her middle finger.
    Cordite and Finnwolf like this.

There is so much wrong with that article that it's hard to know where to start. Pretty pathetic journalism.

not something that should really happen aye but it does and is appalling and there lack of training goes so far that if the cops train on your range your insurance premium goes up as they are the ones who cause the most safety accidents. they need to learn to train train train and then train some more otherwise they aint gonna get better

And this am, 5 am to be precise and for 30 mins. We had motorcycle revving their asses off around Bethlehem in Tauranga, every morning there an arsehole that go thru Bethlehem and down the motorway to the Mount. When walking, I’ve actually seen a cop waiting and watching him go thru, I told him this happens every day. He closed the car door and drove away? Who’s in control, more and more I’m thinking the gangs.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough