Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: Media Firearms beat-up continues

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    You feel safer in a country with more "relaxed" gun laws than Australia, yet you want to change them to your "perfect" Australian laws. Right, that makes sense.

Australian gun laws are a joke. New Zealand has a substantially better vetting system. I held a Firearms Licence in two states (one was a territory actually), and was never interviewed or even had a conversation about my suitability for a license during any of application/re application processes in over 15 years.

Police from New Zealand and Canada both stated before removing the registration in those countries, that no crimes had been solved using them and that they gave a false sense of security to responding Officers.

I can't stand people who move to a country because they don't like the system in their own, and then try and change their new country to emulate the country they left.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Who said that I wanted to use Australia's gun laws ???? I just said they need some tightening and suggested a registry. Having semi auto 7.62 readably available to ANY person with a FAL is a recipe for a mass shooting.
    I didn't move here because I didn't like the Oz system, I'm here because I have family here, so I have no intentions of crossing the ditch.
    Again I have a right to my say and you to yours, but you and everyone but @Nick-D have gone on the defensive about in my eyes a defective FAL system.

I'm on the defensive because you claim Semi-auto 7.62 (and I assume you mean all Semi-auto center fire rifles) should not be available in NZ, and that's bullshit. They are a useful tool.

You ARE entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't magically mean your statements are valid. If you make an outlandish claim, expect to be roasted by the rest of this community.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Jexla likes this.

Defensive, certainly.
    Your advocating to impact on my sport negatively, without any sound reasoning and based on nothing more than selfish opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    Who said that I wanted to use Australia's gun laws ???? I just said they need some tightening and suggested a registry. Having semi auto 7.62 readably available to ANY person with a FAL is a recipe for a mass shooting.
    I didn't move here because I didn't like the Oz system, I'm here because I have family here, so I have no intentions of crossing the ditch.
    Again I have a right to my say and you to yours, but you and everyone but @Nick-D have gone on the defensive about in my eyes a defective FAL system.
    So your saying you need a 7.62 semi auto to do a mass shooting?? It's part of the Recipe... You might as well just join the Reporters. Reporters blame the firearms also. Why don't they blame bombs for bombings or knives for stabbings.

Actual they make the shooters famous which is what theses loosers want. To become famous which is the "famous" mas murders in OZ and NZ had paper clippings of other mas shootings. The Media sells papers and TV gives them what they want... This is part of a complex problem.

as a fan of evidence based science and reason I haven't seen any evidence of a defective FAL system
    MrDrifter and rossi.45 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I'm on the defensive because you claim Semi-auto 7.62 (and I assume you mean all Semi-auto center fire rifles) should not be available in NZ, and that's bullshit. They are a useful tool.

You ARE entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't magically mean your statements are valid. If you make an outlandish claim, expect to be roasted by the rest of this community.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Why is my argument NOT valid ??? And what outlandish claims have I made ?? I said that they shouldn't be available to "un-trained" persons. In an "Ideal world" why do we need them ????
    madjon_ likes this.

a valid argument must be backed up by facts otherwise it is just an opinion

Why is my argument NOT valid ??? And what outlandish claims have I made ?? I said that they shouldn't be available to "un-trained" persons. In an "Ideal world" why do we need them ????
    Why do you need ANY firearm. They are designed to KILL? How about only licensed pest controllers, no one else has the need except the ARMY.
    Jexla likes this.

Curious as to what this training is
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Defensive, certainly.
    Your advocating to impact on my sport negatively, without any sound reasoning and based on nothing more than selfish opinion.
    Do I have the power to change the law's NO so I'm not impacting on your sport.

Fireworks on sale at range of stores - Business - NZ Herald News

Beat up on fireworks, small distraction for the moment.

Do I have the power to change the law's NO so I'm not impacting on your sport.
    No, like I said before. Your are advocating for it.

A classic quote of the anti's. Firearms should only be in the hands of professionally trained people. Personally I didnt need the military to train me how to use a semi auto military rifle competently. Its a very basic machine after all.
    Jexla likes this.

firearms in nz are not designed to kill humans, they are designed to kill animals and shoot targets. the fact that they can kill humans is just another possible use much in the same way that a hammer, knife, machete, chainsaw or other TOOL could be used to kill a human.

if a gun is designed to kill people it would not have any features that reduce its effectiveness. so when an M16 has its ability to be fully automatic removed and made in its civilian version ie an AR15 with semi-auto only and with a limited capacity of 7 rounds it can hardly be its most efficient but still perfectly alright for target shooting or general hunting

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Fireworks on sale at range of stores - Business - NZ Herald News

Beat up on fireworks, small distraction for the moment.
    Why what did fireworks do ?? Look we can debate about any subject any time over a beer at the pub or over a forum, just don't take it personally
    Dan88 likes this.