Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree602Likes

Thread: New Updated Arms Code 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Pacific Islands Forum
    As a member of the Pacific Islands Forum, New Zealand adopted the March, 2000 Nadi Framework agreement, which aims to harmonise small arm-related legislation across Oceania. In August 2003, the Nadi Framework’s draft model Weapons Control Bill was unanimously accepted for consideration by all 16 member states of the Pacific Islands Forum

I can't see the idiots over in West Island choosing to use our legislation.
    I dunno. They had the sense to put the beach in the middle cos there's too many sharks around the outside......

Hes some AO logic for you, I have been to the AO and filled in a form to procure a new rifle from down country. I have given my work address as the place I would like it delivered to because I am at work all day to receive it.
    But no, it can only be del to my home address where it will sit at the front door, or a courier depot?
    I argued that the safest place for del was my work. He told me that was not one of my choices and he would not issue me a permit unless I gave him one of the options on the form for del.
    I told him that I didnt think that was law, he said it was police interpretations and he wouldnt talk to me any further, it was my residence or a courier company and I could ring back with what I was going to do and he was not going to continue the conversation and would hang up!!
    really logic, no wonder we lose firearms in this country.
    Wirehunt, gadgetman and Munsey like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Im getting del to my home address, hopefully it wont be raining on the day and its still there when I get home!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Im getting del to my home address, hopefully it wont be raining on the day and its still there when I get home!!
    Where do you live and what date?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Where do you live and what date?
    Ill fill you in once I sorted my insurance!! Police cant argue, I gave them the safest option!!
    Munsey likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Hes some AO logic for you, I have been to the AO and filled in a form to procure a new rifle from down country. I have given my work address as the place I would like it delivered to because I am at work all day to receive it.
    But no, it can only be del to my home address where it will sit at the front door, or a courier depot?
    I argued that the safest place for del was my work. He told me that was not one of my choices and he would not issue me a permit unless I gave him one of the options on the form for del.
    I told him that I didnt think that was law, he said it was police interpretations and he wouldnt talk to me any further, it was my residence or a courier company and I could ring back with what I was going to do and he was not going to continue the conversation and would hang up!!
    really logic, no wonder we lose firearms in this country.
    I have dealt with the same issue.

You are absolutely correct. The law does not restrict where your firearm or ammunition is sent.

What he, and many in POLHQ don't get, is that the s43a is not a 'permit'. It is merely verification that that a Police Officer has sighted your licence and you are a a 'fit and proper person'.

No legal requirement to use 'their form'. No legal requirement that your purchase is sent to an 'approved location'.

Thankfully some people know the law, and aren't concerned with the Police 'interpretation'. Once the seller receives the endorsed form, they can send it anywhere you ask them too.
    veitnamcam, mikee, Ryan and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Bullshit.
    not bullshit its a nato plan to disarm the citizen and we are a member of nato
    gadgetman likes this.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    I have dealt with the same issue.

You are absolutely correct. The law does not restrict where your firearm or ammunition is sent.

What he, and many in POLHQ don't get, is that the s43a is not a 'permit'. It is merely verification that that a Police Officer has sighted your licence and you are a a 'fit and proper person'.

No legal requirement to use 'their form'. No legal requirement that your purchase is sent to an 'approved location'.

Thankfully some people know the law, and aren't concerned with the Police 'interpretation'. Once the seller receives the endorsed form, they can send it anywhere you ask them too.
    I was told on know uncertain terms I had three choices and I had to choose one or he would not issue the S43a and I couldnt buy the rifle by post, I chose the worse option for thief, if it goes missing he told me I had no choice, he will be getting a call. We rang a friendly AO in Auck and was told they are not enforcing it, logic rules, it would have come to me at work. I will be asking his boss what is going on, once I get my rifle. The mans not fit to hold the position!
    veitnamcam, mikee and Pengy like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    not bullshit its a nato plan to disarm the citizen and we are a member of nato
    Just as a wee help... NATO = North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. NZ is not in the North Atlantic, and we don't belong to that group. What you probably meant to say was the UN, as in the United Nations and we are a member of that group.

There are apparently a number of policy related documents and trade restriction treaties in place that affect private citizen rights to acquire, but in so far as directly affecting ownership within sovereign states is concerned that is solely a matter for that nation to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    There are apparently a number of policy related documents and trade restriction treaties in place that affect private citizen rights to acquire, but in so far as directly affecting ownership within sovereign states is concerned that is solely a matter for that nation to decide.
    Although it appears POLHQ have "volunteered" to do some of this UN arms-control malarkey...

I would tend to ascribe general incompetance to the administration of the law by the police rather than conspiracy....

What they are learning however is that we are taking more notice....
    Nickoli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I would tend to ascribe general incompetance to the administration of the law by the police rather than conspiracy....

What they are learning however is that we are taking more notice....
    Its not incompetence! It is knowingly manipulating the law and abuse of power to carry on like the dip shit did yesterday
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

bullocks... what feature of the grand plan is he exercising...?

what strategic advantage do they get by insisting what address the rifle has to be sent to?

the guys a dick, and he's not competant, and he likes to think he makes the rules... but a conspiracy would be an agreement to knowingly break the law... what law is he breaking?

of course its incompetance....

give up the tin foil hat mate...

well... the only accountability that exists for us is going to come from us... we don't like it - make sure they are challenged.. accountability aint going to come from the pollies...

say yes sir no sir, but tell them it is not lawful and that u will be making a complaint. Then make the complaint and follow it up....

tell us about it after you have done that...
    gadgetman and Gibo like this.

I was talking to an experienced criminal defence lawyer the other day, and they related that they had on several occasions been in discussions with senior police prosecutors and investigators where they said that the reason that they made sure that they complied with the law, and the expectations of the court and justice system, was simply because of the existance of robust defence and legal challenge.

Without that, they said that they would be likely to cut corners. This is not surprising to me, its basic human nature...

We don't want a police force that cuts corners and that happens without accountability. Firearms law is an area where accountabilty is not historically robust and given general public disassociation with our community that isn't likely to get better...

But its not a conspiracy, its just about self interest. The police are not interested in looking after your rights to enjoy your firearms even though they should be, it's a cost in resources and potentially a safety issue for them.

Accountability can only come from us... The law applies to us and it applies to them... they need to be made to comply with it and that will never change..