Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: New Updated Arms Code 2017

Doesn't it make you start question the organizations who have hundreds of thousands of dollars in their kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Doesn't it make you start question the organizations who have hundreds of thousands of dollars in their kitty?
    That they are so incompetent that they cannot better an unpaid organization with only some donations? yip. I called newstalk zb today and told them that registration wont work.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    That they are so incompetent that they cannot better an unpaid organization with only some donations? yip. I called newstalk zb today and told them that registration wont work.
    Good to put a forum handle to a voice.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

And Cahill represent the police association , which has how members out of the whole police force?

An important point when Cahill said that more than 500 guns had been seized in the last 12 months:
    So Mr Cahill , there must be at least 200 to 400 people behind bars now?
    No? So how come those people with out a gun licence for most of them I am sure, are not behind bars or prosecuted severely?
    Ah, maybe because the justice system is not tough enough and the judges are realesing them straight away?
    Ah, but is it not one the complain of a good number of the members of the police association? That their efforts to stop crime get demolished by a laxist law and laxist judges?
    Therefore maybe this is more important problem to sort out than bothering the honest citizens?

And maybe that select committee should have ask the following question:
    How do guns end up in criminal hands? And how do we punish criminals who use illegal arms to accomplish their crimes?

I ll sent an email to Aunty Paula for the next time she is interviewed by journalists about the subject.

I was impressed by the guy from the act party who got interviewed on radio NZ just before 8 am. And for once, Suzie Ferguson was not too bad, but guy esplanar is still acting as a kidhead of a journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Good to put a forum handle to a voice.

First caller, Leon.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    And Cahill represent the police association , which has how members out of the whole police force?

An important point when Cahill said that more than 500 guns had been seized in the last 12 months:
    So Mr Cahill , there must be at least 200 to 400 people behind bars now?
    No? So how come those people with out a gun licence for most of them I am sure, are not behind bars or prosecuted severely?
    Ah, maybe because the justice system is not tough enough and the judges are realesing them straight away?
    Ah, but is it not one the complain of a good number of the members of the police association? That their efforts to stop crime get demolished by a laxist law and laxist judges?
    Therefore maybe this is more important problem to sort out than bothering the honest citizens?

And maybe that select committee should have ask the following question:
    How do guns end up in criminal hands? And how do we punish criminals who use illegal arms to accomplish their crimes?

I ll sent an email to Aunty Paula for the next time she is interviewed by journalists about the subject.

I was impressed by the guy from the act party who got interviewed on radio NZ just before 8 am. And for once, Suzie Ferguson was not too bad, but guy esplanar is still acting as a kidhead of a journalist.
    I know of two of the firearms of that 500. It was in the press a week or so back.

There was a case recently in Dunedin(?) where a tattooist was charged for a number of offences; Possessing and carrying a loaded home made pistol (In his jacket at the time when the police arrived); Possessing a loaded home made rifle in the same room (under a bench, unsecured and in easy reach); Possessing live ammunition loose in the same room; Drugs and drug utensils for drug consumption and evidence of use also with the firearms. All with out a firearms license because he has previous drug convictions (and mention of a violence conviction too from memory) meaning he would not qualify as "Fit and Proper" by a long way.

He is a tattooist that works from home. Apparently his customers often pay him with drugs. So what did he get as a sentence? 3 months HOME DETENTION for the pistol possession, 3 months HOME DETENTION for the rifle possession, 4 or 6 months HOME DETENTION for the drugs charges, all to be served concurrently. How is this a punishment? He works from home, his drugs are delivered by his customers who visit his home. All I can say is WTF!!!!!!!

If you or I got caught with a loaded pistol in my jacket would we get Home detention?