Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: Police pushing firearms safety in mass media

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    rule number 7 isnt it?????
    THINK before you type......
    you know the ANTIs are watching,so why would you willingly give them ammunition to use against the law abiding?????
    Do you mean the bit about having a cold one while in a room full of guns?

No different to having a beer while cleaning one.

So long as all the ammo is put away I cant see a problem.

I can see why the antis would try use it as ammo against us normal people though.
    Maca49, outlander, Dago and 1 others like this.
    Use enough gun

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    I've been hearing the ads on the radio, and just seen some big ads in the local paper.

Cannot hurt, but I do wonder who the audience is here.

Attachment 171546
    What a complete waste of tax payer money. Paper mill closing down because there is a lower demand for news print and they choose to advertise in news papers with diminishing readership. Fucking brilliant!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Do you mean the bit about having a cold one while in a room full of guns?

No different to having a beer while cleaning one.

So long as all the ammo is put away I cant see a problem.

I can see why the antis would try use it as ammo against us normal people though.
    yes that is what I was refering to..... its like saying you have cruise control set at 104kmph ok so you do it..but WHY put it out on internet for all to see???
    this thread is about tightening up laws around gun ownership...giving exzample of breaking that rule, if not the law is "just dumb" if it was used/quoted by ALpers and co next week.......here in NZHS forum person, calling themselves 40mm,ha said he would sit in room full of guns and drink alcohol....tut tut how terribly irresponsible of them...we must ban some more things "to keep us all safe" you would feel like a dick for having posted it...would you not???

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    yes that is what I was refering to..... its like saying you have cruise control set at 104kmph ok so you do it..but WHY put it out on internet for all to see???
    this thread is about tightening up laws around gun ownership...giving exzample of breaking that rule, if not the law is "just dumb" if it was used/quoted by ALpers and co next week.......here in NZHS forum person, calling themselves 40mm,ha said he would sit in room full of guns and drink alcohol....tut tut how terribly irresponsible of them...we must ban some more things "to keep us all safe" you would feel like a dick for having posted it...would you not???
    yeah, I see your point.

I should refrain from mentioning my habit of having a cold one while looking after the kids too. Probably have cyfs on my case!

I must remember not to drink if I am ever in a room full of guns!!!

Ps, Alpers if you are reading this, How's that phony university qualification going?
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Ps, Alpers if you are reading this, How's that phony university qualification going?
    Woody and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    https://www.crimestoppers-nz.org/?gc...SAAEgJIkPD_BwE

the golden opportunity to dob someone in you dont like - like your ex-partner , your nosy neighbour , the big mouth at work.....
    Time to dob in the local officer who leaves their patrol car unlocked, or when they miss use their firearms. It’s well known than may of the force, do not have practical experience even with their annual Training. Please don’t take me as being anti law enforcement. Just pitty the boot don’t fit for all?

So are they going to use this as ammo against gangs in NZ ?

Or is it okay for them to leave their illegal guns just laying around ?
    veitnamcam and outlander like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Gone but not forgotten
    I’ve just noticed that firearms owned by the Crown (which I assume includes all police and military firearms) are NOT required to be marked with identifying marks OR have details provided to the Police for inclusion in the registry OR to record any particulars, whether in the registry or elsewhere.
    Really? The defence force and police don’t need to record the details of their firearms anywhere? WTF!!!I guess that once the registry comes in, that means all guns seized from criminals that aren’t in the registry must be govt firearms stolen or sold on the black market.
    veitnamcam and RV1 like this.

Yea they do, all military guns have serial numbers

https://www.crimestoppers-nz.org/?gc...SAAEgJIkPD_BwE

the golden opportunity to dob someone in you dont like - like your ex-partner , your nosy neighbour , the big mouth at work.....
    says they are not the police.......in the "about us" page , we are an independant charity bla bla ........ so obviously have their agenda . wonder what other "charities" they are affilliated to . at least they put their names up so if they ever decide to run for a political party they can be identified and avoided
    Dago likes this.

northdude
    Anyone seen the dob in a gun owner one as well?
    I had that appear on my phone randomly. Thought about letting them know most gang members will have an illegal firearm...
    veitnamcam, Maca49, Dago and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Semi autos are fine to store with bolts in, but bolt actions are not. Does that make sense to anyone? I do think removing the mags and storing them seperately is a good idea though. P2 magazines need to be stored in an approved safe, as does ammo to fit. I wonder how long it will be until tha tis the normal rules? Looking at Australia their storage rules are way over the top compared to ours.
    Mate had a security inspection last week over the hill and was told his ammo had to be locked away, bolts stored separately, and he was asked for a list of his firearms and serial no’s. He called me seeking advise…..unbelievable that this stuff is still happening.

I told him to ask the guy why it had taken 6 months for the inspection given the change of address was sent 7 months ago….
    Micky Duck and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Mate had a security inspection last week over the hill and was told his ammo had to be locked away, bolts stored separately, and he was asked for a list of his firearms and serial no’s. He called me seeking advise…..unbelievable that this stuff is still happening.

I told him to ask the guy why it had taken 6 months for the inspection given the change of address was sent 7 months ago….
    Tell your mate to politely refuse to let them view or even touch his guns. And to ignore the request to remove bolts or mags except to show the guns are unloaded.

And tell the cops to put their request in writing. So he can smear them with it at a later date.
    Dago and XR500 like this.
    Use enough gun

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Mate had a security inspection ..: and he was asked for a list of his firearms and serial no’s.….
    Currently they have no legal right make people to do that. One of their proposed new regulations would allow them to get a list of number and type of firearms, but that isn’t law yet, and still doesn’t include serial numbers etc.
    BSA and Pushover like this.

northdude
    When the guy came to do my renewal recently i asked him if he wanted to see inside the safe or check firearms he said no its not required..and thatz was it