Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Shooting rules for near a public road

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Never said anything about AOS.
    Sorry Savage, but we've all seen on TV even, that the police go to their meeting point and grab their guns to anything firearm related.
    One example I remember, they were going to see some guy who got into some altercation with his family and reportedly owned an airsoft gun.
    They armed up turned up and the guy was as calm as could be and they wanted to know where his airsoft gun was, which was sitting away in his car.
    This is just one example I can think of.
    Have you ever thought that maybe the TV only shows jobs that may be interesting to watch, they certainly don't show jobs that aren't attended. AOS or not, not all firearms jobs are attended, the ones that are attended aren't always attended armed, it all depends on the circumstances. Sorry but TV shows on NZ Police do not give you a complete insight into the running of the organisation.

I've had the 'airsoft' situation many times before, it comes in as "he has a pistol/gun but i think its an air pistol/rifle". Would you take the risk? What harm is done by putting a glock on your hip? I want to go home after every shift and see my wife and two kids, that's more important to me than hurting someones feelings or intimidating somebody by arming up. Domestics are very unpredictable, hindsight is always 20/20 but you'd be surprised at how little or inaccurate the information is that we receive before arriving at a job, but that's the nature of the job.
    kiwijames, Yukon, Pengy and 4 others like this.

Well said Savage
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Ask your local AO what he thinks is a reasonable distance.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"