Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Pointer and Setter Trials

Another thing I appreciated at the trials is all the different breeds that come together most I have seen but this time I met Eesbees and her lovely Épagneul breton , a good little lad and worker !
    EeeBees likes this.
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Lets hope they approach it in a better way than you do Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    Lets hope they approach it in a better way than you do Brian.
    chur Z

Quote Originally Posted by teFerrarri View Post
    For the record, this is private land, and a private venture(not a preserve) we have made accessible soley to the Pointer and Setter Club. Our thanks to those who have supported us and helped along the way to make it a success.
    Well done, it's ventures like this that ensure the future of the live game trials. I hope it goes well in the future, my hats off to you

Any results from the weekend, el b did you run inti on the weekend

Actually I left before the finnish so am unsure but Dave sheely with his reds was running with Alan and his pointer .

Weas the write ups gone el b ???

Did any of the dogs had contact with birds?

I would very much like to give a comprehensive report but the truth is with the current location that is very hard as on most of the areas you cannot see the other competitors dogs working and much of the time you cannot even see your own dog . The current tree scape needs some time to grow up and let cover grow underneath to hold birds and also a space where you and your dog can see each other and work together. I personally had a progressively down hill spiral -well a spiral would be nice but I would have to say plummet with my own dog as he decided checking in when he could not see me or be seen wasn't a must -last trial I lost him as he ranged out and just self hunted --I literally could not find my dog as he does run big and with no visual pressure on him had a great old time and would not take command ........
    How did the other dogs do -pretty averagly also I guess you could say as this terrain demanded absolute top work or you failed -period .In time the ground will be better for all but at the moment mmmmmmm very damned hard for a big fast running dog and the results showed that also .I actually think some continentals could have done very well here and that sentiment was shared by another long time competitor .my honest thoughts anyways

Cheers bro

I remember thinking that at Titoki, and Titoki sounds more open in terms of cover! Next time I saw EBs I was telling her she needs to enter, good place for versatiles

EeBees Falco was recognised and awarded the Merit Ranging Dog during saturdays Novice trial. He was last dog standing and EeBees was thrilled with the award especially as the dog is homebred and apparently the first Breton to get any field recognition in NZ.

Yes, the conditions have favoured the birds and made trialling on these grounds difficult for both competitors and judges. However another years growth on the trees and closer to normal summer rainfall will ensure adequete ground cover to hold the birds and perhaps deter the dogs from such open running. The current entries are largely novice dogs who often lack bird contact in other venues. It is up to handlers to step up to the mark and give their dogs all the opportunities to steady to game and also handle accordingly.
    upnorth uplander and HF1 like this.

It is I think a gruelling but exciting venue...and I sincerely appreciate all the work that has gone in to making it so, as everyone else does...I cannot wait for the next trial, and I know Falcs would agree!!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Are alot of the dogs pissing off , doing there own thing ???

Been a few recalled by handlers or deemed out of control by judges. Nothing unusual.... Even the experienced handlers had dogs with bird contact out of sight. We all have work to do. How many days till opening??