Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Lab sort of problems

wow that turned to crap in a hurry......
    for what its worth Ive had working sheep dogs that killed chooks and were "reformed"
    another heading dog was also used on pigs and cattle....we were working sheep on the neighbours place and his dogs would nip constantly when the boss wasnt looking,my PUP took that as licence and got runaway sheep in as good of ear hold with body tucked in as you have ever seen,,tail wagging because he thought he was doing the right thing...no he wasnt shot but very sternly taught that wasnt the right thing to do,neighbour stuck shock collar on his nipping dog and caught it at right moment and fixed it too.
    never had worry of any of my dogs killing sheep.....and they would hold pigs and heal cattle mercelessly....fine around little people too.
    but this is waaaay off where OP is with his lab not even in same farm let alone paddock.

Sheep seem to be the problem.
    Boar Freak likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Sheep seem to be the problem.
    you leave the Aussies girlfriends alone.......

Quote Originally Posted by kawhia View Post
    Our kennels are based just outside of Hamilton, you are welcome to bring yourself and dog over for some advise/tuition.
    Thanks for your offer will be in touch via pm . I may not be clever but I do know that for every subject there’s folks who have been there done that . She’s improved heaps this past week. I think a couple of pointers and she ll progress because she’s clever.

Have known folks who’s first answer was shoot it. They were all complete Tossers as well.

Thanks again
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

I also think we were talking about the 1980's and earlier. I started life in southland and a dog was very much a tool. A shepherd did not have time and values were different. I would not shoot a dog but then as a teenager in the mid 1980's I three times caught the same dog attracting our goats/sheep, we lived inside the city limits so dog control collected it from me only to return it. Cost us 3-4 animals.
    I probably would have shot it if we were outside town on the third time. Not the dogs fault but!!
    Times and attitudes change.
    My Dad can kill stock with a knife, i could not. One hunting buddy would use a knife to finish a wounded animal off my other mate and i would use an extra bullet in the head.
    Zq
    Happy likes this.