Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree7305Likes

Thread: Photos of your dog

My English bulldog, not really good for hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    moonhunt, veitnamcam, ebf and 1 others like this.

ebf
    Ah man, look at that face

Mate of mine had one called Mike (Tyson), he used to ride on his Laverda, and slept in the front window of the tatoo parlour - real character.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

[QUOTE]Au natural. Been a bug eater since I was a young boy eating huhu's with my nana. Have eaten most common insects in New Zealand. Don't like wetas as they taste foul. [/QUOTE ]

urrrrrgh thats a step to far rushy amd your surprised wetas taste foul

Quote Originally Posted by Phill243 View Post
    has anyone got any tips on training vizslas she is my first deer dog any help would be much appreciated thanks ]
    First tip.... Be prepared to loose your hair from pulling it out!
    Second tip..... Start young and keep working at it!
    Third tip... GET PROFESIONAL HELP FOR TRAINING YOUR FIRST PUP!!!!! Pick one person who has good experience with them and stick to that one way of doing it! Dont take a little advice on how to do it from lots of different people and mix it up to what suits you.....trust me it dosent work... you will confuse yourself and the dog and get nowhere!!!
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

Thanks twoshotkill . Ive started pulling my hair out haha one day shes brilliant she will do everything right then the next day she just wont listen at all. Shes smart she learns fast but i think shes testing me. Do you know of anyone in the palmerston north area who trains deer dogs? Thanks.
    Phill

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks twoshotkill . Ive started pulling my hair out haha one day shes brilliant she will do everything right then the next day she just wont listen at all. Shes smart she learns fast but i think shes testing me. Do you know of anyone in the palmerston north area who trains deer dogs? Thanks.
    Phill

Yip that sounds like mine too. Sorry I cant help in that area. I was lucky enough to stumble on a good man that lived 10 mins up the road from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    Yip that sounds like mine too. Sorry I cant help in that area. I was lucky enough to stumble on a good man that lived 10 mins up the road from me.
    Good man? Hes ok

Curious, is it a first cross vizsla/heading dog? Looks to have thrown to the heading dog pretty tightly?

Name:  Fearns litter, born 17 Feb 2014 016.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  384.8 KB

Our feild bred Pointer litter whelped today 10 pups 5 dogs 5 bitches

Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post

My English bulldog, not really good for hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a dude!!
    moonhunt, ebf and teFerrarri like this.

Oh thats ok. Ill keep looking. I know a couple of people near but they also have first vizsla experiances too so they are in my position. How old is your vizsla twoshotkill

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Curious, is it a first cross vizsla/heading dog? Looks to have thrown to the heading dog pretty tightly?
    Yea this was a first cross. A guy who has two vizsla males in tokoroa they are named conrad and ruger i think ruger is conrads father and also the father of my pup clover. He accedently got into their heading dog . I didnt get to see any of the litter as clover was the last pup. She has heading dog sort of head and heading dog eyes but the ears of a vizsla thin floppy silky ears just smaller and shes stocky has the build of a vizsla and webbed feet. She winds a lot allways has her nose up in the air but she also eyes sheep very stronly and other dogs too. I hope i can make a good dog out of her.

He is two and a bit. I've only had him a year. Imade some big mistakes at the start and ended up having to train out my and the previous owners habits out of him. He has a looooong way to go still!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    He is two and a bit. I've only had him a year. Imade some big mistakes at the start and ended up having to train out my and the previous owners habits out of him. He has a looooong way to go still!
    Oh gutted thats gotta suck atleast hes still young and probably trainable at that age. I too will probably end up in those shoes

Phill

How close to Ohingaiti are you? I can put you onto someone near by who will help you. PM me your phone number if you want.