Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Firearm Registry Data Questions and Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    there are at least 7 people in NZ with same name as me..
    'Gasp'................There is more than one Micky Duck?
    Danny, 57jl, Finnwolf and 1 others like this.

Micky Duck was nickname given to be by my ugly blisters as a kid....its my initials...the Rotorua Hunting and Fishing bit should fill in the rest.....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    My question I posted elsewhere but didn't seem to get any interest on is around these "custom" serial numbers - If we are to make up our own serial numbers then what happens if 2 people choose the same number? Or if different manufacturers have unknowingly used the same serial number? I see 2 possible scenarios and they both have issues.

1 - If they force exclusive serial numbers then what happens if one manufacture has used the same serial number as another? Is one person going to have to modify their serial number to be able to comply, where does that then leave that person when it comes to a warranty claim where the manufacturer no longer accepts the rifles serial number because it has been tampered with?

2 - If they don't force exclusive serial numbers then what happens if one rifle is marked as "stolen or otherwise wanted by the police" but there are multiple rifles with that same serial number? I'm sure the system will end up with a way of tagging "wanted" serial numbers and gunsmiths or shops will be forced to confiscate anything they search that comes up as tagged which could lead to some pretty frustrated people that have done nothing wrong.
    well reading back through posts on this forum...more than one person suggested FTP#1 FTP#2 would be a common theme wonder if any actually followed through???
    dogmatix and Ben Waimata like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    I have a twin brother, we share the same DOB and have shared a few previous addresses. This has tied up many systems in knots and taken a lot of work to detangle over the years. Banks, Credit checks, Medical records, even F&G sent me my game bird license with his details printed on the card one year.
    Had a mate with an identical twin brother:

were putting on a capability display as Engineers, and had one brother appear out of a lake in front of the crowd in full surface supply divers dress. Walked up to the crowd, removed band mask and introduced himself, then said "just let me get out of this and into my uniform, toddles off into a nearby tent, wetsuit and other gear thrown out of the doorway by assistants, and 5 seconds later 'he' walks out in full uniform and begins to describe what a career in the RNZE would look like to the aspiring Cadets. Stunned looks all around

On a Somber note of much the same thing, I worked with a young guy in a mine years ago. He was sadly killed 25 years ago (anniversary only a couple of weeks ago) in that mine along with another guy.
    At his funeral his twin brother was running a bit late which apparently was nothing new.
    When he did arrive the bugger had shaved/cut his usually long hair pretty much the same as his deceased bro.
    Well fuck me I did a little groan-sigh as he entered the venue and I'm sure I heard much the same from many in the crowd.
    Bloody hell it was weird.
    RIP Roydon and Shottie.
    Anyway back to less sad stuff
    Micky Duck and shananah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    well reading back through posts on this forum...more than one person suggested FTP#1 FTP#2 would be a common theme wonder if any actually followed through???
    Mike Loder put that suggestion out there, one of his many inspired comments. Possibly it might backfire on anyone who actually went ahead with the idea.

I've got FAL renewal mid next year, I hope the register is on hold by then with a new Government.
    shananah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Mike Loder put that suggestion out there, one of his many inspired comments. Possibly it might backfire on anyone who actually went ahead with the idea.

I've got FAL renewal mid next year, I hope the register is on hold by then with a new Government.
    I think more to the point we will see if the thing is actually functionally off the ground and running by then! Regardless of anything political that's decided with it - it still has to physically get off the ground yet. While I would love to for the taxpayer funds to not be wasted and it to be a stunning success - history and previous attempts in this space would count the successes among the attempts as a fractional sized percentage not a passing grade.

Just had a ph call from the vettor re my renewal......asked her if I would be required to start registering my firearms as per the regs etc...She checked with an Inspector and her supervisor, came back to me and said that because I applied before the 24th, I dont have to start registering. ( And I have 5 yrs to do so)
    If I buy or sell any firearms or have a triggering event after the 24th then I will have to....
    Means I get to see the clusterfuck in operation and/or see what the next government decides to do.

I am happy......Broke but happy

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post

Mike put it into practice- after his death his firearms had individual file transfer protocol numbers.
    I'd like to verify your clam.

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Just had a ph call from the vettor re my renewal......asked her if I would be required to start registering my firearms as per the regs etc...She checked with an Inspector and her supervisor, came back to me and said that because I applied before the 24th, I dont have to start registering. ( And I have 5 yrs to do so)
    If I buy or sell any firearms or have a triggering event after the 24th then I will have to....
    Means I get to see the clusterfuck in operation and/or see what the next government decides to do.

I am happy......Broke but happy
    now when inspector comes to recheck your gunsafe and finds its not up to spec...triggered....me thinks.

Banned
    The guy that suggested FTP01 etc got the post deleted and then got banned for life , if I recall. Tread warily in that area , chaps .....
    Mintie and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by winchesterM69A View Post
    The guy that suggested FTP01 etc got the post deleted and then got banned for life , if I recall. Tread warily in that area , chaps .....
    Yeah I remember a incident like that too. You don't know him by any chance?
    Overkill is still dead.

I made a post like that , that got deleted but im still here…. Guess its cause i didnt bitch and moan about it…
    My present problem is how long can i hold out before i trigger an “event”.
    Not spending money on new guns for five years is going to be tough boys but im gna do it!

Ps: pertaining to @Mintie post earlier…
    You cant be a twin if you are a clone mintie…
    Escape the matrix

I was told yesterday by a trusted Firearms Dealer that 'providing a firearm to' or 'receiving a firearm from' another person is a full Firearms Registering Event under the new law.

That is, NOT just 'selling' or 'buying' a Firearm. A formal sale is NOT required to trigger the full Registration requirement, just a transfer of possession of the Firearm.

FYI all.

Quote Originally Posted by Copelli View Post
    I was told yesterday by a trusted Firearms Dealer that 'providing a firearm to' or 'receiving a firearm from' another person is a full Firearms Registering Event under the new law.

That is, NOT just 'selling' or 'buying' a Firearm. A formal sale is NOT required to trigger the full Registration requirement, just a transfer of possession of the Firearm.

FYI all.
    some retailers need to be ..reeducated..... rumours n half truths do no one any good. its clearly written "less than 30 days" and you dont need to do anything...havent seen it written that entales registration.... thats just dumb,I dont need to register my car if borrow the brother in laws one.
    Cowboy likes this.