Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gun City Mental Prices

Gun City Mental Prices

I was just looking at some high mag Leupold's on Gun City thinking "some day" when I decided to look through the specials and new listings page.

These guys have always been expensive, but they have to be having a laugh... A lot of rifles are one or two hundred bucks more than the competitors.

My CZ's I paid $200 less for one and $300 less for the other.
    My Savage I paid $400 less than they are advertising.
    My SPS was $200 of dollars less.
    My Ruger was about the same.

I also noted their tactical AK has gone from $1800 up to $2500.

A while ago I went in there looking at a Henry lever action 22. They were asking $300 more than they had on their own website, which was still more expensive than their competitors.

With these prices you could buy two of each for the price of one in the US. I know we get ripped in NZ and there's not much we can do, but damn...

Why even bother looking? You will never get a good deal from them. If you think you are then look harder elsewhere.

Where is the best place to buy a new gun ?

Yet they are still in business........................ cant figure how. I support my local shop and usually get a discount on consumables etc but if they were this far off the mark they wouldn't last long.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ask at the local shops if they can get close to some of the mail order prices and try to buy what you can there. Sometimes the big mail order crowds do bulk purchases to do really cheap deals that your local just cant get near tho.

A good relationship with your local shop will pay off with good advice on gear and spots along with back up service if there's any issues with your new gear.
    falconhell likes this.

GC put their prices high for two reasons. One is there are too many clowns out there who simply pay the advertised price. Second is there are people out there who think if they talk the salesman into taking $200 off they're onto a winner(never mind the fact that they still payed $100 more than Shooters World). Bottom line is too many idiots don't shop around which is why GC is still around.

the fact that your calling them GC worries me in the sense of it needs correcting, remember its GUNSHITTY
    jim160 and Dougie like this.

oh also one reason i NEVER buy from them, simply put:in recent years they've been known for swapping parts out of new firearms for chinese parts and selling them off as the real chibang. notably AR's which they charge a arm and 2 fu!@in legs for already and in some shotguns(unsure of brands affected). They parts build rifles and sell them off as new so its a hit and miss as to what "quality" your getting with a Gunshitty branded gun. My advice, New Zealand Travel ~ New Zealand Tourism ~ NZ Information ... His advice has NEVER once let me down in 9 years,talks the real deal and will give you a honest opinion as a oppossed to a "ill try sell you this if you don't like that"...

we as the consumer control the market,remember that so for starters pick any other(not GS) gunshop thats local and remember to keep him in buisness... Believe me there sure are some nice perks and it kind of turns into a nice place to have a gander with your local and catch up with others from within the fraternity....

5.56 inside

oh also one reason i NEVER buy from them, simply put:in recent years they've been known for swapping parts out of new firearms for chinese parts and selling them off as the real chibang. notably AR's which they charge a arm and 2 fu!@in legs for already and in some shotguns(unsure of brands affected). They parts build rifles and sell them off as new so its a hit and miss as to what "quality" your getting with a Gunshitty branded gun. My advice, New Zealand Travel ~ New Zealand Tourism ~ NZ Information ... His advice has NEVER once let me down in 9 years,talks the real deal and will give you a honest opinion as a oppossed to a "ill try sell you this if you don't like that"...

we as the consumer control the market,remember that so for starters pick any other(not GS) gunshop thats local and remember to keep him in buisness... Believe me there sure are some nice perks and it kind of turns into a nice place to have a gander with your local and catch up with others from within the fraternity....

5.56 inside

I managed to get a couple of good deals out of GC when they bought out the remaining stock of one wholesaler when the franchise for one make went to another wholesaler. I always shop around and tend to find a good deal or two. Generally use other shops as better prices and I prefer to support the smaller guys, they are usually willing to negotiate a bit better.

Saw a 40 rd AR mag there for a "discounted" $399!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

They sell shit loads of guns etc on impulse Id say there busiest days are Saturday and Sunday . That's when the places you should be buying from are closed . I never shop unless I've been caught short and need it then and there . I just hate to here the dribble being fed to shoppers over the counter . Last time was in there a young guy was being sold a shot gun pump action , not on fit or feel ! the pitch to him was it was the fastest cycling gun you could shoot, even faster than a semi . The kid only wanted to shoot ducks . The salesman never even came to the other side of the counter to see if the gun fitted as the kid had no idear. So he ended with a heap of shit short barreled pump gun, what wankers !

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
    Saw a 40 rd AR mag there for a "discounted" $399!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!
    I saw a 15 round 10/22 mag there for $130~

Plastic feed lips and everything. Absolute shit. I talked the guy in front of me out of buying one because you can get 3 legit Ruger 10 shot mags for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    A good relationship with your local shop will pay off with good advice on gear and spots along with back up service if there's any issues with your new gear.
    Yeah that's right. The guys at Serious Shooters always look after me as I'm a regular there. I've even been shooting with one of the guys there.

No matter what the gun stores will tell you they're making next to nothing on things, but they're full of crap (always remember that... they make a shitload).

You can get about 8 from Brownells for that price, they're all of 15 bucks each