Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Is this really the state of component shortages?

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Buying to sell on at inflated prices: just a cunt
    Such a romantic view..... reality check: that is how the world has worked since anything became a trade commodity. Now if the reference was specific to this little community called "NZHS" as in bought on here and resold on here, then ok, but if I find something cheap on Tm for example, and jump on here and manage to flog it for a profit, the buyer clearly wanted it, and I have facilitated his finding that item without effort on his part, therefore, I am NOT a "cunt", I am HELPFULL......

Might have to rethink the 2209 range powders I'm holding that I was thinking about selling. Might get called names, and I'm a sensitive wee flower.....

That is a fucking rip off.....Unfortunately if you didn't future proof your supplies you are at the mercy of the gougers out there
    Wow, prices are getting around $20 per Hundred in the Eastern states.

I stuffed that up, I was trying to quote Nor West , he's getting them about half what we pay if we can get them

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Such a romantic view..... reality check: that is how the world has worked since anything became a trade commodity. Now if the reference was specific to this little community called "NZHS" as in bought on here and resold on here, then ok, but if I find something cheap on Tm for example, and jump on here and manage to flog it for a profit, the buyer clearly wanted it, and I have facilitated his finding that item without effort on his part, therefore, I am NOT a "cunt", I am HELPFULL......

Might have to rethink the 2209 range powders I'm holding that I was thinking about selling. Might get called names, and I'm a sensitive wee flower.....
    Not the same, what I am talking about is people who go and buy up stock ftom shops at retail price with zero intent to use it just to sell it off once retail supplies have been exhausted.
    All this does is compund the supply chain issues as people who genuinely want to buy miss out because "cunts" have gone an bought up all the retail stock and then on sell it at horrendous markups, I have seen powder and projectiles being flogged off at 200% mark up and if that doesn't piss you off well then I guess we just have different moral ethics.
    I have also seen the other side where people who re not as up to speed with the current shortages who get ripped off or simply have to go without because of the same behavior.
    Also I suspect you bought your "2209 range powders" with every intent to use it so not in the same demographic as mentioned above, I'm also sure your not likely to sell it on at 200% mark up....if you do sensitive flower or not you are a cunt
    Hell if you pick up something for a bargain and can turn a profit by onselling it at a "REASONABLE" price I have no issue with that and it doesn't make you a cunt.
    #DANNYCENT

a reasonably helpful cunt........ yip I could live with that LOL.

cunts are useful.....

if we cannot help each other out...and look out for each other...check in on each other and lend support when a brother is down in the dumps....well the world is a really shitty place.
    lots of folks on here have gone out of thier way to help me out with one thing or another...and I try to return that . the pay it forward thing is just plain good manners/morals..... just the way we should be.
    on selling something you were given for free or at "mates rates" is a shitty thing to do UNLESS you give half share of profit to whoever did right by you....well it is in my books anyway,and I can tell you for nought,it feels pretty bloody good to do so.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    a reasonably helpful cunt........ yip I could live with that LOL.

cunts are useful.....

if we cannot help each other out...and look out for each other...check in on each other and lend support when a brother is down in the dumps....well the world is a really shitty place.
    lots of folks on here have gone out of thier way to help me out with one thing or another...and I try to return that . the pay it forward thing is just plain good manners/morals..... just the way we should be.
    on selling something you were given for free or at "mates rates" is a shitty thing to do UNLESS you give half share of profit to whoever did right by you....well it is in my books anyway,and I can tell you for nought,it feels pretty bloody good to do so.
    Couldn't agree more @Micky Duck I also think some people will argue just for the sake of it so I won't be biting again
    257weatherby and Sidetrack like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Well good news is Steves Wholesale is expecting another shipment to land next week with only 90% presold...bad news is to expect price increases due to low NZ dollar and increases of US pricing on some brands ie Nosler and Alliant powder.

Quote Originally Posted by NZShoota View Post
    Well good news is Steves Wholesale is expecting another shipment to land next week with only 90% presold...bad news is to expect price increases due to low NZ dollar and increases of US pricing on some brands ie Nosler and Alliant powder.
    Nosler and Alliant already more expensive than every one else.
    I try and stick to hornady and adi as seem to be more stabilty in at least prices and probably only as bad as anything else to get your hands on.
    I just buy the 2000 pks!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Buying to sell on at inflated prices: just a cunt
    Actually I thought it was " just a capitalist" - as in banks, fuel retailers, dentists selling infill and root canals, surgeons getting one salary at the public trough then tripling that in private practice, at the same time, cynical Supermarkets making $1m a day profit, certain churches/cults taxing the poor, power companies water companies, council rates, building suppliers, yada yada yada. Just another day in God's zone really. Not sure what all the whinging is about ( ducking, diving, leaping for a hole in the ground)

But seriously, it stinks, its life, be as helpful and generous as we can...
    257weatherby, Tedz50 and outlander like this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Gone but not forgotten
    The building suppliers are cutting their own throats - I saw an article yesterday saying new build enquiries were down 80%, and to expect a lot of unemployed builders in the near future.
    Jhon and outlander like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Nosler and Alliant already more expensive than every one else.
    I try and stick to hornady and adi as seem to be more stabilty in at least prices and probably only as bad as anything else to get your hands on.
    I just buy the 2000 pks!

So is Nightforce !

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    The building suppliers are cutting their own throats - I saw an article yesterday saying new build enquiries were down 80%, and to expect a lot of unemployed builders in the near future.
    Building has always been cyclic though. We have been in a frenzied patch for a good number of years.
    I think shooting components have stabilized lately, but still the stupid inflated stuff on TM. And still there's semi bargains to be had too.
    I picked up small primer brass for less than what the retailers want.

I reckon people are shooting far less now. For myself there is less pissing about with different loads, get a good one doing 1/2-3/4 inch then load up 20 and off you go hunting. 20 deer on public land will still take a few weekends to achieve. Maybe a good weekend you get 5 or 6?

I know I don’t shoot anywhere near as much as I used to.
    buzzman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    They'll all bugger off to Aussie for $75/hr and free accommodation
    dannyb likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    So is Nightforce !
    You say that, but last year they actually dropped the price.
    I was horrified the other day that a leupy vx6 3x18 was a similar price to the 2.5x20 Nf.
    I know what I would drop my cash on that's for sure!

BRADS likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    You say that, but last year they actually dropped the price.
    I was horrified the other day that a leupy vx6 3x18 was a similar price to the 2.5x20 Nf.
    I know what I would drop my cash on that's for sure!

I think the Leupolds are overpriced too, but really I cant argue that NF are very very good, esp turrets. (Not that I can let a chance for a little dig at an unashamedly one eyed NF man go past).
    For the money, the Deltas are possibly the best value - same or better glass ( same factory) as NF. That there are so many new companies coming out with scopes suggests the margins are very good in that market