Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Bloody Poachers!

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Now, now, not so fast you cant just slither away I have got my foot on your tail....You havnt answered my questions yet.

How come these pigs that DOC/AHB release dont, spread TB, Damage the environment, eat ground nesting birds, and root the place up.
    Im guessing its probably the same reason that makes it ok for them to decimate the Kea population to "save" our indigenous flora and fauna
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Yeah but not where this happened mate. We have an idea of who it was, and the cop is checking them out before they pull the can off matt black out on their bullbars!
    What a bunch of CUNTS its probably a good thing the old fella ain't up for swinging fists at the mo or it may of been dealt with already.
    Seriously they are some serious arseholes to do that when they could of opened them quicker probably and not put stock at risk.
    Hope the cops get them.

Might be time for some serious boundary gates JoshC? Big forestry type ones? Stop the ram raids at least

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Might be time for some serious boundary gates JoshC? Big forestry type ones? Stop the ram raids at least
    A bank of claymores with laser trip and fixed interlocking arc GPMGS would be more fun.

I would not have believed people could be such selfish assholes unless I seen similar violations myself. I seriously hope they get caught and shamed publicly, I would like too see them confiscate their firearms licence as well, if they have one.

Tried that in the past...mainly when logging opeerations were going on. Just made things worse. If people want to get in they will. Seen tracks cut round gates, we're talking spade work, chainsaws, the works, we've caught people with generators and grinders/welders cutting their way in, had gates ripped out completely and towed a few hundred metres down the road and thrown in gullies, padlocks tampered with (inside metal boxes) superglued, match sticks rammed into the key slot, you name it we've probably seen it.

Stupid thing is, the worst offenders would've been granted access to hunt, fish, collect firewood etc if they'd only asked!...they just don't like having restrcitions put on them, especially in an area where they have grown up raping and pillaging the land till their hearts content. Now most of them have trespass notices, criminal convictions, etc. Thick as pig sh*t some of them. Haha

Now we just monitor with cameras, happily snapping photos of vehicles snooping around, and have pretty good neighbours who monitor suspicious behaviour and pass any info to the local policeman. He has a nice wee folder of "evidence" sitting and waiting for a rainy day. None of them realise there's always someone watching.

R93, haha, I won't respond to that

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    A bank of claymores with laser trip and fixed interlocking arc GPMGS would be more fun.
    Some jumping jack land mines and a few punji pits where they might take a piss would also be worth investing in. I am assuming the heavy duty barrel on the gimpies?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Some jumping jack land mines and a few punji pits where they might take a piss would also be worth investing in. I am assuming the heavy duty barrel on the gimpies?
    The tit for tat game ends up costly for both sides in the end.

An eye for an eye soon means both sides are blind.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Na just the standard SF barrel will get thru a box of link

All jokes aside, I have heard of puddles on a vehicle track dug out that look innocent but will trap a vehicle until Mr Plod arrives. Might only work on the coast where there is a chance of them staying full.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    All jokes aside, I have heard of puddles on a vehicle track dug out that look innocent but will trap a vehicle until Mr Plod arrives. Might only work on the coast where there is a chance of them staying full.
    a couple of trips ago we went down a track with a large puddle in it... we went around, was dry the whole time we were in there and on the way out the puddle was empty.....could have berried a small jap car complettely.... At the bottom was a smaller hole to an underground stream...I learnt a long while agao to try and avoid them if you can after my father lost a bike to seat hight in one as he didn't want to go to close to the edge.
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good