Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Hunter shot in Kaimai Range near Te Aroha

Can anyone translate into English the last one....."It shall be no defence to the crime of manslaughter that the guilty act or omission proved against the person charged is an act or omission constituting an offence against this section."

Does this mean that if you are charged with manslaughter, that the punishments outlined above are not applicable?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Can anyone translate into English the last one....."It shall be no defence to the crime of manslaughter that the guilty act or omission proved against the person charged is an act or omission constituting an offence against this section."

Does this mean that if you are charged with manslaughter, that the punishments outlined above are not applicable?
    Dunno! I thought I understood English until I read that.
    Pengy likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Where did thank quote come from "opening weekend of the roar"? Really wish they would do just a little home work before sending this rubbish to print.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I think its
    "It is no defence to the crime of manslaughter if the actions leading to the incident and proved against the person are the same as those listed in this section of the act."
    Which appears to make no sense at all.

It means if you get done for "careless use of a firearm, airgun, pistol, or restricted weapon", you don't get out of getting done for manslaughter, if the careless use caused a death. You can be charged twice, under two separate offences, for a single event.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    timattalon and A330driver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    It means if you get done for "careless use of a firearm, airgun, pistol, or restricted weapon", you don't get out of getting done for manslaughter, if the careless use caused a death. You can be charged twice, under two separate offences, for a single event.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Thank you. That makes sense. Why cant they write this shit so people can understand it ???????
    Pengy likes this.

Thank you. That makes sense. Why cant they write this shit so people can understand it ???????
    So odd sausages like @Sidney can
    Tommy likes this.

like the man said, charged with two one being an alternative, but usually convicted of one as determined by the court.... same with murder/manslaughter as the default catch all...

"& these guys had a private hut to stay in & around 5000 hectares of private property to hunt yet the halfwits are creeping around our camp "

Fuktards for sure & dangerous ones at that. Rifle pointed at you ??!! wtf.
    I'm guessing from your description you might have been in the Whitestone?

Remember the "school-teacher-death" ? that guy had just fallen asleep in his tent, when his mates woke him,telling him there were deer on the track. A few minutes later, they spot-lighted the school-teacher,and given in evidence, that someone said: "there's one ", and we all know the outcome. But, the person who pushed the most, for manslaughter and prison,through the Media, was the same guy who later shot a young fella by accident,down Wellington-way. That boy was wearing bright orange. He got home-Detention, from memory, and tried to pervert the course of justice by lying and denying he'd been there.He recently tried getting his licence back ! But the point is ; He said ALL the same stuff originally, that many are saying here, to sway those in power: It wasnt an accident, he didnt bother to identify target, I've been hunting for blah-years,member of nzda, I would know etc. etc And it worked; the young guy got 4 yrs..Then,common-sense-guy,does the same,in broad-daylight a few yrs later. We can get it wrong,He got it wrong, and he was the guy shouting the most,that there was NO excuse..just a thought...

Banned
    I think it makes a difference whether you are shooting in areas where shooting is permitted.

I believe it could happen to anyone,given the cases I have read here and overseas. A good example is ex-branch-President of NZDA, . Like Ryan above, he screamed for blood when the school-teacher was tragically-shot by a spot-lighter in Turangi. His calls for manslaughter, led to a gaol-sentence...fast-forward a couple of years later, where he himself, in broad-daylight, shot a guy through the head. The young guy was wearing a hi-vis beany. I wonder how many of the shooters are colour-blind, as no coroners reports, appear to address or mention this. As another member said, its tragic, but we do have to get a greater understanding about it, because its obviously not going away..
    A330driver likes this.

colour blind has nothing to do with defining the difference between human and deer and yes I am colour blind but still know what a deer looks like.

Remember that NZDA-branch-President, who screamed for blood when a woman was tragically shot, while cleaning her teeth.? Turangi campsite ? A year or two later. he shot a 29yr old through the head, and fled the scene...It can POTENTIALLY happen !...and all your comments are pretty-much the same as his, at the time . We DO need to understand it more..Dave

Bus driver
    Well mate,I’m not sure that’s the case,I tend to agree with rewa here,.......do you have any evidence or data etc that would disprove that......you being colour blind doesn’t nessacerily prove anything......across the board it may be a huge issue

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    colour blind has nothing to do with defining the difference between human and deer and yes I am colour blind but still know what a deer looks like.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary