Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree539Likes

Thread: Hunter shot in Kaimai Range near Te Aroha

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Bit of a difference between having a genuine accident in a vehicle and poking a bullet into someone.
    Why do you consider them different?

The best way to not shoot anyone is to be like me, and never go hunting or shoot anything. Hard to shoot people by accident posting on the internet from home!
    Kudu, GravelBen, Reindeer and 2 others like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Scenario for one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    The best way to not shoot anyone is to be like me, and never go hunting or shoot anything. Hard to shoot people by accident posting on the internet from home!
    You even let old slow bastards sneak up on you in a supermarket

Of course it depends on the scenario, but why is a "genuine accident" ok with a motor vehicle (kills a lot more people than firearms in NZ) but the same doesn't apply to a firearm? Either way there's been a cockup and you've potentially killed someone through negligence (depending on the scenario)
    Nathan F, Pointer, 223nut and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    You even let old slow bastards sneak up on you in a supermarket

enjoy your milk
    Beaker likes this.

R93
    enjoy your milk
    It was sealed. I just checked

There is an absolutely failsafe process that will ensure that you never shoot a person in the bush which involves the simple procedure of identifying your target. Do that one thing, properly, and it will never happen.
    Yes the blokes who have shot people swear black and blue they saw a deer, of course they do, what do you expect them to say... "I saw something move and I thought that there was some kind of possibility it was a deer so I shot it" of course not, they admit that and it becomes the moment they can't live with themselves.
    A vehicle accident can happen for any number of reasons, sometimes because the driver was drunk, driving at excessive speed etc in which case they belong in the same basket as the shooters.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Can you show me where I said I am perfect please? I said I'm not going to shoot anyone, nothing about being perfect? Bit of a difference between having a genuine accident in a vehicle and poking a bullet into someone.
    Saying you are 110% sure you will never make a target identification mistake is where you said that. 100% is typically regarded as perfect, 110% is slightly better than perfect...

Also can't see the difference between having a genuine accident in a vehicle and a genuine accident with a firearm

Accident is the key terminology

There is an absolutely failsafe process that will ensure that you never shoot a person in the bush which involves the simple procedure of identifying your target. Do that one thing, properly, and it will never happen.
    Yes the blokes who have shot people swear black and blue they saw a deer, of course they do, what do you expect them to say... "I saw something move and I thought that there was some kind of possibility it was a deer so I shot it" of course not, they admit that and it becomes the moment they can't live with themselves.
    A vehicle accident can happen for any number of reasons, sometimes because the driver was drunk, driving at excessive speed etc in which case they belong in the same basket as the shooters.
    Or the fact you swore you looked left and right then pulled out in front of a truck

Or you swore you stopped at the stop sign and then got t-boned

Or you swore you were driving to the conditions but then slid out on a bend

It's all a decision,

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post

Just remember it's a high chance the person or people involved are part of this community...
    That would not surprise me in the slightest with the crazy mindset of all you blokes bsically admitting you don't trust yourselves or your procedures
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

That would not surprise me in the slightest with the crazy mindset of all you blokes bsically admitting you don't trust yourselves or your procedures
    It's not about trusting yourselves and procedures, I'm more than comfortable with my procedures and ability to identify a target animal

I'm just not brash enough to say I'm never going to make a mistake, maybe if I was a keyboard hunter I could say that

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    It's not about trusting yourselves and procedures, I'm more than comfortable with my procedures and ability to identify a target animal

I'm just not brash enough to say I'm never going to make a mistake, maybe if I was a keyboard hunter I could say that
    So possibility you will shoot someone one day, yes/no?
    10! has 270 divisors

@stretch get of the grass mate all you have done is explained the thought processes of a sociopath that thinks they are to clever to follow any kind of proper procedure and wrapped it up in a big old wet blanket of an excuse called "human nature"
    I sure as fuck don't go through any stupid "heat of the moment" thought process that would result in me shooting another human being and if you really believe the dribble you have said then maybe you need to go hand in your licence.
    @Ryan-Songhurst

This is an interesting comment. Because actually sociopaths are given less to fear and often have better self-control than normal people when the heat is on. They are thus less likely to shoot you - at least not by mistake, but therein lies their problem....
    outlander likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

So possibility you will shoot someone one day, yes/no?
    Nothing is impossible so they say.

I honestly cannot say it would never happen, I could slip and trip cause an accidental discharge and shoot myself for all I know.

Accidents happen and that's the fact, careless acts happen, people die. You cannot deny facts.

I will leave it there as you have closed your mind off to others opinions
    matto1234 likes this.