Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Hunting or fishing under level 4

Put it to rest or put it to the test. Broadcast here loudly and to all the media/social media/police/DOC/Jacinta etc that you are going hunting over several nights on such a date and time during lockdown at a place well away from home that requires many hours travel and go hunting. Once done, post here how it went, then we all will know.

Few pigs and deer getting about at the moment on farm. Do I have the time or energy for "pest control" ?? Nope ��
    berg243 and Jusepy like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Bop Regional Council has a big black/ grey NO FISHING in LEVEL 4 done!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Bop Regional Council has a big black/ grey NO FISHING in LEVEL 4 done!
    What, no gill netters over Western Bays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Yeah, although I don't actually think the so called loop holes exist. Or at least they don't until they are tested, and who would want to do that (rhetoric question - some drop-kick would)?
    Im just suggesting that we use our common sense. Hell, Ive got very limited hunting life left and this L4 is doing my head in - but here I am sitting at home 'cos I think its the best thing to do for myself and others.
    and this is why I chucked toys when Alan and Sue decided to back the fella caught last time.........he went out,flicking the bird at everyone staying home....

From what ive read , pest control is allowed at level 4 .
    Which is exactly what ive been doing , but not many pests out the mo...(rabbits)
    Maca49 likes this.
    Patience Is A Virtue

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    What, no gill netters over Western Bays.
    Not even Grey baiting
    tetawa likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Personally I can't see any problem with it as long as you're sensible about things. Last lockdown I was in Queenstown about 2 minutes walk from the lake, went fishing a couple of times and even the cops that walked past didn't have any problem. Driving anywhere or being out for more than a couple of hours would be frowned upon I think.
    Allizdog likes this.

Can't wait to see the hunting stories on here and on Youtube about how well they got on with their trip into the hills over the level 4 period - DOC land?
    Seemed to be a bit of a gap last April about those that went hunting during level 4? If you though it was legal, don't be so shy to test the rules and make it public on the forum.
    At the end of the day, your not doing the recreational hunter much good nor renewal for your firearms license?
    Lesson- maybe shouldn't have voted Labour??

yes mate had acusation of hunting during last lockdown thrown at him as reason for not fit n proper...luckily he had time and date on his phone to proove it wasnt during but was the day BEFORE lockdown.
    veitnamcam and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.22-250 View Post
    Personally I can't see any problem with it as long as you're sensible about things. Last lockdown I was in Queenstown about 2 minutes walk from the lake, went fishing a couple of times and even the cops that walked past didn't have any problem. Driving anywhere or being out for more than a couple of hours would be frowned upon I think.
    Agree. Problem is some people don't know where to draw the line and think a full blown fishing or hunting mission is ok too.
    Last edited by Allizdog; 25-08-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    Moa Hunter and Hunteast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunteast View Post
    Can't wait to see the hunting stories on here and on Youtube about how well they got on with their trip into the hills over the level 4 period - DOC land?
    Seemed to be a bit of a gap last April about those that went hunting during level 4? If you though it was legal, don't be so shy to test the rules and make it public on the forum.
    At the end of the day, your not doing the recreational hunter much good nor renewal for your firearms license?
    Lesson- maybe shouldn't have voted Labour??
    I doubt any likely NZ Government would have done it differently.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    dont you have a heap of baleage wrap to pick up instead of looking at the wildlife.
    Nah, he burns it on the spot
    berg243 likes this.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    As the law stands, anybody is allowed to gather food as a customary right. It is not a right granted depending on race.
    From https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels...alert-level-4/

WTF?

i think if you are delivering some labour party propaganda pamphlets on the way then it might be ok? ,,,,