Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Hunting or fishing under level 4

The "person of interest" has responded to comments about hunting during the lock down........

"im on mi land i can do wat i want check mi next vid spin n tresspasers around"

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    The "person of interest" has responded to comments about hunting during the lock down........

"im on mi land i can do wat i want check mi next vid spin n tresspasers around"
    Saw that you featured.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Saw that you featured.
    "Featured?"..... I feel that "contributed to clarify the legality" would be more accurate; just as I have done here in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    "Featured?"..... I feel that "contributed to clarify the legality" would be more accurate; just as I have done here in the past.

pfffttt...

The guy deserved a chip. I did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    So that’s 5 million New Zealanders then... good luck explaining that to the cops
    Yeah its gunno go like this
    "WHY ARENT YOU AT HOME!"
    "Sir i'm exercising my right to get to-"
    Blink blink
    "WHY ARENT YOU AT HOME!!" (begins to try to escalate the situation)

They're kinda simpletons so all this planing of what you'll say is for naught i'm afraid. Its what 'He thinks' in practice. Right or wrong that how its going to play out

or you could just pull out the PS4, ride your bike and go for a jog. Wait till this bullshit is over
    Tahr likes this.

"Mi Land Mi Way"

veitnamcam likes this.

At last someone that can actually read the legislation

"However, Senior Sergeant Kyle Davie, who is in charge of monitoring lockdown in Taranaki, said the legislation allowed it and therefore officers were letting whitebaiters and surf casters carry on, if they were in their neighbourhood. .. He said police originally thought the activity was “black and white” a big “no" to start with, but officers had since received word from the commissioner that gave them instruction. .. “There was confusion for us as well. The Covid-19 website says one thing, but the legislation says another thing. ..“We’re just being practical because of the ambiguity behind it.”

The understanding now is whitebaiting in itself is allowed, the issue is people travelling to do it, Davie said.

“If you’re in your neighbourhood then yep, if you're travelling to it then no.”

However, those who are allowed to whitebait and fish must stick to their bubbles, abide to social distancing requirements, be fishing for personal use, not sale, and not do anything that could put them in any risk of injury and need help from emergency services.""

Just get into it, go local, go by yourself, day trip only,no vehicles for the hunt,dont put yourself in a bad spot.enjoy.
    Phil_H, Ronin007 and trapperjohn like this.

Have just popped on and skim read the last 8 pages on this topic. None of us should be surprised that gaps have been missed by legislators and then found by those looking for them. That is human nature on both counts. To be frank I haven't even bothered looking at the fine detail about what I cant do hunting and fishing wise this time, because I already know deep down what the right thing to do is. So here is what I do know for me:

1. The delta variant is very different to last year and unless I/ we do my/ our bit now we will end up like Aussy. Like it or not the simple truth is that the cost of it running rampant in our community still vastly exceeds the cost of beating it now. And my heart goes out to all of us hurting financially and in many other ways right now. Hang in there. Our health system simply cant cope with a large scale outbreak and many people will suffer/ die if it does.
    2. I love my hunting but my family is my priority. Making sure they are OK and spending/ enjoying time with them now is way more important than a hunt or two missed over a couple or three weeks (or whatever). So saying that I cant wait to get out for a hunt hopefully soon when we can.
    3. There will always be people flogging the rules in so many ways. I have decided that I should stop worrying about what others are getting away with and simply do what I have decided for me is the right thing. My parents are aging and really vulnerable and I know how I would feel if this goes rampant and they get sick and cant get care because the system is overwhelmed. I am doing what I am doing for my parents and all those people dear to others who also wouldn't survive it.
    4. I put meat from previous hunts aside in the freezer as a safeguard. I feel deeply for those people who genuinely haven't got enough food and no way to get more, for whatever reason.

Kia kaha team and see you in the hills when this is over.
    Tahr, gilly, Danny and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Check this out if you are not sure:
    https://www.covid19outdoors.nz/
    Utter BS, so you can go to a beach and walk over the rock pools but not throw a line in...

Sick of being treated like a 3 yo
    Ronin007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Utter BS, so you can go to a beach and walk over the rock pools but not throw a line in...

Sick of being treated like a 3 yo
    Yea so technically I could take my rod to the beach and cast parallel to the water and practice. As soon as I turn 90 degrees and throw the line into the water in breaking the rules. I can't even partake in fly fishing the most dangerous sport ever and regarded as the past time of old farts, yet I can go ride my mountain bike on tracks and do whatever
    300CALMAN, Micky Duck and Ronin007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Remmodel7 View Post
    Yea so technically I could take my rod to the beach and cast parallel to the water and practice. As soon as I turn 90 degrees and throw the line into the water in breaking the rules. I can't even partake in fly fishing the most dangerous sport ever and regarded as the past time of old farts, yet I can go ride my mountain bike on tracks and do whatever
    Yep I don't think anyone would consider the rules to be absolutely watertight or 100% logical. Hopefully nearly done south of Auckland ay. Fingers crossed and sympathy to all north of the Bombays.

MB
    All sorted now. Was the previous attempt a cockup, or testing the waters with race-based laws?

https://covid19.govt.nz/activities/s...-alert-level-4
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    All sorted now. Was the previous attempt a cockup, or testing the waters with race-based laws?

https://covid19.govt.nz/activities/s...-alert-level-4
    Really ? NOT AT ALL SORTED..Level 4 at your link states;"............ For example, do not go swimming, surfing, boating, hunting or tramping.."

BUT makes no mention of exemption for Maori because they know that it would cause them grief to mention it, so they remain silent.. HOWEVER ACT have noted the exemptions for "Customary rights for fishing and food gathering" for Maori as supported by the Potty Police minister........

follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yp86de7
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 29-08-2021 at 12:11 AM.