Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Hunting in NZ, is it too easy?

And the nz government only gives lip service to nzers and does whatever the fuck it wants! Foreign tourists and hunters bring money, that's all that the pussys in their plush offices see. So yes, some of us nzers do get a bit annoyed when we cannot get a ballot because of foreigners
    Ya can't park there mate.

You think like that when ya go to the big West Island and further afield....do ya Gimp...do ya then....lmao...!

Never been out of nz and have no intention of it.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Bit of both but what does it matter.
    Just wondering if you have told the guides you fly in, what your feelings are on what they are doing, as a guide they are putting the hunters on to there quarry, and telling them how much weight they can fly out.

Hunting in NZ, is it too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Well that is one issue yes, another is kiwis missing out on hunting our animals in the rut.
    Now I am thoroughly confused. I thought the ballot block was for a particular region whilst the remainder of the fee ranges in NZ are open for hunt but you give the impression that if a Kiwi does not get a ballot then they can't hunt anywhere on the island during the roar. Is that really the case?

Learn to laugh at yourself and never be left unamused.
    If you learn to laugh at yourself, you will never be left unamused.

A lot of doc controlled hunting grounds all round nz are closed to public for the ballot period. Ballot permit winners/holders should be the only hunters in any given ballot block.
    There is always open permit areas that anyone can hunt throughout the year and roar period, only issue is, we get all sorts of gimps running around firing at movement,colour etc when they should be at home doing the dishes.

R93
    Ballots blocks in westland can still be hunted by anybody that walks in regardless of who has the block. Its just that most blocks are really only accessible by machine.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I think the topic is too far off tangent with ballot blocks being a separate yet important discussion issue. The blocks in question really are only for Tahr rut hunting where the question should be addressed regarding non NZ residents and how we should manage them on our public lands.
    FFS we cannot even manage our game animals.
    Blaser and Pengy like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Ballots blocks in westland can still be hunted by anybody that walks in regardless of who has the block. Its just that most blocks are really only accessible by machine.
    I wasn't aware of that mate, I stand corrected.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    I wasn't aware of that mate, I stand corrected.
    Neither was I until recently.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Neither was I until recently.
    It sort of takes away the whole point of goin thru the ballot process if anyone can still hunt it with no permit, and there's the moral question on it too ay

Two points I would make;

1)

I would rather like to see something statistical regarding the alleged monopolization of a ballet system I personally know nothing about by internationals, the comments indicated on this thread also indicate many local's to NZ are unaware. I'm unsure if locals are unaware how internationals are going to make better use?

2)

My gut would indicate 90% of the international hunters visiting New Zealand to hunt are doing so on a safari style with large budget and contribute greatly to hunting scene and economically. NZ hunting culture and the do it yourself attitude, the attitude required to head out into the hills on public land and the gear, knowledge and most importantly time are not something most people are going to have on a 2-4 week "standard" holiday. That most working class people can take.

The largest competition to wild game on public land (doc) would be from student or backpacking internationals whom have the time 1-3+ months and the connections with locals to help either get them started and/or take them out to have a go, personally I encourage this.
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

Hiya Gibo. My great grandparents and I were born here. You might be a tourist - but I an NOT. If you're a tourist, wotdafuk are you doing hunting in MY country????

Wtf
    Pointer and Spudattack like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    Hiya Gibo. My great grandparents and I were born here. You might be a tourist - but I an NOT. If you're a tourist, wotdafuk are you doing hunting in MY country????
    I think you may have badly missed @Gibo s point!
    Gibo likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."