Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: Kaimai hunting areas

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    It took me a year and a half walking in Kaimais before i found a deer. I learnt how to hunt without any advice or anyone to help, Now i would say 90% of trips i see or hear one. freezer always has venison in it.

Nothing beats learning by your own mistakes and exploring. Think anywhere in kaimias worth a trip.
    Welcome to the forum Froggy, well done mate, thats the attitude....

what VC said, put some hard yards in, listen, learn, then forum members will gladly volunteer to help you out, took me over a year to drop one, many (too many) fruitless weekends seeing nothing....

all makes up for it when you get your first!!!!!!
    Hunt4life likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

wow man I have never laughed so hard
    Pengy and mrs dundee like this.
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

If he actually gets off his arse and has a look in the Kaimai's, he'll get his deer. A heap of deer in there. A forum search would show the obvious access points.....
    mucko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    I can say that because it took me wayyy longer haha
    It took a while aye @phillipgr but you were out there learning at every chance humping your pack anywhere and everywhere. then the hard work paid off and now your taking deer more often then not. cant shoot deer with a keyboard @James sully get a book like hunting smarter HUNTING SMARTER get out there and look for footprints and shit and keep walking untill you find fresh sign. no substitute for getting out there.
    phillipgr and Waterpig like this.

Quote Originally Posted by James sully View Post
    If I wanted a cum back I"d wipe it off ur mums chin.
    @James sully with a comment like that you just fucked off 3800 members on this forum who most likely wont help you out now, insulting people isnt the wisest way to enlist there help.
    Pengy and heinnz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    I was going to get big-foot to take him to Bastard Hill and get him to carry a pack. sorry big-foot
    @big_foot might even shoot the deer butcher it and carry it out to i think bastard hill would be a good place for this chap he would be to fucked to abuse anyone let alone shoot a deer

Hes been and gone bro. Trolled for an evening, made us laugh then crawled back under his rock
    mucko likes this.

Kaimai hunting areas

Quote Originally Posted by James sully View Post
    Don't mind putting in the hard yards, just wanting places to bag a deer over a weekend , not a week
    A week? A fucking week?

I've edited this post so many times and still can't think of anything particularly nice to say! I wonder if I could ask my AO if we could also add an IQ And spelling test to the FAL application... *sigh*

The best thing that came out of this thread is that everyone can clearly see what a GC Ally is and maybe she'll be getting a beautiful black rifle one day...
    Last edited by Dougie; 06-08-2014 at 04:44 AM.
    mucko, Gibo, Hunt4life and 2 others like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    A week? A fucking week?

I've edited this post so many times and still can't think of anything particularly nice to say! I wonder if I could ask my AO if we could also add an IQ And spelling test to the FAL application... *sigh*

The best thing that came out of this thread is that everyone can clearly see what a GC Ally is and maybe she'll be getting a beautiful black rifle one day...
    Thnak goddd speelin ant r reciremnt, id bee foukd.

@Aly, even more reason to pull finger on the licence, possible free big black one.

"possible free big black one."

Easy tiger, thats a young lady your referring too!!!!!!!!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Aly
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Thnak goddd speelin ant r reciremnt, id bee foukd.

@Aly, even more reason to pull finger on the licence, possible free big black one.
    Shouldn't be too far off, it's in the works ... hopefully haha! (Employment status still pending to afford some things as I'm broke. Below the poverty-line broke! ) @Dougie Cheers for that matey! I'm going to email you in a week about the deets of coming up to Wellington at the end of the month, coz I'd been keen to meet ya and get up to something!

Also this is a pretty dead horse here being beaten. And I've seen a lot of dead horses, you don't wanna touch them bury and it leave it be!
    Nibblet likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Shouldn't be too far off, it's in the works ... hopefully haha! (Employment status still pending to afford some things as I'm broke. Below the poverty-line broke! ) @Dougie Cheers for that matey! I'm going to email you in a week about the deets of coming up to Wellington at the end of the month, coz I'd been keen to meet ya and get up to something!

Also this is a pretty dead horse here being beaten. And I've seen a lot of dead horses, you don't wanna touch them bury and it leave it be!
    If there's things you need never be too proud to ask. You never know, things like a-cat safes with all the e cat upgrades that have gone on in recent times may be lying around. I would donate one to you if I lived closer.
    Scouser likes this.

Lost For Time
    wow what a thread haha.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt !

Sweet @Aly I'm headed away for a long weekend end of the month, let me know your dates chick and see if we can catch up.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Hey guys
    I headed up Thompsons track on Saturday for a look around and couldn't believe the state of the track. there's about 6 good sections that are fully wiped out or covered by slips. I believe the council recon $180,000 to fix the track but to be fair I cant see the track being open to bikes or 4x4s again. Bit of a shame for the bikes and that but good for the hunters. Oh wait that's right halve the bush is missing up there now thanks to logging.
    KaimaiScout likes this.