Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: Kaimai hunting areas

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    haha ur a bloody legend . wouldn't have beleaved it if I didn't see it.
    You never seen the Kaimai Pegasus herd?
    possummatti likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    That ended without any blood on the moon. Must be mellowing.
    Pengy and Toby like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I was waiting for a slice of humble possum pie
    veitnamcam and Spook like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Well that was a bloody entertaining thread! Poor young James. A rough lesson in etiquette.
    I was about to phone Spook with an offer of a box of Codys for friendly advice on where is worthwhile in the Kaimais, until I read his 'offensive' comment about banning 6.5s from his property. Wash ya mouth out Spook! No Codys from me mate
    Gapped axe and Toby like this.

I'm now rather scared to post on this forum asking for help on where to start and so forth. I try my hardest to no offend or step on anybodys toes but by the looks of this I feel like I might habe already. With my last thread regarding blocks out of the Naki to hunt for deer in I felt like it was worthy of asking as I've had no luck here when trying to hunt them. But I definitely feel as though I would have offended people by simply asking where to start off instead of trying a random block.
    I thought it was the purpose of the forum for young keen hunters like myself to be able to ask for a starting hand but I'm now very hesitant and not sure what I can and can not ask.
    I apologise if I've offended people by asking for a hand in finding a different block to start in but I had tried as much as I could.

Just hope you guys on here don't think I'm another James Sully.
    mucko, Scouser and Hunt4life like this.

Some people get pissed when people come asking for places to hunt. Lot's of guys spend many hours hunting themselves to find places to hunt that have animals so when someone comes along and asks where the deer are you can see why they get a bit pissed. Why should they do all the hard work and tell someone they dont know where to go.

I don't have a solid view on it myself but there are just guys that will share and guys that won't.

Who gives a shit if asking where to hunt offends someone, if they get offended by that they should get off the internet. What pisses people off is talking about wiping cum off there mothers chins and all that shit. I thought it was good for a laugh but lots of people dont.
    mucko and Hunt4life like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Why are you scared? Have you told other members to f off etc etc, or made really crap comments about other members parentage ? No, I don't think you have. So fill ya boots, go ahead and ask to your hearts content. Unless you act as a rude obnoxious little prick, you will, I am sure, be treated with as much respect as any other forum member.
    veitnamcam, mucko, Gibo and 2 others like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by nz_hunter View Post
    I'm now rather scared to post on this forum asking for help on where to start and so forth. I try my hardest to no offend or step on anybodys toes but by the looks of this I feel like I might habe already. With my last thread regarding blocks out of the Naki to hunt for deer in I felt like it was worthy of asking as I've had no luck here when trying to hunt them. But I definitely feel as though I would have offended people by simply asking where to start off instead of trying a random block.
    I thought it was the purpose of the forum for young keen hunters like myself to be able to ask for a starting hand but I'm now very hesitant and not sure what I can and can not ask.
    I apologise if I've offended people by asking for a hand in finding a different block to start in but I had tried as much as I could.

Someone will help you as you aren't rude,arrogant or abusive. Good luck
    mucko and outinabout like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

sneakywaza I got
    Fuck Buck Shelford, BRING BACK JAMES SULLY!!!!!!!
    Pengy and big_foot like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Fuck Buck Shelford
    Where? In the cauliflower ear?
    outinabout likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Has anyone posted the GPS coords yet? I had a look but didnt see them. PM is fine too.

Posted that ages ago Sniper. Spot has been thrashed now.

But just for you
    18 48438
    58 32078
    Shhhh!!
    Last edited by Pengy; 14-08-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    Sniper likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I haven't done a search Pengy, but isn't that the Beehive in Wellington?

If it turns out to be the Beehive, I will resign from SAR forthwith

Topo map BD35 should narrow it down a bit
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by nz_hunter View Post

@NZHunter... And any other young fellas or newbies to hunting.

My father introduced me to hunting and after a few unsuccessful although bloody brilliant introductory deer hunting adventures, I was totally hooked. He however, was not. And neither were any of his mates, colleagues or brothers etc. So I'm a largely self taught hunter and I know exactly why you guys are asking for help and what level of help you're actually asking for.
    As I sought out older and experienced hunters who worked in gun shops etc and asked respectful questions of "where to go?", their answer was invariably "just study a topo map for good looking spots with clearings or open tops and go walk it and learn it". Thanks guys (ya wankers!). So I would buy up groceries etc, load up my pack and vehicle and head off for days and days wandering around the Kawekas or Ruahines or Te Urewera in areas with very few deer and, on a couple of occasions, sharing my 'good looking area' with arsehole helicopter meat shooters flying ahead of me and laying waste to any hope I had of encountering an "easy deer". Determined, although often driven close to tears of frustration, I joined the North Auckland NZDA... and again, generosity of useful information was less than forthcoming. I understand their reasons why, as there was a war going on at the time between helicopter hunters and ground hunters, and deer were in very short supply. But they certainly are not in short supply now and every hunter I speak to says the same..."it's never been so easy to find a deer".
    So my advice to you is, ask the same questions you did already, on this forum and at NZDA and of any hunters you meet in the bush. But with your emphasis being on respect for their knowledge and generosity with that info. If you meet and impress the right type of hunter, he'll likely take you under his wing and teach you all he knows...guys like me maybe.
    Last words of advice...slow down! Successful hunting requires great patience and understanding, so slow everything you want from hunting down and 'earn' your first deer. I assure you that when it comes, your sense of victory will be all the more profound.
    Happy hunting mate
    Dundee, Pengy, Sniper and 2 others like this.