Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Level 3 hunting ban lifted - only on private land

There is no logical rational for hunting on private land by anyone other than the landowner as others coming in breaks "bubbles" which the last month was designed to prevent.
    This new rule appears to be designed to help hunting estates and iwi only.
    I can't travel 2hrs South to hunt sika, taking my whole "bubble" (wife) with me, to hunt with no contact with anybody, but I can take my kontiki to my nearest beach. That is a near 3hrs to either coast.
    The PM said to not try anything you are not proficient at. My wife and I have over 100yrs of hunting experience between us, but it seems that ain't enough.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I’m not sure how they can legally stop you from using a vehicle on private land if you have the owners permission to hunt there?

Sage, sticking it to hunters any chance she gets.......
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Just heard Jacinda say that DoC land is closed to tramping.
    That makes it easier to take if thats the case.
    Steve123 and Stocky like this.

It’s blatant discrimination against law abiding firearm license holders and the use of public land!! imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Gibo, chainsaw and 3 others like this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

One plus is, they will get "tamer" by the day. Fallow behind me are nearly feeding out of my hand.
    Phil_H likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    That's not what the DoC site says for Level 4 even:

Alert Level 4: Stay at home
    Recreation in the outdoors must be put on hold. This means:

we have closed all DOC huts, campsites, lodges and carparks
    you must not visit tracks and national parks unless they are right by your home
    you must not go hunting, fishing, tramping or swimming, or do any water-based or other activities that expose you to danger or may require search and rescue services
    no fires are permitted on public conservation land
    you must not self-isolate at a hut, lodge or campsite
    you must not light fires on pubic conservation land.
    The problem with this government is they are telling lies so thick and fast they can't remember what they're actually doing.

this is sick.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Yeah, I heard that too, but I wonder if she is correct about that.
    If so, I can't even go and put out my game cameras

Kind of weird I can't travel 30 minutes or so to hunt on public land, so would have to travel 2 to 3.5 hours to hunt private land in my region.
    I wouldn't be keen on going bush with hundreds of others doing the same thing, but that will be an issue no matter what level we are allowed back on public land.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

God you are a grizzling bunch of pricks. Its something for some which is better than nothing for none.

I doubt I will be allowed out of the door because of my age, but I can suck that up for a couple of weeks. A few weeks and it will all be on.
    Lentil, Hewie, Cyclops and 8 others like this.

R93
    I can understand their way of thinking to be fair. I dont agree with it but understand it.
    Got plenty of private land I can hunt on within minutes drive of me but not really good for anything other than meat gathering. I don't need any meat.
    However I was looking forward to be able to go out and enjoy some other passtimes on Tuesday. I have only left my property in the last month to walk the dog and for exercise.
    I have driven a vehicle twice. Once to drop of groceries to my inlaws and once to drop of mail.
    So to be able to drive anywhere and go for a pack walk or just a nosey without worrying about being pulled over or some nazi reporting you is a bonus.

While I was overseas last year we had a hot water cylinder leak. Ruined heaps of stuff in the house.
    We couldnt match the carpet despite the house being under 10 yrs old. So we decided to replace the carpet for the whole house. Wife just rings me to say they want to come and do it on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    She has been working thru being essential so maybe she cant understand or appreciate why I am so fucking pissed off about having to stay home, move funiture and babysit people laying carpet for 3 extra days. Like what the actual fuck?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Tahr, veitnamcam, Cyclops and 3 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    God you are a grizzling bunch of pricks. Its something for some which is better than nothing for none.

I doubt I will be allowed out of the door because of my age, but I can suck that up for a couple of weeks. A few weeks and it will all be on.
    Bollocks.

We are questioning decisions which appear to be made based on ideological bias. ie this government are anti gun and thus anti hunting.

Hunters are told they cannot hunt due to the risk of emergency callouts. Nothing to do with guns, just emergency callouts and breaking of bubbles.

In the same breath mountain bikers who not only are statistically riskier AND have already had emergency callouts are left alone. To the extent the Minster of Health himself participated in mountain biking during the level 4 lockdown.

If we don't ask why the same logic is not applied across activities, how far down the Alert levels will they keep blocking hunters?
    veitnamcam, 308, chainsaw and 3 others like this.

haha hahaha fuck you hunters you can go hunting....NOT hahaha ...that’s what they’re thinking the cunts .
    veitnamcam, 308 and Moa Hunter like this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by vulcannz View Post
    Bollocks.

We are questioning decisions which appear to be made based on ideological bias. ie this government are anti gun and thus anti hunting.

Hunters are told they cannot hunt due to the risk of emergency callouts. Nothing to do with guns, just emergency callouts and breaking of bubbles.

In the same breath mountain bikers who not only are statistically riskier AND have already had emergency callouts are left alone. To the extend the Minster of Health himself participated in mountain biking during the level 4 lockdown.

If we don't ask why the same logic is not applied across activities, how far down the Alert levels will they keep blocking hunters?
    No. Its not bollocks. You are a grizzling bunch of pricks.
    7mmsaum, BRADS, Hewie and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I can understand their way of thinking to be fair. I dont agree with it but understand it.
    Got plenty of private land I can hunt on within minutes drive of me but not really good for anything other than meat gathering. I don't need any meat.
    However I was looking forward to be able to go out and enjoy some other passtimes on Tuesday. I have only left my property in the last month to walk the dog and for exercise.
    I have driven a vehicle twice. Once to drop of groceries to my inlaws and once to drop of mail.
    So to be able to drive anywhere and go for a pack walk or just a nosey without worrying about being pulled over or some nazi reporting you is a bonus.

While I was overseas last year we had a hot water cylinder leak. Ruined heaps of stuff in the house.
    We couldnt match the carpet despite the house being under 10 yrs old. So we decided to replace the carpet for the whole house. Wife just rings me to say they want to come and do it on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    She has been working thru being essential so maybe she cant understand or appreciate why I am so fucking pissed off about having to stay home, move funiture and babysit people laying carpet for 3 extra days. Like what the actual fuck?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Agree.
    And the same for me. Garage rang yesterday and said to bring my truck in for its overdue service on Tuesday. So thats the first day out the door by the time I do the delivering, getting home, social distancing, picking up etc.