Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Level 3 hunting ban lifted - only on private land

Yes it is Stug. Im pretty sure its the regional council boundaries that apply. But there are the "stay at home" and "don't travel unnecessarily" messages too. It would be a long bow for me to travel right across the region to you know where.

Good on you Tahr. This is exactly the kind of rational, reasonable, responsible attitude that hunters need to demonstrate. And I think most of us if given half the chance would. Tell you what. When the coast is clear and the government and you deem it safe to travel and hunt in my area, I would like to invite you to join me for a hunt on one of my spots. I only do this on the public forum and not a private message as I know you have done this for others and think that this is the very essence of what this forum is. People helping each other. Looking forward to a hunt and a brew on the hill with you if you want to join me. Cheers
    Tahr, BRADS, Cyclops and 1 others like this.

Dev
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Couldnt travel apart from essentials @Dev and now can so long as its not to "far"?
    Yes you were allowed to travel, you were not allowed to travel to just “hunt” but you were aloud to “pest control”, farm work etc..
    See where I’m coming from....?

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Yes you were allowed to travel, you were not allowed to travel to just “hunt” but you were aloud to “pest control”, farm work etc..
    See where I’m coming from....?
    Travel on your own farm or on the farm you work to do so but not from home if you live in town ? So i thought anyway .But level 3 anyone isolating in town can travel to a property in their region to hunt/shoot meat. What I take from it is if i got pulled up with a fire arm in level 4 im breaking the rules but in level 3 if I get pulled up with a firearm its ledgit so long as im in my region. Im not talking about joy rides with a firearm I mean on the way hunting

Level 4 I thought was very clear stay home medical and food only more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Ive had a yarn with a cocky where I can hunt if I want. He's on the other side of the region and we have agreed that L2 sounds like the right time. L3 is risky for me for the travel and possible exposure to the bug, and its just another layer of responsibility for him if something did go wrong while I was hunting. It would not be fair of me to put him under the spot light. This is another layer of responsibility over and above H&S for the cockies. Best decision I think.
    Why should we be grateful for what we are "allowed"? FFS. What you think is not what we we should have to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiawatha View Post
    When the coast is clear and the government and you deem it safe to travel and hunt in my area, I would like to invite you to join me for a hunt on one of my spots.
    '

Why should "the government" decide our freedoms? FFS.
    Ronin007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    '

"Freedom" on ANZAC dsy even id say im pretty darn happy with the freedom
    Micky Duck and Hiawatha like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    '

Because the price of my freedom was not free . Great Uncle of mine buried in belgium might have a different view of hardship! 3 more weeks around home or 3 years on the westend front! pretty sure Im on the easy side of freedom.
    7mmsaum, Tahr, ebf and 9 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Has anyone actually seen what the “regions” are? They aren’t listed on the Covid - 19 website. Isn’t Wairarapa part of Wellington Regional Council?
    While I believe that is true re Wairarapa and Wgtn being in the same region someone amongst plod doesn't think so as there have been checkpoints on the Wgtn side of the Rimutakas this last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    While I believe that is true re Wairarapa and Wgtn being in the same region someone amongst plod doesn't think so as there have been checkpoints on the Wgtn side of the Rimutakas this last weekend
    L4
    ebf likes this.

The words risk and essential fuck me off greatly. As the words alone cannot be blanketed across the populous to mean the same thing. Common sense has to apply or we're doomed. Those without common sense please stay indoors glued to the tele. Church with Cindy starts at...... 1pm daily TV1 ohhhh I mean week days?? The Gospel is spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by hutrat View Post
    Because the price of my freedom was not free . Great Uncle of mine buried in belgium might have a different view of hardship! 3 more weeks around home or 3 years on the westend front! pretty sure Im on the easy side of freedom.
    Most of my ancestors on my mother's and father's sides both, ended up in camps during that global unpleasantness. Few left again. They realised too late that a government big enough to run every aspect of your life is definitely in charge of your death as well as your life...
    Ronin007 likes this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    The Te Marua checkpoint has been operating on and off for most of the Level 4 period, especially weekends.

And I would imagine it will continue for level 3. Don't fancy my chances of getting through for a day walk at Waiohine etc
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Covid map as of yesterday showing Wellington and Wairarapa. And showing exactly why regions need to be broken in to bite sized chunks and why people should not be coming over the hill (or in to any C19 free areas from areas where there are still cases) at the moment or have it left to individuals 'better judgement' as some bleaters keep banging on about. This is all about a champion team, not a team of champions to quote a well known rugby line. The Wairarapa as with some other smaller zones have been new covid case free for a bit. Hopefully the number of places like this increases too. If there is movement over the hill and an outbreak happens in Wellington again, then businesses in the Wairarapa could also potentially be forced back in to lockdown and many families will suffer accordingly when they didn't need to. My only concern is for people and families livelihoods and welfare at the moment. Its not for much longer. None of this post has anything to do with hunting and I would be suggesting the same to protect those in Wellington or wherever, if the numbers read the other way round too. I am unsure if we will remove it completely nationally, but the priority is getting people back to work and keeping them there. Not travelling too far to go hunting yet. Hang in there folks

Name:  Covid map 25 April.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  3.37 MB
    HNTMAD, Micky Duck and Finnwolf like this.