Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: WARNING - Dangerous side effect of "lockdown"

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Family member in the armed forces, they are getting equipment ready for the call out.
    Marshal law
    outlander likes this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    The Meth fuckheads at the bottom, mainly fund their habits by prostitution and burglary/theft in it's various forms, with the major proportion of workers now going to be at home, the burglary is going to become a home invasion, the working girls, parlor and street, and their handlers are going to have their income given a severe whack. Soft target options: wife stops at lights gets carjacked, goes to the supermarket/dairy/servo, gets blitzed when she gets out of car, or on return, same for anyone else that doesn't look capable.

These are people that will sell their children for their next hit, and their habits are not going away because the minister of crooked head sad faces and hajib covered hugs makes us stay at home.

From this point on, my wife goes nowhere unless she has me as top cover, over reaction?, feel free to poo poo, just sayin, look around you, develop situational awareness, be pro active, not reactive - and if you have do to be reactive, over react.

I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I see some bad juju ahead that aint the virus.
    Should be a walk in the park for all the ex South Africans then.
    tetawa, Scouser, Steve123 and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chindit View Post
    It was just on the radio the trucking companys want assurance that they will be safe on the roads regarding hijacking. What has this country become.
    It hasn't become anything because it hasn't happened
    bumblefoot, Steve123 and Pommy like this.

Right I’ve only read the first two posts so don’t know what the rest of you are on about, sorry....maybe not.

But just sold my truck and in the process of doing this had some clowns try to pull a fast one on me.

Put oil in the header tank and then we’re going to offer a lower price...they didn’t count on that I had checked it before hand and that I then pulled out the tools to fix it, I was then asking the first two who had put the oil in as you two where standing at the front. I was being distracted by a guy at the back asking how the spare tyre is dropped.
    Latter when I checked the cctv you could see em doing it.

Anyway here’s the catch and what you need to be careful of guys. They were wearing masks and saying hey aren’t you afraid of the virus.

So no faces on the cctv.

Sold it tonight guy wasn’t in a mask and I got a good price. If he had been wearing a mask I would have asked him to stand one meter away and remove the mask so that I could identify him. I suggest if you do get this at your door to also do the same.

Cheers S
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    I think more like just bolstering the number of people able to help.

I give you a scenario.
    We have approx 9000 people in prison. They all need feeding, medical treatment and containing. We have a very thin blue line of Corrections Officers doing this daily in, around the clock shifts.

What happens when we get an outbreak of the virus in the prison? What happens when the staff get infected and have to self isolate? How do we manage 9000 convicted criminals? - Yes, and lets have some serious discussion here and not the usual shit I hear like just let them all die.

The truth of it, we are a humanitarian society and will not let them die. If we can't manage them or keep them alive in prison we will be faced with the same prospect of what is already happening overseas......we will start releasing them. US is already releasing low risk offenders. Iran, reportedly, overwhelmed with the virus have released something in the order of 54,000 prisoners. Don't quote me on Iranian figures, it is a hard number to confirm.

However, the army will be getting called in to just be there to assist when the thin line of essential support services starts falling over, wherever that may be.

Marshal Law? I am sure that is also a possibility but will be the final choice. Lets not scaremonger.

Cheers
    Phil
    Yea I don't think the PM would have the balls to go down that path & is in stark contrast to what she is actually doing , like keeping the warehouse open !! what a joke , imagine how the competition feel about that ...very real possibility on the other side of this there isn't any ! , so much for "essential services" only ffs .
    tetawa and Woody like this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Banned
    There are more strange things afoot boys and girls. The cook, who is from Saxony in Germany tells me that according to her cousin Sabine also from Saxony, at night American Military aircraft are flying one after the other into the US base near her home. The country is in lockdown but at night hundreds of US tanks are moving along the roads from bases in the 'West' into East Germany. The build up of armaments started about two years ago but has really picked up lately. Any ideas ??

Re the druggies, where will the supply come from with shipping and most freight flights stopped ? I suppose for them legalisation of marijuana cant come fast enough.
    Last edited by Moa Hunter; 24-03-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    There are more strange things afoot boys and girls. The cook, who is from Saxony in Germany tells me that according to her cousin Sabine also from Saxony, that at night American Military aircraft are flying one after the other into the US base near her home. The country is in lockdown but at night hundreds of US tanks are moving along the roads from bases in the 'West' into East Germany. The build up of armaments started about two years ago but has really picked up lately. Any ideas ??

Re the druggies, where will the supply come from with shipping and most freight flights stopped ? I suppose for them legalisation of marijuana cant come fast enough.
    the average pot head and meth head are 2 totally different types.
    methys want the rush and alertness, pot smokers want to wind down, act stupid, be lazy and sleep
    both drugs are awful but a pot head is less likely to stick a knife into you demanding money

@Boaraxa . I find it difficult to believe the warehouse coyld remain open while other stockists of similar NZ made goods are forced to close. Maybe to protect trade in china goods? Seems to weird to be true man.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

I think more like just bolstering the number of people able to help.

I give you a scenario.
    We have approx 9000 people in prison. They all need feeding, medical treatment and containing. We have a very thin blue line of Corrections Officers doing this daily in, around the clock shifts.

What happens when we get an outbreak of the virus in the prison? What happens when the staff get infected and have to self isolate? How do we manage 9000 convicted criminals? - Yes, and lets have some serious discussion here and not the usual shit I hear like just let them all die.

The truth of it, we are a humanitarian society and will not let them die. If we can't manage them or keep them alive in prison we will be faced with the same prospect of what is already happening overseas......we will start releasing them. US is already releasing low risk offenders. Iran, reportedly, overwhelmed with the virus have released something in the order of 54,000 prisoners. Don't quote me on Iranian figures, it is a hard number to confirm.

However, the army will be getting called in to just be there to assist when the thin line of essential support services starts falling over, wherever that may be.

Marshal Law? I am sure that is also a possibility but will be the final choice. Lets not scaremonger.

Cheers
    Phil
    My wife is a mental health worker inside Rimutaka prison. She said that if there is a case "behind the wire" then the whole prison is locked down with staff in it. They are then reliant on Dept of Corrections having a good disaster plan. something that I'm personally not confident of having worked in some capacity for them in the past.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    There are more strange things afoot boys and girls. The cook, who is from Saxony in Germany tells me that according to her cousin Sabine also from Saxony, at night American Military aircraft are flying one after the other into the US base near her home. The country is in lockdown but at night hundreds of US tanks are moving along the roads from bases in the 'West' into East Germany. The build up of armaments started about two years ago but has really picked up lately. Any ideas ??
    It'll probably have something to do with this:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/n...20-3?r=US&IR=T

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Should be a walk in the park for all the ex South Africans then.
    Yes, except in SA, I used to take my .357 when. I went for a walk. It was legal, as was using it to defend yourself. Never needed to pull it, because of a healthy dose of awareness sprinkled with common sense.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    @Boaraxa . I find it difficult to believe the warehouse coyld remain open while other stockists of similar NZ made goods are forced to close. Maybe to protect trade in china goods? Seems to weird to be true man.
    I seldom go to the Warehouse Woody but the one that is closest to us also sells some food and grocery items.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Yes, except in SA, I used to take my .357 when. I went for a walk. It was legal, as was using it to defend yourself. Never needed to pull it, because of a healthy dose of awareness sprinkled with common sense.
    I agree, although I was more referring to the healthy dose of awareness and common sense. Wherever I walked, I had a .380 CZ attached to my ankle. During work hours it was a Beretta 92 plus an R5 or pump gun...and the little CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    I agree, although I was more referring to the healthy dose of awareness and common sense. Wherever I walked, I had a .380 CZ attached to my ankle. During work hours it was a Beretta 92 plus an R5 or pump gun...and the little CZ.
    Ex SAPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

No, definitely wouldn't poo hoo your thoughts. I do believe your logic has merit. I am not sure that mayhem is going to break out on the streets - well not immediately - but extra vigilance is definitely warranted. Have already schooled my darling Sharon on things I think we need to be aware of, but me, doing the travelling to and from work - essential service - will probably do most of the shopping. The danger we will most likely face will be due to our remote location. That said, I think the situation will have to get really dire before the criminal element or meth induced hordes think to come this far out.

On another note. I was at my preferred gunsmith today, only because I had to go the distance to the big smoke on another errand, and they were just run off their feet with postal orders. Fellow hunters and gun owners are obviously stocking up.

I put a plea out to fellow 'Brothers in Firearms'. Think carefully before you consider using or carrying a firearm in a manner that you have not been doing up to this point. I am sure that the Police are very aware and vigilant of FAL's having or using firearms in situations that could infringe the law. Don't get carried away with social media scaremongering. I am sure that when the Zombie Hordes start roaming the streets we will get plenty of notice.....just stay safe and don't do anything silly.

Cheers
    Phil
    this man speaks great sense !!and hes right on the button.nothing wouls give our anti nemesis more pleasure im sure than MSMs reporting LFAOs in a gunfight or similar.
    plus im not really a great fan of excess interactions with mr plod if i can help it.