Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: WARNING - Dangerous side effect of "lockdown"

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Ex SAPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya. 1985-1995.

I don't know the true rationale behind allowing The Warehouse to remain open, however, as a volunteer for a well-known global humanitarian group who are experts in assisting in a crisis I do know that there are certain companies within the country which are recognised by the government and Civil Defence to be key a part of infrastructure due to their ability to provide a wide range of affordable goods across the country. To me this would explain why the likes of The Warehouse are being asked to remain open.

That and possibly to prevent our national landfills being overloaded with millions of cheap Easter Eggs.

Warehouse won't be open. They got their hand smacked.

house smacked
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    I think more like just bolstering the number of people able to help.

I give you a scenario.
    We have approx 9000 people in prison. They all need feeding, medical treatment and containing. We have a very thin blue line of Corrections Officers doing this daily in, around the clock shifts.

What happens when we get an outbreak of the virus in the prison? What happens when the staff get infected and have to self isolate? How do we manage 9000 convicted criminals? - Yes, and lets have some serious discussion here and not the usual shit I hear like just let them all die.

The truth of it, we are a humanitarian society and will not let them die. If we can't manage them or keep them alive in prison we will be faced with the same prospect of what is already happening overseas......we will start releasing them. US is already releasing low risk offenders. Iran, reportedly, overwhelmed with the virus have released something in the order of 54,000 prisoners. Don't quote me on Iranian figures, it is a hard number to confirm.

However, the army will be getting called in to just be there to assist when the thin line of essential support services starts falling over, wherever that may be.

Marshal Law? I am sure that is also a possibility but will be the final choice. Lets not scaremonger.

Cheers
    Phil
    Yep @Phil_H is right let’s not scaremonger, but if you are in prison.......they have just thrown away the keys and infected your food before leaving........

Nar just kidding
    Phil_H likes this.

The army has been called into help in Spain and other countries. We went into lock down last night.
    In Spain the army is helping to building shelters for the homeless. There’s a lot that they can help with doing just like with earthquakes and floods.

You have to remember that there will be a percentage of people in the police and other and other services that will lose people to this. And the army navy airforce can step into fill some of these rolls.

I’m sure that the police are well aware of the scallywags out there that want to take advantage of this situation. If they through away the keys on these people I’d not mind in the lest!
    They would be spreading the virus plus looting so I hope they get a big Broomstick right up em from all who apprehended them.

I think some of you guys have been watching a bit too much Walking Dead.
    Keep calm and carry on. Situational awareness ? well yes you should always have that. If a car drives up on the footpath you need to jump out of the way. If your standing under a tree in a storm watch for falling branches.
    Crims will keep doing crim stuff and non crimes will mostly keep within the law. This will still be the case during the "lockdown".
    You are at no more risk of being "carjacked" next week, as you were last week.

yes the big green machine is stepping in to help the boysn girls in blue.......stopping looting and helping patrol to keep unnecessary travel will be tasks they more than capable of handling.

Im thinking home invasion risk up slightly....business empty will be targeted,particularly bars n pubs....
    will wait n see what measures will be taken,leaving dog off chain at night would be good start.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Im thinking home invasion risk up slightly....business empty will be targeted,particularly bars n pubs....
    will wait n see what measures will be taken,leaving dog off chain at night would be good start.
    My two Great Danes are always on patrol especially at night.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    I think more like just bolstering the number of people able to help.

I give you a scenario.
    We have approx 9000 people in prison. They all need feeding, medical treatment and containing. We have a very thin blue line of Corrections Officers doing this daily in, around the clock shifts.

What happens when we get an outbreak of the virus in the prison? What happens when the staff get infected and have to self isolate? How do we manage 9000 convicted criminals? - Yes, and lets have some serious discussion here and not the usual shit I hear like just let them all die.

The truth of it, we are a humanitarian society and will not let them die. If we can't manage them or keep them alive in prison we will be faced with the same prospect of what is already happening overseas......we will start releasing them. US is already releasing low risk offenders. Iran, reportedly, overwhelmed with the virus have released something in the order of 54,000 prisoners. Don't quote me on Iranian figures, it is a hard number to confirm.

However, the army will be getting called in to just be there to assist when the thin line of essential support services starts falling over, wherever that may be.

Marshal Law? I am sure that is also a possibility but will be the final choice. Lets not scaremonger.

Cheers
    Phil
    The Army have been present the whole way through this current process, in an advisory manner. This IS standard procedure in events like this, and is common-sense, as is Martial-Law, which can be Officially -Invoked any time through this period. This is nothing new, or scary, for anyone acting normally. Crazies and idiots will get sorted swiftly, it has to be this way in extremes such as what we may be heading into. Imagine how things could really get out-of-hand, and escalate, if the 'Services' were not on standby. I believe Martial-Law is automatic at Level-4, if it needs to be applied. Enjoy the break, fix a few things, camp on the lawn with kids and roast marshmallows. If it does all turn to shit, then 'Plan B'
    ebf, Micky Duck and Phil_H like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It'll probably have something to do with this:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/n...20-3?r=US&IR=T
    Hopefully that’s all it is.

Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rewa View Post
    The Army have been present the whole way through this current process, in an advisory manner. This IS standard procedure in events like this, and is common-sense, as is Martial-Law, which can be Officially -Invoked any time through this period. This is nothing new, or scary, for anyone acting normally. Crazies and idiots will get sorted swiftly, it has to be this way in extremes such as what we may be heading into. Imagine how things could really get out-of-hand, and escalate, if the 'Services' were not on standby. I believe Martial-Law is automatic at Level-4, if it needs to be applied. Enjoy the break, fix a few things, camp on the lawn with kids and roast marshmallows. If it does all turn to shit, then 'Plan B'
    If Martial Law = Level Four then sales of ammo,guns and booze stopped..?

They have my blessing to lace the methamphetamine supply with the Covid-19 virus and remove a good portion of users with impaired immunity from society in a month flat.

Job done.
    Martin358 and outlander like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    They have my blessing to lace the methamphetamine supply with the Covid-19 virus and remove a good portion of users with impaired immunity from society in a month flat.

Job done.
    And to make sure that the desired outcome occurs quickly we could give the shit away free of charge. I like your thinking.
    outlander likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms