Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 350 Remington magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Yep Santa barbra mauser has 30-06 lenght.
    Mmmm... my parker hale safari might be a good candidate for one of these if a certain barrel isn't suitable.

Yep I was thinking to build on a model 7 but it might be better on the FN Mauser action currently in 8x57. I'm going to shorten the 8x57 to 18 inches, suppress it and try something thing like 180 interlock,s in it. I,m looking for a good bush rifle that can stretch to 300 yards at a max, will have a vx2 3-9 with a zero stop cds dial, doable you reckon?

In a long action a .35 Whelen gives the same performance, feeds well and is easier to access brass to load. I would see no reason to go with the belted case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nor-west likes this.

Nor-west, I've got a 358 win on a rugerM77, no problem to get out to 300 m, dead on aim, is something like 240m, with a 225 gr Serria, that's dead on at 200, I can push them to 2450 fps, 2600 with the 200 gr,
    350 Rem, And even the 35 Whealan, only gain 150-200 fps, speed isn't as important in medium bores, they get the job done with mass and momentum,
    Biggest problem with the 350 and 358 win is they a bit cramped in the action, for the Accubonds to work,
    I've often looked at the 358 Norma, in a husky, as they can be picked up over here for a grand,
    Any how, fine choice is any med bore in a compact, rifle.