Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Benelli Lupo 30-06 first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Well Danny I thought your new 06 would have been a Sako or the likes, but that sure looks good although different. One thing for sure is it can shoot. As MD said you will find most bullets and weights will shoot into a usable group at a reasonable range.
    I have shot over a 100 deer with a few different 06 rifles (mostly a BAR) and found it a excellent caliber, my 300 win mag is just a 30 06 on steroids.
    Remember when you do you load development to keep in mind that SF isn't to stable with varying temperatures, especially those hot summer temps you can get in Canterbury. Look forward to see what your hand loads can do and s few animals on the deck.
    Also from what I understand Superformance likes to be in a full case, achieved either by seating the bullet deeper or if seating further out using more powder.... of course this won't get in the way of a full work up the factory mag allows me to seat the 178 eldm's 25 thou off my jam point, so this will be my starting point for a charge ladder.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    It looks very Italian .....

Did you not consider paying for the upgrade to the pop-out espresso maker and ash tray in the magazine floor plate?

Or is that option only available in Europe?

These certainly are unusual and very modern looking Rifles, they really stand out on a gun rack.
    dannyb and Joe_90 like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

One thing I will say about these crio treated barrels is they are very easy to clean and dont foul much at all, after only a few oily patches they are coming out clean
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Ive seldom seen an Italian butt I didn't like
    100%

Name:  Monica-Bellucci1-1080x1920.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  299.7 KB
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Granted it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.
    I wasnt discriminating against it.... .I meant just that its very Italian. The jury is still out for me either way . Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    erniec and dannyb like this.

Well it seems all good things come back in fashion I have recently taken possession of a new walnut Benelli Lupo 308win, word has it only 4 Walnut Wolfs made it to NZ, 2 in the north island and 2 in the south.
    I have to say Benelli has smashed it outta the park with the walnut version, the wood is stunning, the gold inlay on the reciever is a nice touch and they have kept the weight down mine is 4.25kg wearing vx3hd 3.5-10×40ZL, steel rings, DPT suppressor and niggaloh sling which is not ultralight territory but it's no pig either.
    Outta the box it shot 1/2 moa with factory sako 150gn soft points.
    I have dond probably one of the quickest easiest load developements in history for me, nailing a fantastic load with adi2208 and 168gn eldm's which cost me a total of 12 rounds seated at saami spec.
    The 168gn eldm's are sailing along at 2622fps which is not too hot and plenty enough to plenty far away. Punches tiny little clover leaf 3 shot groups at 100y consistently.
    I'm looking forward to taking the Lupo to the West Coast in a couple of weeks and hopefully take my first deer with it.
    Absolute class from limbsaver to muzzle cap.
    25/08 IMP likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Well it seems all good things come back in fashion I have recently taken possession of a new walnut Benelli Lupo 308win, word has it only 4 Walnut Wolfs made it to NZ, 2 in the north island and 2 in the south.
    I have to say Benelli has smashed it outta the park with the walnut version, the wood is stunning, the gold inlay on the reciever is a nice touch and they have kept the weight down mine is 4.25kg wearing vx3hd 3.5-10×40ZL, steel rings, DPT suppressor and niggaloh sling which is not ultralight territory but it's no pig either.
    Outta the box it shot 1/2 moa with factory sako 150gn soft points.
    I have dond probably one of the quickest easiest load developements in history for me, nailing a fantastic load with adi2208 and 168gn eldm's which cost me a total of 12 rounds seated at saami spec.
    The 168gn eldm's are sailing along at 2622fps which is not too hot and plenty enough to plenty far away. Punches tiny little clover leaf 3 shot groups at 100y consistently.
    I'm looking forward to taking the Lupo to the West Coast in a couple of weeks and hopefully take my first deer with it.
    Absolute class from limbsaver to muzzle cap.
    Name:  20230130_121402.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  1.91 MB

Name:  20230130_131747.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  589.7 KB

Name:  20230103_134649.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  3.03 MB

Mounted up scope this morning the bottom shot was bore sighted, then i adjusted up 5" and shot a 3 shot group, then i corrected and put 1 more just above the bullseye happy enough and all done in 5 minutes
    Name:  20230130_102335.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  3.04 MB
    Tahr, outdoorlad, nor-west and 2 others like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Have you got a little bit of clearance around the DPT bushing? You don't want to mark the blueing unnecessarily.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

@dannyb .....................you are gonna cry the first time you scratch that. That wooden stock is too nice to actually use.
    I prefer wooden rifle and stocks BUT they are not that practical
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Attachment 215718

Attachment 215719

Attachment 215720

Mounted up scope this morning the bottom shot was bore sighted, then i adjusted up 5" and shot a 3 shot group, then i corrected and put 1 more just above the bullseye happy enough and all done in 5 minutes
    Attachment 215721
    Beautiful rifle. Imagine how it will shot once it is run in. Might look a bit out of place in the west coast bush though
    dannyb likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Have you got a little bit of clearance around the DPT bushing? You don't want to mark the blueing unnecessarily.
    Yup hard to see black on black in the pic, it's not blued its Benelli's BE.S.T coating some sort of super hard cerecoat finish 25 year garuntee

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    @dannyb .....................you are gonna cry the first time you scratch that. That wooden stock is too nice to actually use.
    I prefer wooden rifle and stocks BUT they are not that practical
    Quite likely I will cry, but I'll survive. It will be hunted with, fits like a glove with the shim and spacer kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Beautiful rifle. Imagine how it will shot once it is run in. Might look a bit out of place in the west coast bush though
    Yeah she's had around 30 rounds down the tube and seems pretty stable, love these crio treated barrels they are so easy to clean, I assume you mean I'll look outta place in the west coast bush we'll be mostly hunting river flats and bush edges
    Tahr likes this.
    #DANNYCENT