Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Newbie query regarding .22 rifles

MB
    I wonder how "near" is defined?

there is some hate against the ruger 10/22. i have owned many and its still my go to bunny gun
    bumblefoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Sorry. Clicked your link. The words are "without reasonable excuse"

And the original wording, as enacted was "without reasonable cause" vis:

You can see that the intent has been bastardised in the re-write.
    Ah yes it is bastardised. Clauses are open. If a neighbour complains and says they are frightened......

But the without lawful purpose is there.
    Near is also very open. As MB said.

Problem with the rules is they want open wording to get any poor bastard they want to. And let others off.

MB
    My mate has a very old 10/22 that's probably never been cleaned and damn, it can shoot. I have been less than impressed by all the other ones I've come across. With more money and time, I'd be tempted to give the new flash models a go.
    c-dog likes this.

Thanks guys for all info, good discussion. My plan was to keep the air rifle for home, and the .22 for Bunnies on a farm. Put my FAL application in tomorrow so see how it all goes, probably takes months and I'm pretty busy till Jan sometime anyway..but can sneak out the odd evening for bunnies.
    Love the fact the .22 can be almost silent...noise is what I would like to avoid.
    Cheers guys for all your advice and expertise, much appreciated.

Everyone has a 10/22. And they're so shit I vomit a little everytime I think of them.

Also if you apply that theory to who apparently got most voted for...you might see the error in the logic. Popularity does not equal fit-for-purpose.
    Haha! You're fulla shite @mimms (and I say this in jest, without malice)

Just remember that this gummint didn't get into the Beehive by obtaining the highest number of votes. Quite the opposite. They managed to cheat their way into ruling the masses by "buying" votes from two other minor parties who couldn't wait to sell their soul to the devil in order to share the adrenaline of power. Anyhow, I would argue that there are more 10/22's in the country than any other rifle because they ARE fit for purpose - although I do conceed there are a couple of easy-to-carry-out modifications which will improve accuracy from the "out-of-the-box" standard rifle.

And yes, I do love my 10/22's. Even after more than 10,000 rounds and ????? dead rabbits.

ahh mimms a good 10/22 is a wonderful thing. i just wish i still had my gundoc special one ( alas it went the way on the separation from the ex) it did cloverleaf patterns at 100m alas too heavy to carry but one hell of a tack driver

MB
    ... At least 50?
    ...and winner of post of the day goes to mimms2!
    planenutz likes this.

But "a good 10/22" is basically the mag detent from a ruger... and a bunch of KIDD/Timney/VQ parts behind a barrel from somewhere not-shit.
    LOL. Love it.

I've not replaced all those parts on mine... just modified the factory parts to make it nicer to shoot. It takes only a minimum of effort to lighten the trigger. Of all the semi's I've owned the 10/22's have been hands down the best and most reliable. Anyhow... I can see you'll not be converted despite the perversion of still owning one. That must hurt.