Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Remington in a Spot of Bother

Quality has to be designed and built in from the start, if you are relying on “quality control” to test in “quality” then you are doomed to fail.

You would think fewer models with greater attention to detail would be a start.

Keep the popular Marlin products and scale back on the Remington line to produce rifles that function and shoot.

I know Tikka takes a lot of crap but the business model from Sako of producing the one action was very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    big part of their problem is buying the likes of marlin and its subsidiary companies and closing them and just taking a few of their products and canning the rest and then trying to get them made by their own employees to the same standard . closing the likes of h & r and not shifting or keeping the popular single shot rifles and the like is a big mistake as a lot of americans buy single shots for kids and some places have special hunting seasons for them .
    I had a future project in mind that involved barrel stubbing an H+R single shot. This involved a fair bit of internet research and this brought up a lot of people that weren't happy about the H+R plant closing/descaling.
    They are/were a very popular platform especially when you could get relatively cheap spare barrels for them. No more

Bus driver
    I’m sure you did,but in its defense Remington has produced some(not all) quality pieces,have owned a few myself.The restructuring of this company is a good thing,for everyone,they know they have let down consumers and need deep a look at what they produce and what they need to get back too.Me,I like the fact they are staying in the game,they have a great and proud history,and the loss of competition and products is bad for the buyer......your not seeing it in Kiwi,but over here we are getting some great deals on their existing stocks...ie the versa max range of shotguns as an example.....hey,at least you get choices,Remington or not,it’s good for all of us that they stay in the game,......no one forces you to buy their stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    “We are excited about the future – producing quality products, serving our customers, and providing good jobs for our employees.”

had a good chuckle at that one.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Seems more than a few US gun companies are geared up to only be profitable when a democrat is in the Whitehouse. Put a Republican in and a) the fear of losing their guns goes and b) the country becomes even more un-equal result the bulk of ppl have less to spend on guns. It isnt rocket science.............
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    I think the competition is getting stiffer and people are buying more Tikkas No one wants to purchase a rifle and then replace it's trigger straight away.
    Remington.....on there more expensive guns, have far better stocks than tikkas but a tikkas barrel is 100 times better.......

Bus driver
    Typical.... when all else fails ... turn it into a political debate.... bullshit!!

I QUOTE=steven;708487]Seems more than a few US gun companies are geared up to only be profitable when a democrat is in the Whitehouse. Put a Republican in and a) the fear of losing their guns goes and b) the country becomes even more un-equal result the bulk of ppl have less to spend on guns. It isnt rocket science.............[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, the sandy hook tragedy did them no favours. An ar15 clone firm that the umbrella company Cerberus bought as well was used in the shooting and that came out later-stocks fell as a result.
    Then there was something about the money that was used to buy Remington was borrowed and this then basically went into the books as a debt against Remington (700million something like that) so that definitely did them no favours.
    I think I'm close here. @A330driver I'm not going political per se: but It does seem to make a difference on gun sales depending on who's in there. If they think they are losing them they buy up. If it looks a bit better they hold off.
    I've seen it myself years ago with some people buying ruger mini14's just before the restrictions came in-easier to keep then than to get them later.

Bus driver
    Mate... not at all .. totally agree....,the previous poster wrote the obvious,I was merely being feceious.....when it comes to guns (especially)in the US.... as with several of there other products(whiskey,women,cars)where does politics not intervene or become an issue.
    Historically,politics has always played its part.... he says quote...it’s not rocket science.... well...no shit!!!!!
    csmiffy likes this.