Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Supressors.

Was very interesting (read amusing) reading this thread and seeing many people saying close to the same thing without understanding what the other is saying

One thing that is highlighted though - the difference between a Consulting Engineer and a Fitter\Welder type Engineer. When faced with the requirement of increasing strength, the fitter\welder gets a heavier bit of steel - the engineer designs a stronger, more efficient bit of steel. Each to their own I guess
    I love all animals.........especially with gravy

Ah hmmm! I am a fitter welder and you will see I was trying to show the benefits of design as opposed to a heavier lump of steel! which I might add is often ( not saying everyone) the design engineers way of doing things as it requires little effort and covers arses .
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ejected
    Don't get me started on design engineers!

But I will note even they don't use alloy for any serious work....

Agreed that some Design Engineers take the easiest road possible, and just up size the steel section. This mentality is prevalent in structural engineering.

I will point out that all materials have their place to some degree. Wirehunt I am assuming you mean Aluminium, not alloy?
    I love all animals.........especially with gravy

Ejected
    Alloys have better properties Mossie depending on grade of course, straight AL isn't the best.

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!