Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: A tale of customer service

A tale of customer service

With an up and coming trip iv spent abit of dosh the past 2 weeks. New purchases are exciting but excitement can vary on the level of service you get espically when theirs a fault . Two stand out of the recents starting with the highlight which has being the MTN Stick iv had the Mountain MTN Bipod for awhile now and love it after much chatting with Matt I took the plunge on the stick and first impressions are flat out brilliant as usual pre sales after sales questions are prompt and honest pros cons what ever you want you wont be led astray a massive shout out to anyone debating purchasing buy with confidence. On the lowlight is a gps I bought faulty our of the box sent back today phoned the company got called an idiot for sending it back as "I could have fixed it over the phone it only needs to be plugged into a computer" to which I politely in fewer words said "liesten here fuck head sending it back was my last resort I spent 6 hours of my weekend not loading ammo and packing trawling threw forums and Garmins trouble shooting guides to sort this its buggered I need another by Thursday please" he not so kindly said " if its an energency you should have same day couriered it and I hope you didnt use fastways" its news to me theirs a same day courier service and I actually used the company they sent it with so chill mate . Il be calling them tomorrow at 3pm to hopfully here him back track on how stupid I am and send me a new one or the fixed one i dont really care until then il refrain from naming the company because id hate to slander them over are shithead staff member il follow up tomorrow be it good or bad.

Have had that, experience puts you right off .
    Took my failed gps related item back to a certain shop in Tauranga.
    Was treated like a halfwit ,even after explaining that I had done the updates and also the master reset.
    Bloke finally admitted it was fucked . No apology, just hands it to a staff member to sort.
    This after spending north of two grand on the gear.
    Only go back there if I have to.
    Micky Duck, BSA270 and Kelton like this.

I have to wonder what is wrong with these people aye. Dont they understand that if they fuck you off, you will not come back??

And more importantly you will tell all your mates and anyone else who will listen that you have been fucked around by so and so at such a place.

Good service pretty rare these days (and manners too by the way)
    Micky Duck, MB and BSA270 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post

And more importantly you will tell all your mates and anyone else who will listen that you have been fucked around by so and so at such a place.
    They don't care
    MB and BSA270 like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by tac a1 View Post
    I have to wonder what is wrong with these people aye. Dont they understand that if they fuck you off, you will not come back??

Good service pretty rare these days (and manners too by the way)
    So much so that good service has become something to talk about and thats a sad day Ladies and Gentlemen
    Micky Duck and BSA270 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    They don't care
    Correct sadly
    tac a1 likes this.

I had a similar experience 15-20 years ago, it's usually a person working for a pay cheque rather than someone that's passionate about what they do. Purchased a new 10/22 and had no end of BS from the shop staff re feeding issues. I took it to another shop, they test fired it and called the importers rep. Next day I had a call from the shop in question to bring it in for repair. Fixed but never quite right so sold it and 5 years ago got another Marlin to replace it, ironically from the same shop because their customer service is now top notch.

That store is only used for trying on boots etc when buying online.
    Maybe would have bought there before.

I did try really hard to buy 3 rifles, a leupold VX5 scope, and a shotgun (all new guns) from a local hunting and fishing supplier over the last 2 years.
    They just were not even interested in the least, so I brought from another branch down south who kindly shipped it to the local for pickup........................... from the same guys who totally ignored me. I would much rather my $$ go to local stores but its all too hard it seems.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Seems the higher up the chain of importers you go, the less they care SW it's all about control games.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I did try really hard to buy 3 rifles, a leupold VX5 scope, and a shotgun (all new guns) from a local hunting and fishing supplier over the last 2 years.
    They just were not even interested in the least, so I brought from another branch down south who kindly shipped it to the local for pickup........................... from the same guys who totally ignored me. I would much rather my $$ go to local stores but its all too hard it seems.

Unsurprisingly we were burgled I had a 35k insurance cheque to delete for home appliances I went after work dusty no shower work truck Takapuna Auckland got looked at like I was shop lifting but not once asked if i was happy to look or can I be helped. Went to the next store sorted great staff . Took the goods via trailer back to store #1 asked tweedle dee and tweedle dumb for the boss manager came and showed him my trailor and gave a back storey as to why I was in his carpark . I observed from a distance when in that complex again but never sore thoughs two staff. My heckles obviously well and truely stand up with poor service
    superdiver, BSA270 and csmiffy like this.

You think it's bad now, wait until the cost of import permit's hits. Importers will give even less than 1/3 of a F***
    veitnamcam, norsk, BSA270 and 1 others like this.
    ‘Facts don’t care about your feelings’

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    With an up and coming trip iv spent abit of dosh the past 2 weeks. New purchases are exciting but excitement can vary on the level of service you get espically when theirs a fault . Two stand out of the recents starting with the highlight which has being the MTN Stick iv had the Mountain MTN Bipod for awhile now and love it after much chatting with Matt I took the plunge on the stick and first impressions are flat out brilliant as usual pre sales after sales questions are prompt and honest pros cons what ever you want you wont be led astray a massive shout out to anyone debating purchasing buy with confidence. On the lowlight is a gps I bought faulty our of the box sent back today phoned the company got called an idiot for sending it back as "I could have fixed it over the phone it only needs to be plugged into a computer" to which I politely in fewer words said "liesten here fuck head sending it back was my last resort I spent 6 hours of my weekend not loading ammo and packing trawling threw forums and Garmins trouble shooting guides to sort this its buggered I need another by Thursday please" he not so kindly said " if its an energency you should have same day couriered it and I hope you didnt use fastways" its news to me theirs a same day courier service and I actually used the company they sent it with so chill mate . Il be calling them tomorrow at 3pm to hopfully here him back track on how stupid I am and send me a new one or the fixed one i dont really care until then il refrain from naming the company because id hate to slander them over are shithead staff member il follow up tomorrow be it good or bad.
    If it was GC please PM me details and I can get the right people on the case.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Unsurprisingly we were burgled I had a 35k insurance cheque to delete for home appliances I went after work dusty no shower work truck Takapuna Auckland got looked at like I was shop lifting but not once asked if i was happy to look or can I be helped. Went to the next store sorted great staff . Took the goods via trailer back to store #1 asked tweedle dee and tweedle dumb for the boss manager came and showed him my trailor and gave a back storey as to why I was in his carpark . I observed from a distance when in that complex again but never sore thoughs two staff. My heckles obviously well and truely stand up with poor service
    youve watched Pretty Woman too many times Dude......
    nzspearo and Buffer like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

There are a couple of dudes in Matakohe and Tokoroa whom combine service with highest quality products. Still they think it goes hand in hand. Maybe they are relics from the past?
    Micky Duck and BSA270 like this.