Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: zastava 223

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    I have been in the market for one too, looked at the Zastava, thing that put me off was the bolt slop and rougher action, Thats not to say it wouldn't have shot well, just a personal thing I have for engineering tolerances! Ended up getting a howa which is a bit heavier but wasn't a concern for me, there is a nice tikka lsa55 in .222 on TM at the moment.

.222 Tikka | Trade Me
    that tikkas nice, but thats the 308 length action and weight. far heavyer than the zastava

Re: zastava 223

I couldnt have a cz or a sako for that matter i couldnt use it like i wanted and would be forever scared id ding it up. Anyway i want a zastave to chop the shit out of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    that tikkas nice, but thats the 308 length action and weight. far heavyer than the zastava
    Yeah they are heavier, but my Dad has a LSA65 in .270 and it is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever shot, the finns can sure build a rifle!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    They are all 3006 long action length aren't they.

I was looking at getting something better than the Zastava until I took it to the range with Hornady Training ammo and got under 1/2" groups at 100m. It is nice and light to sling on my back when carrying the 22lr when rabbit walloping. Before hitting the range I'd been looking at the other options and none really appealed. What is the advantage of controlled feed? I know the Zastava certainly spits empties out OK and put fresh ones up the spout.
    Micky Duck likes this.

[QUOTE=gadgetman;50510]They are all 3006 long action length aren't they.

No the LSA55 is a short .308 length action, the LSA65 is a long action>
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

[QUOTE=Spudattack;50529]
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    They are all 3006 long action length aren't they.

No the LSA55 is a short .308 length action, the LSA65 is a long action>
    Sorry was thinking of the T3; all built on the same length action. I was a bit disappointed to find that the rifle I wanted was the one I already had.

Controlled feed is only really important on a dangerous game rifle, it stops jams if you short-stroke the bolt when the adrenalin is pumping and it will kick out the cartridge already picked up. A push feed will leave the first cartridge in the chamber and then pick up another and jam up, not fun when a Cape Buffalo is pissed off! It also has a larger contact area on the case rim so extraction is more positive if you have a stuck case. Nothing wrong with a push feed for varminting etc.
    It is desirable as it is a more expensive feature and is one of the main selling points of the Mauser k98 action, so when they advertise the Zastava as a "mini mauser" immediately you think of controlled feed which it is not!
    Blisters likes this.

Thanks for that!

i think il sell the ruger and get the zastava
    Micky Duck likes this.

Re: zastava 223

Or you could put the ruger on a diet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Savage Lightweight Hunter is 2.5kg (5.5lb) if you're wanting to save even more weight, closer to the CZ than the Zastava for price (and quality) though.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Savage Lightweight Hunter is 2.5kg (5.5lb) if you're wanting to save even more weight, closer to the CZ than the Zastava for price (and quality) though.
    With the advantage of a 1 in 9 twist.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    With the advantage of a 1 in 9 twist.
    Has the same advantage as the marlin XS7
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I have a wood stocked Zastava. Chopped to 19" and suppressed with a GW lightweight over barrel.
    Performs very well. It shoots as good as I can - (which some say is like a blind man with parkinsons )
    I won't get rid of this one. It's a keeper
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    It shoots as good as I can - (which some say is like a blind man with parkinsons )
    Cracked me up! Glad you found a keeper - everyone likes different things but its always great when a rifle is just what you want.