Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: zastava 223

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    I have a wood stocked Zastava. Chopped to 19" and suppressed with a GW lightweight over barrel.
    Performs very well. It shoots as good as I can - (which some say is like a blind man with parkinsons )
    I won't get rid of this one. It's a keeper
    I'd have to say I'm the same.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Hi @major. I'm liking the Zastava, too. Have a look at https://www.protactical.com.au/brows...ory/173-rifles to find out a bit more about them than vague opinions can offer.

Good luck
    Ken
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    Hi @major. I'm liking the Zastava, too. Have a look at https://www.protactical.com.au/brows...ory/173-rifles to find out a bit more about them than vague opinions can offer.

Good luck
    Ken
    Ummmm...you do realize @major was posting in 2012, right?

But anyway good on ya for reviving the thread. I just bought one off the forum but won't get to collect it for a while so need all the reassurance I can get lol
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Jhon my good man...you will LOVE IT......seriously great wee rifles....work bolt like you mean it,feed it 50-55grn projectiles and just enjoy it for what it is....simple accurate great wee rifle.
    you can make them lighter...if you really want to.... still undecided if mine will stay in the lightweight ugly stock I made up or will put it back in origonal...time will tell.
    Jhon likes this.

Hi @Jhon. No, my eyes are still recovering from surgery and didn't spot the date. Never mind - I still like the look of the Zastava, particularly the M70. The link I posted is Australian, tho, and I don't have a clue who retails them here.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    Hi @Jhon. No, my eyes are still recovering from surgery and didn't spot the date. Never mind - I still like the look of the Zastava, particularly the M70. The link I posted is Australian, tho, and I don't have a clue who retails them here.
    Haha, my eyes are probably that bad without surgery but there you go. Hope your surgery works out well. If you didn't notice I was quite pleased to see the topic raised. Interesting that in 2012 the Zastava was under $800 new. What do they go for these days new? Can they still be got?

If you can find one, the earlier ones marked made in Yugoslavia seem to be better finished and closer toleranced than the Serbian marked ones. Irrespective they are very well made rifles.

mine and a few of the others in forum hands has the CZ symbol...so they are basically Brunos..... another brother from a different mother sort of Brunos.
    there was one shown here recently that also had solid bridge mount the same as mine...and price...I paid $799 25 years ago,rifle fitted with 3x9x40 nikko stirling gold crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Haha, my eyes are probably that bad without surgery but there you go. Hope your surgery works out well. If you didn't notice I was quite pleased to see the topic raised. Interesting that in 2012 the Zastava was under $800 new. What do they go for these days new? Can they still be got?
    There are a handful of second hand ones on the GC website.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I bought one recently from a forum member. Yugoslav version in a plastic stock. I tried it out quickly with some Sako factory ammo, and it easily shot MOA. So I set to re-stocking it but quickly found a couple of issues.
    1. Rear stock-to-action screw wasn’t machined square to the action. Leans rearward.
    2. Front stock-to-action screw is machined 0.015” off centre, and is also machined crooked. Leans left.

So trying to get wonky guide screws to fit in parallel holes in the stock blank just wasn’t going to work. No drama though, it’s now with Allen Carr getting the holes bored, inserts added and new straight square holes bored and threaded. He’s also making some new stock screws made up, as the threads on the old ones were toast due to misalignment.

Despite that, it’s still the best option for me to build a really nice light trim walkabout rifle. Sako vixen would be top choice, but getting harder to find. The zastava has nice bottom metal which (for me) puts it well ahead of the Howa mini. I’ve got a BSA mini which is good, but full diameter action so makes it heavier than the M85.

Name:  117D75F5-45B5-4830-9175-499FB5B2E15C.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  224.1 KB
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    If you can find one, the earlier ones marked made in Yugoslavia seem to be better finished and closer toleranced than the Serbian marked ones. Irrespective they are very well made rifles.
    Yes mine is an older Yugoslavia stamped one. Have yet to put hands on it, with a mate who collected it for me until we are let out of jail.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhon View Post
    Yes mine is an older Yugoslavia stamped one. Have yet to put hands on it, with a mate who collected it for me until we are let out of jail.
    If it's in a black plastic stock it will most likely be one the previous importers to Marston brought in as barrelled actions which were married up to plastic stocks of variable quality some of which were a bit bendy and the front end would warp if left in the sun as mine did.
    I free floated mine and found they were supposed to be pressure bedded so i ended up bedding the action and and 2 inches of barrel with epoxy and putting a fibreglass rod in the fore end to stiffen it now that made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    If it's in a black plastic stock it will most likely be one the previous importers to Marston brought in as barrelled actions which were married up to plastic stocks of variable quality some of which were a bit bendy and the front end would warp if left in the sun as mine did.
    I free floated mine and found they were supposed to be pressure bedded so i ended up bedding the action and and 2 inches of barrel with epoxy and putting a fibreglass rod in the fore end to stiffen it now that made a difference.
    No it is wooded

Lucky you then.

I have one that I think has wonky action screws or wonky stock. It shoots like a laser though so I prefer to live with the fact rather than interfere with accuracy of this nature. These guns are a bit agricultural when you operate the bolt, but they mean business, are made to be used and mine hasn’t missed yet. It has fallen with me down a cliff, into a creek and under water, and has broken my fall a few times too. Every time I thought it would need re-zero, it hasn’t yet.
    Micky Duck, Jhon and Hunter_Nick like this.