Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Petrol v diesel economy

Ouch, you must be a wee bit away from the depot...

Quote Originally Posted by Jukes View Post
    Yes, Diesel is more expensive in AUS than 98, slightly.
    Always used this app or website when it came time to fill up, would be good if we had one similar in NZ. Gives you the price of different fuels on a map.
    https://petrolspy.com.au/map/latlng/...40673104509017

I know a lot of farmers (I know) like diesel, as they can run their vehicles off their tractor fuel supply (negating some road tax in fuel prices ~ 20C/L) but "only for farm use" and "require" pump gas for road use
    The workshop that services my ute told me a couple of his clients got caught out claiming gst on diesel while tampering with their speedo and got stung for the rucs they hadn't paid.
    Pack out heavy

Quote Originally Posted by paremata View Post
    The workshop that services my ute told me a couple of his clients got caught out claiming gst on diesel while tampering with their speedo and got stung for the rucs they hadn't paid.
    Modern utes go into limp mode if you even look funny at the odo - I haven't heard of a way around that one yet. I had a safari odo that was probably wound on the way in off the boat - I got it off a farm needing rust repairs and cheap as chips so I wasn't too worried at the time but the interesting thing was it developed a fault that the 10,000km number would wind over then click back to the previous. I was just careful to make sure the thing was a few k up each WOF and no one asked. Yeah it's only a toy har har doesn't do many K's... The next guy who brought it off me got pinged a couple of years after I sold it and they got a lot more strict on diesel odo's, he reckoned it was bloody painful. They made him repair it and get it certified, there was only two outfits doing it in NZ at the time (one in each island) and it was a month turnaround and it made his wallet pocket scream.

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Modern utes go into limp mode if you even look funny at the odo - I haven't heard of a way around that one yet. I had a safari odo that was probably wound on the way in off the boat - I got it off a farm needing rust repairs and cheap as chips so I wasn't too worried at the time but the interesting thing was it developed a fault that the 10,000km number would wind over then click back to the previous. I was just careful to make sure the thing was a few k up each WOF and no one asked. Yeah it's only a toy har har doesn't do many K's... The next guy who brought it off me got pinged a couple of years after I sold it and they got a lot more strict on diesel odo's, he reckoned it was bloody painful. They made him repair it and get it certified, there was only two outfits doing it in NZ at the time (one in each island) and it was a month turnaround and it made his wallet pocket scream.
    I can not confirm or deny that a waikato mechanic, a for a bottle of spirits per wof used to knock the k's back on nissans,
    allegedly had the drill adaptor for the speedos, was only meant to be used to bring new speedos up to the current km with out re-certing.
    who knows tho, battery drills are so hard to get right these days, forward reverse or neutral.
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I think people who mess with speedos are c....ts.
    Its fraud.
    If I buy a vehicles with x number of kms on the clock I expect it to be accurate.
    The type of pricks who run switches and wind back clocks are usually really good at abusing people who rip them off.
    If you don't like paying diesel miles for off road kms run a GPS and claim it back legitimately.
    Shit, you just killed this thread!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    Markgibsonr25 likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Type speedo correction into facebook market place and there are plenty of people who will make your ute speedo read what ever you want. Cant do a hilux or a navara most of them say.

Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    Type speedo correction into facebook market place and there are plenty of people who will make your ute speedo read what ever you want. Cant do a hilux or a navara most of them say.
    Yes, but when the dealer plugs in at service time I understand the true mileage is there.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Some Auckland gas stations are $3.11.9 for diesel this evening.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Fuck me
    I got 260 here that I filled with yesterday
    Weird guess Auks have more money eh.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What's got me is that some affluent suburbs are 30 - 40 cents cheaper that the two stations I saw tonight in Mangere & Favona.

Ouch, last one I passed in Tauranga was 2.55 a litre diesel (well 54.9c). Ouch...

$2.65 yesterday here in Hanmer but the new NPD in Culverden was $2.50 for diesel. I usually put just enough in here to get me to either Culverden or Amberley where I can then fill up for a reasonable price, note I didn't say a good price.
    Micky Duck likes this.

When I started bying diesel it was 0.66c a Litre. I remember thinking my throat had be sliced when it went up to 0.92c a litre...
    Micky Duck likes this.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    When I started bying diesel it was 0.66c a Litre. I remember thinking my throat had be sliced when it went up to 0.92c a litre...
    Shit I remember thinking the end of the world arrived when it hit 50c a litre.
    Didn’t know how lucky I actually was
    Micky Duck and trapperjohn like this.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Yip, I climbed out of Dunedin heading north at 59c a liter
    Didn't really understand the road tax thing at the time.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?