Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: NZHS Rimfire Postal Shoot

Scored Kiwijames and Ginga's entries this morning, both north island entries. kiwijames was correct one score was above the team average the other was below it. Ginga shot a very good cat target.

I was hoping someone would enter with a 17 caliber buit noone has yet. Everyone has entered using a .22lr.

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    mine will also be done today but i have to check the rules??
    Do they allow shooting jackets an slings? etc?
    Shooting jackets are fine. The sling is fine but you have to start the time limit in the magpie and possum target with it off your arm. You can have the rifle loaded and all ready to go just don't put the sling on your arm till the time limit starts. The cat you can do want you want to get ready for the 30 seconds.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Shooting jackets are fine. The sling is fine but you have to start the time limit in the magpie and possum target with it off your arm. You can have the rifle loaded and all ready to go just don't put the sling on your arm till the time limit starts. The cat you can do want you want to get ready for the 30 seconds.
    Sweet as have that sorted will do mine today............also with .17hmr have put the target barrel on my feinwerkbau so will give it a burn with apeture sights............................................ .tho have tapped the back cricle over the targets so i have something to aim at

hmmmm... dunno about that tui_man2. Modifying the target to give it a distint aiming mark... you can't do that on a actual animal. Using apeture sights is your choice, centering the target over the top of a larger target to give you something to aim at i am ok with. Not having a distint aiming mark on the targets is part of the challenge of the shoot and so i do not think putting something over the top of the target to make it easier is in line with the spirit of the shoot.

Of course this is a postal shoot so i won't really know what you did with your targets either.

it pays to check the rules - Westy and I started UNLOADED lol whoops.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

AB Precision

Re: NZHS Rimfire Postal Shoot

hmmmm... dunno about that tui_man2. Modifying the target to give it a distint aiming mark... you can't do that on a actual animal. Using apeture sights is your choice, centering the target over the top of a larger target to give you something to aim at i am ok with. Not having a distint aiming mark on the targets is part of the challenge of the shoot and so i do not think putting something over the top of the target to make it easier is in line with the spirit of the shoot.

Of course this is a postal shoot so i won't really know what you did with your targets either.
    That's sweet mate I flagged that. Put a scope on I'll but with 25power you know where your aiming lol. P.m. your address I'll get them away. Probly been asked, inwood or outwood gauging?

Also can you have loaders on the fast shoot? Been single shot?

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    it pays to check the rules - Westy and I started UNLOADED lol whoops.
    Sheezus, got a whole new understanding of your score if you guys were starting unloaded!

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    That's sweet mate I flagged that. Put a scope on I'll but with 25power you know where your aiming lol. P.m. your address I'll get them away. Probly been asked, inwood or outwood gauging?

Also can you have loaders on the fast shoot? Been single shot?
    No problem with a bit of help loading
    No gauging as such (i.e. a 17 hole will not be gauged up to 22) but it is inward scoring. If you cut the line with the projectile you get the higher of the scores.

Heh heh heh, the South Island now officially have two entries! And now the team averages get really interesting as well! If you haven't got your entry in then i suggest you do real soon. It just about close enough now that one additional entry on either team would make the difference!

Impure Lead Flinger
    LOl mine was pretty bad.... but it was what it was

AB Precision
    mine should help bring it back up but my rifle an gear kind of make it cheating tho, was going to do my marlin 17hmr also but it got a "bump" when i rolled my rhino........
    so flagged that as had farm stuff to do also, but got the one done will get targets away tomorrow

Impure Lead Flinger
    lame excuse I know but my weeping wound in my side makes it hard for me to shoot at the moment i have to twist a funny way.

AB Precision

Re: NZHS Rimfire Postal Shoot

Adam has my targets to get away today since he's up to fuck all haha:thumbup:

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2
    veitnamcam likes this.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Ive scanned them and sent them away to GILLIE...

Thats my job for the day, my day is over........ Now to trawl the forum all day bwahahahahahahaha.....
    Dougie likes this.

Thanks Adam, i recieved Tui_man's targets. As expected a very good score. Amazing shooting on the rabbit target, be interesting to see what rifle and ammo you were using for that.
    I got Feather or Shoots entry last night as well.

Pretty certain thats all the entries we are going to get. 14 entries in all, 11 for the North Island, 3 for the South.
    I'll confirm all the scores tonight and give people to the end of the day to get any more entries to me (rules are rules). I'll post the final results tomorrow.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 31-07-2012, 11:08 AM