Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: NZHS Rimfire Postal Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Happy birthday GILLIE
    Ha! had me worried there for a minute! But thatnks anyway only about 4 months late i suppose.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    My mistake happy birthday Gilly who ever you are
    AS the shame of realisation sets in... Cam slowly sulks off to the corner lol

I was looking / reading through the show us your varmint rifles thread before and got to wondering if we couldn't run another shoot just for varmint rifles. Say the rabbit at 100m, magpie at 150m, possum at 200m and the wild cat at 300m? Any caliber, any rifle, any accessories, unlimited sighters, no gauging, no wind flags, extended time limits imposed... Maybe we could divide the 300m score by your bullets G1 ballistic coefficient to even up the competition a bit.

Run it a bit alter in the year or over the summer when the weather should be abit better and the days a bit longer.

With paper targets though at those distances you might struggle to spot hits... scoring rings are all over 1MOA at those distances - should be no problem for all these people shooting 0.5MOA rifles!

Impure Lead Flinger
    Hell yes that will be interesting to see all the 1/2 MOA rifles... lets rip into it lol

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Hell yes that will be interesting to see all the 1/2 MOA rifles... lets rip into it lol
    Ha ha. James quickly rushes off to TardeMe to buy up on the overwhelming supply of 1/2 MOA and better rifles for sale (mostly T3's).

When i get some time i'll run out the range with my 260 and some targets. Test them out at distance. Might show up more my own ability rather than if the shoot format is realistic

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    I was looking / reading through the show us your varmint rifles thread before and got to wondering if we couldn't run another shoot just for varmint rifles. Say the rabbit at 100m, magpie at 150m, possum at 200m and the wild cat at 300m? Any caliber, any rifle, any accessories, unlimited sighters, no gauging, no wind flags, extended time limits imposed... Maybe we could divide the 300m score by your bullets G1 ballistic coefficient to even up the competition a bit.

Run it a bit alter in the year or over the summer when the weather should be abit better and the days a bit longer.

With paper targets though at those distances you might struggle to spot hits... scoring rings are all over 1MOA at those distances - should be no problem for all these people shooting 0.5MOA rifles!
    Well how about the format above as suggested and all start from standing unloaded 5m back... 3 min timeframe on the lot
    Same targets obviously so PM sneeze for them if you dont have it or me cos ive got them too...
    Start a new thread for the new format shoot..
    Someone new to host it and be oficial scorer if gillies not keen or overrun or busy!!
    NTH Vs STH again
    Cut off date say End of OCTOBER

Only fair to get it underway im easy if your all not, speak up people!!!..

Once we have this one out the way we could do a longrange type one?

Im gonna need a varmint rifle now

I'm keen but will have to be hosted , don't mind to travel , have been known to enjoy a fizzy after guns away

R93
    I suggested a long range one ages ago but it never took off. Thanks to Gillie's effort I can see it working now.
    If there is to be a varmit one I reckon there should be a projectile weight or BC restriction?
    I own accurate 6.5's but wouldnt class them as varmit rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    Well how about the format above as suggested and all start from standing unloaded 5m back... 3 min timeframe on the lot
    Same targets obviously so PM sneeze for them if you dont have it or me cos ive got them too...
    Start a new thread for the new format shoot..
    Someone new to host it and be oficial scorer if gillies not keen or overrun or busy!!
    NTH Vs STH again
    Cut off date say End of OCTOBER

Only fair to get it underway im easy if your all not, speak up people!!!..

Once we have this one out the way we could do a longrange type one?
    Am happy to host/run and score again. Just i will be out of touch between September 14th and October 6th. Am happy to let someone else do it as well.
    Format wise i am assuming you don't want to shoot 5 rounds at all four targets in under 3 minutes... i like my barrel enough i am not going to try and burn it out that fast

3 minutes would be fine at all four targets at there different distances if you were firing one or two at each of them. The distances are short so bugger all to dial in the scope. That would also bring the shoot round count down. Most people don't worry about firing of 20 shots with the .22LR but if 20 rounds is costing you $80 down the shop then they might think twice.

I was talking with a printing company the other day about getting some A1 size targets printed. Would make a small deer target but fun all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I suggested a long range one ages ago but it never took off. Thanks to Gillie's effort I can see it working now.
    If there is to be a varmit one I reckon there should be a projectile weight or BC restriction?
    I own accurate 6.5's but wouldnt class them as varmit rigs.
    The longer the distances get the harder it will be for people to compete. Nothing about their ability just about finding places to shoot.
    The caliber/BC restriction is an interesting point. I tried to get round that by dividing the 300m score by the projectile BC i.e. the lower the BC the more your score would be increased with the conversion of course you still have to hit a scoring ring...

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Am happy to host/run and score again. Just i will be out of touch between September 14th and October 6th. Am happy to let someone else do it as well.
    Format wise i am assuming you don't want to shoot 5 rounds at all four targets in under 3 minutes... i like my barrel enough i am not going to try and burn it out that fast

3 minutes would be fine at all four targets at there different distances if you were firing one or two at each of them. The distances are short so bugger all to dial in the scope. That would also bring the shoot round count down. Most people don't worry about firing of 20 shots with the .22LR but if 20 rounds is costing you $80 down the shop then they might think twice.

I was talking with a printing company the other day about getting some A1 size targets printed. Would make a small deer target but fun all the same!
    Good point on the time limit but 5 shots is barely enough to warm the BBL... I usually do about 6-8 in my good BBLs before I let emm cool...
    Ok drop the time limit then?

Id host it but ill be at sea from 22nd sept to 28th oct..

If simon was still to host then plenty of people have the targets around here to email them anyway and 6th oct to the end of the month gives people plenty of time to get the targets in to him?

So are we agreed and a GO???

Impure Lead Flinger
    I vote we drop the BC conversions as 300 is not enough to make much difference.. We will just get guys using accurate low BC pills to increase score...

At that range its all about the accuracy of the rifle and the skills of the shooter..

If anyone from the north wants to give this a go and let me have a blat, I can travel, and I bake really nice cupcakes...
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

LinkBacks (?)

1. 31-07-2012, 11:08 AM