Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Deleting profile to escape n get out of this place

I believe "The one who shall not be named "got his account and posts deleted, so that is not impossible to do.
    Micky Duck and Cordite like this.

Nope, the idiots posts are still here, I just looked.
    dogmatix, Micky Duck and outlander like this.

My bad

lumberjack?????? was the closest I got to working out who that piece of pondscum was....

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    I believe "The one who shall not be named "got his account and posts deleted, so that is not impossible to do.
    I mean, we can choose to delete whoever we like. I'm just not aware whether users have the ability to delete themselves. I am expending zero effort investigating.

I gave the answer.....
    Moa Hunter likes this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    I can understand wanting to erase all tracks of yourself and your opinions off the internet. If the account itself cannot be deleted, maybe delete all of your comments (not sure if that is possible) if you don't want someone finding out who you might be, do not use the same username you used here on another website in the future. I don't think 35whelen is saying they hate the site, but just want to delete their presence off the internet as a whole as much as possible. After all, maybe in some dystopian future, a dear leader will find something you said two decades ago that is worthy of prosecution, and your entire family line will be punished for it. Just joking, probably wont happen. Maybe. Heard cases of people getting fired from a job because an angry internet mob found out that their father said something 'offensive' on a website one or two decades previously.
    That's one side of the coin. The other is the argument in favor of keeping everything so that the keyboard warriors who become completely unhinged do not get an opportunity to "sanitise" their posts.

To me, the ability to edit / correct your post for 30 minutes (or whatever it is), followed by it being here forever strikes a reasonable balance.
    BRADS, erniec, hamsav and 6 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

I think the internet was a mistake.

I think Fawls' cartoon of some days ago sums it up best:

Name:  duty_calls.png
Views: 206
Size:  13.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I think the internet was a mistake.
    Most probably. It’s here to stay though. Best we make the most of the positives…..one of which is this forum… in all it’s glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    northdude and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    OK to answer ORIGONAL POSTERS QUESTION........
    Well done......an excellent "work around." I must remember that....may come in useful:>)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    All of those topics do exist on this forum MH... Along with reviews of gear, reloading info etc.
    Yes, absolutely they do exist on the forum. What I meant was that I admire posts where there are photos of the end use of the animal as well as the field action all on the same post. That is what I meant by 'photos of dead animals in isolation' where only a dead animal is shown in the post ( in isolation).
    I am not intending to seem over sensitive about dead animal photos, just pragmatic about public perception of hunting sports. Look at how many Rodeos have been stopped by animal rights groups who think a bull is really harmed by being ridden.
    ebf, hamsav, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    But here's the thing. For these things to flourish as you want, that ought to be where your energy goes. How often do you begin them? How often do you contribute to them? Compared to how often you dwell on Covid and towers??

I repeat, there is a segment on here that simply want to dwell on the negative, the unrelated and the bull shit. They make a fool of a very good hunting and shooting forum.
    I disagree with the assertion " there is a segment on here etc. and that they make a fool etc." I contend that it is the members that loose their tempers and attack the person and not the post that disrupt the forum. If we can accept that happening as normal in any group of people sharing their opinions, the forum becomes a great learning tool for those of us not well versed in online debate.
    To control what topics are posted is an attack on free speech and freedom of expression. Would you have us give up those rights voluntarily to censorship?
    As far as my own posting and thread starting have a look.

And my best wishes to the OP in their future path
    outlander and mimms2 like this.

northdude
    It would be dead as fuk. A lot of the peoole that constantly whinge about the off topic threads are quite happy to point out that everyone should only be posting hunting and gun posts and they dont even do it themselves. Heres a gun topic to discuss sorry if its been asked before what gun is the best what scope is the best what bullets should i use whats the best calber for me for hunting....
    Slug, Moa Hunter and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    It would be dead as fuk. A lot of the peoole that constantly whinge about the off topic threads are quite happy to point out that everyone should only be posting hunting and gun posts and they dont even do it themselves. Heres a gun topic to discuss sorry if its been asked before what gun is the best what scope is the best what bullets should i use whats the best calber for me for hunting....
    Seeing as you asked, it is .303 with fixed power X 4 Tasco scope and FMJ projectiles with hollow point drilled in your home workshop.
    john m, Kiwi Sapper and outlander like this.