Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Deleting profile to escape n get out of this place

Quote Originally Posted by 35whelen View Post
    Where abouts in the settings is the burn and delete my profile button...? I'm going to jettison the internet and go back to the 1970s living meat & Veg life style and writing with a pencil.....
    Can't delete I think. You could of course just put all sorts of deflective stuff in your profile to make it totally impossible to guess it was you and then just leave the profile dormant.

Problem of say deleting a facebook profile, as in totally deleting it, is that all your FB posts ever made on any FB forum will disappear forever too -- including your comments on your grandkid's this and that photo etc. But at least they do give you that particular nuclear button to use to tidy up after yourself.

Here is a guy who went to delete his FB account, watch what happens:

An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I think the internet was a mistake.
    Yeah. It has made for some brave cowards. Like anything A mix of good and tugboatery. No forum, or FB group is immune from it.

Yeah, but only a partial truth. Just as likely an argument to say that its a far more level playing field than one dominated by surplus of physicality and low intellect...
    Dago likes this.

The only person who's managed to delete their posts has been Tussock, way back when he was a blue and spat the dummy initially. His posts were still there but they featured his name only - i.e. they were empty posts, unless where he was quoted.. This was eventually tidied up somehow.

There is no native user ability to delete either themselves, or their posts beyond the editing / delete window after the initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    same here . I don't think anyone would find what I usually call a hunt very exciting . Wandering around doc for 6 hrs to knock over a couple of goats wouldn't be particularly interesting to most here I wouldn't imagine , particularly as it would seem a large number of guys here can shoot deer out of their bedroom windows if the mood strikes them , let alone goats .
    But for me it's a day away from the rat race and welcome time in the bush . I have posted a few hunting stories but mainly they involve the kids .
    I posted a story about my new years fallow but have not shot a deer since .
    I even posted a story about my last hunting trip away a few months back where we shot nothing at all , in an effort to at least try and contribute to the hunting threads ......
    Some of us just don't have the hunting opportunities/experiences others have that make good reading , or get out often enough to post hunting yarns very often .

I went out 2 weekends ago just me and Remmy after goats . Drove for 2 hrs to our spot . Walked another hour and half before seeing our first goat , which the bloody dog decided to chase instead of point at . I spat the dummy , he walked out with head hung low , and we drove 2 hrs home again .
    Not a very interesting read eh .....
    it IS interesting....and some folks may have consoled you and maybe even given hints as to what will prevent same happening again.... I miss seeing goats.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Fuck, if I were to judge everyone I met in society by the existence of facebook .

ok heres a thought....IF Donald Trump hadnt had twitter etc and media HADNT spouted on and on and on and on and on about it and all the daft things he tweeted........ would he have looked a complete dick still????? or just a partial dick???
    think about it.
    Moa Hunter and Jhon like this.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    My mums name was Mrs Kerr
    nee king

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Ah ha... words like constitutional and priviledge creeping in now. I have a constitutional right to not have my freedom of choice imposed on by the state without rational reason and only justified, on balance my rights being infringed is a lessor harm that what will happen to others. That is the place we are at in the absence of a formalised constitutional documents, but in the reality that our current legislative framework creates. Not only that but the state does not bequeath priviledge, it is only capable of taking it away. My right to live breathe and make choices is not bestowed on by any govt.....

Why do we persist in not understanding that?

The fact that we don't have a constitutionally formalised recognition of our "infringed privileges" has no bearing on whether the current oppressive irrationality should be contested...

You can feel as privileged as you want about the state not being as onerous as it could be, but I know and so does every history student that the onset of an aggressive state against individual freedoms is not thwarted by pretending its not happening.

I have no objection to moderating idiocy, I think we have a responsibility to those not understanding that.... but no-one yet has provided a answer to my question??

If this is not a suitable place for thrashing out issues that affect us as a community - where is?
    that last line is good this place should be a place where the community should be able to freely vent get stuff off their chest and unwind. Unfortunately it looks like a few here would rather you shut the fuk up hold it in until one day you cant any more blow up and possibly go and do something stupid with a firearm then it will be the same people whinging like fuk because it reflects on them to. Ive run out of nice ways to say it if you don't like the topic piss off and read one you do like if you don't like the particular poster piss off and go and interact with a member you do like if the thread isn't harming anyone piss off and leave them alone. If you still just cant help your self go hang with cindy and you can have each others backs and keep each other safe you can even help her draft the new hate speech laws as it will be right up your alley go clean face book up with her then bring her here and clean this place up she will probably even give you a little smiley stamp on the back of your hand or even better a red star. Flame away...

northdude likes this.

northdude
    ouch

I have watched a couple of forums just die off.

It's generally because they just run out of subject matter and there are not enough new members coming in.Also a few fuckwits entrench themselves believing that just because no body argues with them they are in the right.

This,coupled with a "hidden forum" by invitation only where some of the former frequent posters or long term members hang out just means they don't engage on the forum anymore.

At the end of the day,if I walked into a pub and decided I didn't like it.I would turn around and leave. I wouldn't write all the reasons I thought it was shit all over the walls ,then expect it to change.Likewise if I was a Publican who felt the mood was changing I would take steps to move it the way I wanted it.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

northdude
    Yes but as we know there are plenty of people that have access to firearms that shouldnt the horse has already bolted on that one
    outlander likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    You are wrong. An anti gun person who most would know by name actually quoted to me what was said on here and used his forum and real name. Also referred to other people by their forum name. They scan it regularly. Where my meat goes to - the coordinator looked me up by my real name and it was linked to a pic I posted here. He commented on a particular thread - saying they obviously all aren’t like you.
    I hope that you told the 'anti gun person' that they are the worst type of scum that there is. Not because they are anti gun, but because they want to watch other people (spy) and report on others to the authorities. What do they hope to gain not uncover but 'gain' ? My Mrs grew up under East German commy rule. To gain advancement or privilege you had to be a member of the 'Party', if you wanted for example a better education for your kids then some part time spying and reporting on your neighbours to the Stasi would do it.
    Cordite, outlander and sometimes1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Ok thar find out who i really am and put it here on the forum you have my permission to do that...use what i have posted on here not personal details i have provided to you a long time ago
    You got the wrong end of stick there.
    I said "others". know who individuals are on here. I haven't a clue how they know or how they do it.
    I don't give a toss who you are. Or anyone on here.

northdude
    That last sentance would apply to the general population...