Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Shooting: The sport all of us enjoy - do your part in preserving the ability to do so

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    How will that work when he's speaking as the union president, not as a police officer?
    IPCA complaint and complaint to tvnz laid. Bringing nz police into disrepute, and conduct unbecoming by lying to the public and government.

and apart from that, even if it comes to nothing, they need to investigate. We get mucked around enough, the police can start doing some running around for a change.
    outdoorlad, AzumitH and 223nut like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Did he actually say that? ill log a complaint with IPCA if thats the case.
    Yes, just watched it. He said currently you do not need a licence to buy ammunition.

Was this guy previously a Police officer? He seems to make it up as hes going....I'm sure he will end up in the Labour Party at some stage

He also said normal firearms users have nothing to worry about as changes will not affect them.....
    Same guy published he wanted pistols, and other automatic firearms banned last week....

I'm sure Mr Cahill will be reading this...stop making shit up, you will keep getting caught out looking foolish.
    Our firearms laws actually work quite well despite your "dirty politics" media misinformation campaign.
    Yes they can be tweaked and this can be done sensibly with consultation of firearms user community to get a successful result.

ill contact paula bennett again and advise her that cahill is blatantly lying
    Sideshow likes this.

Even the TV host knows the Law as she came back and repeated correctly the Law I think

‘Daily reports of guns found on gang members’ – Police Association President - TV News Video | TVNZ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cahill
    "... I encourage them to have a look at the recommendations".
    Oh don't worry about that, we have.

The thing that really grinds my gears, is that cahill is a blatant liar, and there is no accountability. Yet for us, lose your license sonny.

"police can't check the storage of all firearms" Ummm don't know bout you folks but I had to get my safe inspected before I could get my licence

That guy is not of suitable intelligence to hold that position, thats got to be a concern to all.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    "police can't check the storage of all firearms" Ummm don't know bout you folks but I had to get my safe inspected before I could get my licence
    The police and their union want police to be able to do security checks at any time on people with A cat licences, just like they can do already with those who have B, C, and E licences.

Sounds like a good idea to me. One every 10 years when you know the guy is coming is hardly enough.

NZ First have increased security inspections as one of their policies too.

The police and their union want police to be able to do security checks at any time on people with A cat licences, just like they can do already with those who have B, C, and E licences.

Sounds like a good idea to me. One every 10 years when you know the guy is coming is hardly enough.

NZ First have increased security inspections as one of their policies too.
    Given the likely minimal benefit of doing this for a cat holders, I dont agree with it. It would be far more productive to you know, ensure people no longer have firearms when their license expires. Like how it wasnt checked with jaan molenar

Supposedly.

I have yet to have an annual check in 4 years - I even mentioned it to my AO last year during my last P2P - still waiting. Good luck expecting them to manage significantly increased volumes of checks!

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Given the likely minimal benefit of doing this for a cat holders, I dont agree with it. It would be far more productive to you know, ensure people no longer have firearms when their license expires. Like how it wasnt checked with jaan molenar
    Or investigating crimes, like burglary. Maybe improve on the <10% resolution rate.
    Steve123 likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Supposedly.

I have yet to have an annual check in 4 years - I even mentioned it to my AO last year during my last P2P - still waiting. Good luck expecting them to manage significantly increased volumes of checks!
    I said 'can do'. Not 'did do'.

I said 'can do'. Not 'did do'.
    And I'm saying that they don't do.
    mikee likes this.