Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    . But flexibility, mindfulness, the willingness and ability to adapt;
    I agree possessions can be taken away, in the video she explains historically how this has happened. However, it doesn't mean we have to conform to anti-freedom agendas. That is not adapting.

it would be unhealthy to assume that similar enjoyment cannot be obtained elsewhere in the event that life handed me a cruddy deck of cards or if a Hunger Games situation was forced upon the world...
    Why should we have to substitute for something else? I certainly wouldn't want to. Aside from your "cruddy deck of cards" I'll use your Hunger Games situation whereas that would put us in a dystopian future ruled by a tyrannical govt and I would not want to be unarmed, would you?

In that sense, I see the gun debate as totally justified (and especially from a democratic standpoint) but some of the emotion fuelled drivel being spouted by the likes of the NRA is akin to a little kid being deprived of their toy and allowing themselves to be deeply and emotionally affected by it. "We're losing our freedom!! Our lives are at stake!!" A bit of perspective can go a long way...
    I hear your angst on some of what the NRA spouts off but honestly, that is justified. Just look at what is happening here especially in the last 18 months with PNHQ and the main-stream media, nothing but lies & deceit. A total disgrace and very undemocratic.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 07-06-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Points taken

Yes, the NZ police and our government have a lot to answer for.

Shooting and hunting make up a large part of the fabric that is NZs past and present, and it's vital we continue to voice our concerns about unjust restrictions being imposed on us.
    Last edited by Frodo; 08-06-2017 at 12:58 AM.
    Sasquatch likes this.