Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Shooting: The sport all of us enjoy - do your part in preserving the ability to do so

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    With a snowed under system you have no sale....sell anyway="criminal"

If you voted labour or national in the last 20 years you led us here.
    There's more important things to consider for New Zealand, when voting in an election, than permits to procure for what are essentially toys.

Like health, education, housing, employment etc.
    Solo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MeOverU View Post
    Just wondering if this will mean there will be any changes on types of weapons we can by with each type of endorsement?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Well yes as they have recommended the Police go away and come up with a new classification for ALL semi auto firearms and also Police to come up with what they think security requirements should be.

Basically whatever Police made in their secret submission.

As above, if the Police get what they want I think they just want to make it really hard to purchase and import firearms by making process difficult is I think their aim to restrict as they have not been able to qualify new laws on any other reasonable grounds.

On another note to understand police on this new Police Union boss doesn't believe we should be allowed to legally shoot any pistols or mssa, or A cat semis.

Despite I'm sure at some stage of being a cop he done some training at one of NZ's pistol or NZDA ranges that also cater to Police.

I would support changes that allowed stricter penalties for people who breach the arms code or people that use guns in a crime, hopefully it becomes a deterrent. These recommended changes only penalize the law abiding. How do the police actually plan to enforce this? I waited two years for a safe inspection after moving house, and that only came after I moved again!
    veitnamcam and Beaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    What I found most disappointing was that there were only 400odd submissions made to the committee in the first place.
    A real missed opportunity.
    Well that is not entirely true as not necessarily a numbers game and there was some pretty good submissions made amongst some retard ones on the other side.

Not to mention select committee had a fair amount of time to accurately research facts on stated aim of enquiry and what they basically came back with is what everyone expected was what Police were telling them needs to happen.

I now believe NZ police top brass to be of a very low intellect level. They could have surely come up with some better ideas than they have.

I mean why have I ever been a little nervous being grilled by vetting officers over the years questioning anything and everything like exactly how many beers I drank when fit and proper person doesn't already cover gang members?
    Maca49 and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson21 View Post
    Well that is not entirely true as not necessarily a numbers game and there was some pretty good submissions made amongst some retard ones on the other side.

Not to mention select committee had a fair amount of time to accurately research facts on stated aim of enquiry and what they basically came back with is what everyone expected was what Police were telling them needs to happen.
    A submission rate of less than 0.174% of affected stake holders basically said we don't really care what happens, you MPs work it out.

Banned
    A submission rate of less than 0.174% of affected stake holders basically said we don't really care what happens, you MPs work it out.
    Isn't that what we elect MPs for?

It's not like people weren't given an opportunity to make submissions. I don't make submissions on all sorts of thinks that I don't care about, even if they may affect me in some way.

Should people have to make submissions?

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    There's more important things to consider for New Zealand, when voting in an election
    Yes, and fortunately for us shooters NZF is pretty good all round but we need at least one party that has our backs or else we can kiss this sport good-bye.

Than permits to procure for what are essentially toys.

You do have to keep in mind that the vast majority of those licence holders won't have the foggiest idea any of this is going on. Hard to respond to something you don't know is happening.
    veitnamcam and john m like this.

COLFO

Colfo breakdown of the report.

mkm
    Well at least the army is doing their bit to inspire the next generation in to owning MSSA weapons!

Guns big part of army leadership roadshow at primary schools | Stuff.co.nz
    Steve123 and 223nut like this.

I am going to write to the minster of Police the PM and my MP I know it probably won't have any affect other than add to the pile of emails they get each day as I have done it before all I got was a reply from their flunkies
    saying thank you,
    Any one who thinks there are more important issues like eduction, healthcare, housing in this election are fooling themselves if the police get away with it this time we may not have any firearms at the next election
    so get your heads out of the sand and fight back or we are heading for a police state,
    Don't vote for National Labour or the Greens all of them want your guns at present only NZ first has our backs I hope that the NZ Outdoors party can get organised in time would be good to have another choice for those
    that don't like Winston, MMP is all about tactical voting unfortunately most NZ'ers can't seem to figure it out otherwise we would not be in the position we are now, heading the way of the super nanny state England
    veitnamcam and Steve123 like this.

There's more important things to consider for New Zealand, when voting in an election, than permits to procure for what are essentially toys.

Like health, education, housing, employment etc.
    Don't see any proposed legislation to restrict any of the above though.

What I found most disappointing was that there were only 400odd submissions made to the committee in the first place.
    A real missed opportunity.
    I made my submission. I suspect most people didn't because they know doing so doesn't change anything except provide a little bit of feel-good factor.
    Steve123 and SlowElliot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm View Post
    Well at least the army is doing their bit to inspire the next generation in to owning MSSA weapons!

Guns big part of army leadership roadshow at primary schools | Stuff.co.nz
    Interestinglyly there seems to be no "direct supervision" here and given that these are most likely the real deal.......................... perhaps rules don't apply to the army as well as the police as they are not mere mortals like us
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

And the next big problem with the only useful bit they came up with will be the definition of 'gang member' without impinging on the rights of others.

Everything else is a complete contradiction of the aims stated at the beginning.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!