Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Shooting: The sport all of us enjoy - do your part in preserving the ability to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    And I'm saying that they don't do.
    do you do, the doo doo, if not, who do.
    Knoxy_09 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    And I'm saying that they don't do.
    So let's task them with doing something else. That they won't have time to do...

Had to laugh at that last stuff article with the photo of the sawn off, title operation walnut guess that was one of "those unlicensed hand guns"! Not much walnut left on that though

Who is losing all these firearms?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Who is losing all these firearms?
    Last I heard Plod was leaving them in dunnies. Maybe if the pricks solved burglaries less shitheads would embark on careers as thieving cunts.

I say hot water, TVs and wi fi removed from prisons.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Maybe if they don't want gang scum to have guns they shouldn't give them firearms licences. Try random warrantless searches on gang members and gang associates maybe? This Cahill prick is quickly evaporating the respect I have for Plod.
    JasonW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    @Savage1 and @Steve338 I would like to hear your opinions on this topic.
    To be honest I haven't read all of this thread.

In my opinion we have a problem with licenced people wilfully supplying weapons to non licenced undesirables, there is simply nothing that really discourages it. I personally know of a HH that bought 10+ AR15s over a few months along with a heap of other shotguns and had an empty safe when inspected and had no explanation for who had them.

Firearm possession amongst the criminal fraternities and incidents relating to it definitely have been on a steep rise in my area, it's becoming normal for them. I come across them often and have had them pointed at me and have mates that have been fired at.

I have only just read the summary, and the majority of it I agree with. I disagree with the permit to procure, no permission should be required, more of a electronic or simple form to notify where it's gone. Don't really agree with the 'make all semis Ecat' but can understand the thought process. Registering websites for sale of arms would never work.

Registration doesn't worry me, if they wanted m guns they would just come and get them.

I'm more of a 'what can I do to help' kind of guy rather than someone who sees them as the enemy. At a glance there was some very good points in that summary, re security and penalties etc. it certainly didn't look like the sky was falling to me but I haven't read the fine print. Having already having my E endorsement all this would effect me is by having some more paperwork out which is a bargain for some of the holes it will help to close. Except the P2P for all guns, that can piss off.

I'm doing this on my phone so I've probably left a heap out.
    223nut likes this.

Where do live grenades come from? Army losing shit as well?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post

In my opinion we have a problem with licenced people wilfully supplying weapons to non licenced undesirables, there is simply nothing that really discourages it. I personally know of a HH that bought 10+ AR15s over a few months along with a heap of other shotguns and had an empty safe when inspected and had no explanation for who had them.

Firearm possession amongst the criminal fraternities and incidents relating to it definitely have been on a steep rise in my area, it's becoming normal for them. I come across them often and have had them pointed at me and have mates that have been fired at.

I have only just read the summary, and the majority of it I agree with. I disagree with the permit to procure, no permission should be required, more of a electronic or simple form to notify where it's gone. Don't really agree with the 'make all semis Ecat' but can understand the thought process. Registering websites for sale of arms would never work.

Registration doesn't worry me, if they wanted m guns they would just come and get them.

I'm more of a 'what can I do to help' kind of guy rather than someone who sees them as the enemy. At a glance there was some very good points in that summary, re security and penalties etc. it certainly didn't look like the sky was falling to me but I haven't read the fine print. Having already having my E endorsement all this would effect me is by having some more paperwork out which is a bargain for some of the holes it will help to close. Except the P2P for all guns, that can piss off.

So why are the police issuing HH firearms licenses in the first place?
    Is not that a fail on the fit and proper for a start belonging to a criminal organization?

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Savage the real problem for me is the police not being open to us about what they want, it's a little clandestine doing things behind doors in secret with many , I suppose, that are not active hunters or enjoy any of the other legal activities of firearms. You mention the "enemy" I suggest a great mis trust because of this and topped off by a dick head who doesn't know his own law. I'm not upset at tighter security as long as the crims are dealt to, in announced invasion of my privacy is another matter. The polictical agenders don't help, appeasing the masses for votes, by picking on law abiding people, but that's another matter!
    veitnamcam and PERRISCICABA like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    So why are the police issuing HH firearms licenses in the first place?
    Is not that a fail on the fit and proper for a start belonging to a criminal organization?

I'm pretty sure a gang member had his licence revoked for being a gang member but challenged it in court and police were over ruled by the judge as apparently being a gang member isn't a good enough reason, but police still get blamed.

Often police aren't aware at the time that they're a gang member or associate or they become one later
    Carpe Diem likes this.

I'm pretty sure a gang member had his licence revoked for being a gang member but challenged it in court and police were over ruled by the judge as apparently being a gang member isn't a good enough reason, but police still get blamed.

Often police aren't aware at the time that they're a gang member or associate or they become one later
    So why aren't the Police Association making any mention of this? Or the fact current sentences for firearm offending are a joke? Why should some meth dealing stand over fuckheads have a right not to be searched but your union rep wants my right's as a citizen removed so my house can be searched at any time?

OK fair enough on that point then.....it's the only point I think needs to change tho.
    Police have shown over an over an inability to keep accurate records in the past what has changed that will enable them to have a fool proof,tamper proof,shopping list proof register of ownerships and sales?

mikee and Steve123 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Thanks for replying to the thread @Savage1 - your input is appreciated.