Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Shooting: The sport all of us enjoy - do your part in preserving the ability to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...jQ?usp=sharing

Some numbers finally. It's almost comical how flimsy this fabricated "problem" is.

Attachment 66860

Attachment 66861

Pistols and MSSA make up 4.19% and 1.62% respectively of firearms seized with a 10 year period.

Attachment 66862

Rising crime?

Attachment 66863

OK.

Attachment 66864

Wait... what? LooL.
    Ok so pistols are recorded via the permit to procure system. If police believe the majority of illegal pistols come from a formerly legal source, then in theory they could track that back to the origin by checking the pistol against a permit to procure. But they say they don't have much joy doing this. So why the fuck do they want to try and do it with the other 1 million + guns in the country?
    mikee and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Please excuse the plagurism but I have used the bulk of your letter Stu and emailed my local MP, the PM, Bennet and leaders of all other parties just now.
    also point out that shooting pest animals saves valuable nz bush and farmlands and at no cost to the govt

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Ok so pistols are recorded via the permit to procure system. If police believe the majority of illegal pistols come from a formerly legal source, then in theory they could track that back to the origin by checking the pistol against a permit to procure. But they say they don't have much joy doing this. So why the fuck do they want to try and do it with the other 1 million + guns in the country?
    When they say "seized firearns" are they including from licenced owners suffering mental health issues?

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    When they say "seized firearns" are they including from licenced owners suffering mental health issues?

Good call

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Good call
    I wish. The whole situation is severely fucked. Why the help should we follow any of Australia's laws. Useless pack of cunts we have representing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I wish. The whole situation is severely fucked. Why the help should we follow any of Australia's laws. Useless pack of cunts we have representing us.

Was meaning a 'good call' as in do those figures include those that should have their firearms sized. Someone who has had a few hard years (think earthquakes, death in the family, bankruptcy etc) is very different to a gang member getting firearms siezed.
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Was meaning a 'good call' as in do those figures include those that should have their firearms sized. Someone who has had a few hard years (think earthquakes, death in the family, bankruptcy etc) is very different to a gang member getting firearms siezed.
    I'm starting to get really concerned about police powers and the onus on having to prove innocence.
    Any transaction over $10k, pretty soon all your firearms except your 10/22 & semi auto shotty coz they've been banned. Any of your comunications etc. Didn't out grandad's fight against this very same shit. Didn't we denounce this shit when the commies were doing it?
    What the fuck is going on?

veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

Ejected
    Had no idea any of this was going one until the other day.

#17 in regards to revoking licences for failure to comply with security standards is an interesting one, especially when combined with those standards being at the discretion of the police.

So when it all takes affect and those that have historically got away with a locked cupboard etc and their checks come up for review and having no idea of the new rules, as a lot of people busy living their lives will be, I wonder if they will be revoked on the spot or if they will be given a grace period in which to comply.

The untrusting side says revoked as its a wick way to disarm a good portion quickly with the responsibility being put on the firearms owner to know all laws at all times in order to comply.

Also that p2p crap is stupid. Would they rather my house have firearms in it with no one around when I go on holiday for a few weeks or that I leave them with another vetted individual?
    veitnamcam, mikee, Tommy and 1 others like this.

Pretty hard to get an unbiased law when they have minute silence for port Arthur at the start! What's the minster for Tasmania doing here?
    Underhanded muck tards!
    That shooter got his guns from ones handed into the police in another part of there country!
    They caused there own problem, now they advise us

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet
    Also that p2p crap is stupid. Would they rather my house have firearms in it with no one around when I go on holiday for a few weeks or that I leave them with another vetted individual?
    I think you will find that the Police prefer that we would not have firearms at all to leave at home. Infact they seem to believer we are fit and proper criminals. Or so it would seem from their secret submission
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and Sideshow like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

@Savage1 and @Steve338 I would like to hear your opinions on this topic.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I'd love to see a televised interview/debate between Chris Cahill and someone from our side who would call him out on the bullshit stats the police provided the select committee, that don't even support the police narrative of increasing gun crime/violence.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Its clearly us and them...CUNTS.
    Welllll sort of, I'd like to see what joe plod thinks of this, some stats too. Is it just the police assoc? Particular areas? Old copper/new copper breakdown? Hate to tar all the police with this guy Cahill (have yet to decide what this particular animal is.. Liar? Yes, he certainly is, but why? What's the game here?)

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I'd love to see a televised interview/debate between Chris Cahill and someone from our side who would call him out on the bullshit stats the police provided the select committee, that don't even support the police narrative of increasing gun crime/violence.
    Unions never debate. They just shout.
    stretch likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

One of the troubles they have with the system here in the uk is if your firearms ticket expires while your waiting for your new one.....you are now in illegal possession of your own guns that's because of there back log even worse for gunsmiths and game keepers, sure they can issue you with a temporary permit, this makes you legal again.......BUT you can't use them our buy ammo.
    So they want to bring that in our something worse to NZ idiots!!!!!

Still at least there dealing with the real problem criminals with firearms .......idiots all a bunch of queer emus with there heads up there own ass.....

Feel for you guys

That's what you need to do make that the really question deal with the guys that are useing firearms in crime! If you make that the issue then you might come out ok, but at present I guess the police won't be back shooting at the gun club any time soon!

This is supposedly part of the Police submission

https://www.docdroid.net/euq1IzA/pol...f.html#page=11