Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: : Snipers vs. Competition Shooters

I'd like to see the avg. time for the best and worst of snipers vs. shooters on a 2.4km run ...
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    These examples are very few and t those ranges they have no return fire pressure -bullets travel longer also with less air density
    Dunno if its rare or common. The Yanks and Brits are the only ones who ever comment on their snipers - the rest of the world has more sense.
    Rooftop Execution - NCIS report provides details of sniper deaths

The sad thing in that article was that one of the slain soldiers knew He had it coming. They constantly set up in the same spot, used the same routes etc. The urban environment is far more dangerous than any jungle I reckon. One kid with a cell phone and you're screwed. He'll even post it on youtube for ya, with aweful arab music too

Digressing from the thread tho - I still rate the snipers ability to hit moving targets and range find manually. Being able to wait all day in the sun wearing a ghillie-suit. walking back 50kms when you know they're pissed and are doing their best to kill you personally. Knowing what the enemy will do if they do find you. Being able to shoot straight and accurately under that kind of pressure makes a joke out of the 'pressure' us civies feel during a competition. That bit is chalk and cheese

R93
    Pointless study, especially considering any fat prick can shoot targets and possibly achieve high honours.
    With a 1% pass rate in the NZ Army and low pass rates throughout most Nato forces, not everyone can be a sniper. Shooting is at most 10% of the job. I bet no moving targets were shot in the test.
    I would have thought field firing in some testing conditions would be included to make the results accurate across the board.
    ebf likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

something few shooters do shoot movers at distance!! 2.4 run with kit -id get a bus!! remember these snipers are pretty young guys -early twenty's to mid one thinks so a healthy civvy who is active would compete with practice in the run at least
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Banned
    still stroking your ego I see.well fuck a 2.5 run with kit.try full tack for two weeks covering in excess of 50km of ground on foot will staying undetected and actually completing your tasks.no???? to fucking hard??? but civis can use quads you say??.give me a break with this pussy shit fight, targets shooters are excellent target shooters.snipers train to kill and do it excellently!!!.
    ebf likes this.

R93
    Shame you were not around for the surprise battalion birthday Neckshot. One C.O bet the other that, his battalion could out walk the other. We all got to walk 134km in 36 hrs in FSMO to win a bet for the boss. I actually got/felt shitfaced on 1 can of beer after that wee jaunt. Never used to get blisters but I ended up with 18 between both feet.
    el borracho likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Shame you were not around for the surprise battalion birthday Neckshot. One C.O bet the other that, his battalion could out walk the other. We all got to walk 134km in 36 hrs in FSMO to win a bet for the boss. I actually got/felt shitfaced on 1 can of beer after that wee jaunt.
    it definalty levels the shit talkers out and shuts them up.pitty the same cant happen on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    still stroking your ego I see.well fuck a 2.5 run with kit.try full tack for two weeks covering in excess of 50km of ground on foot will staying undetected and actually completing your tasks.no???? to fucking hard??? but civis can use quads you say??.give me a break with this pussy shit fight, targets shooters are excellent target shooters.snipers train to kill and do it excellently!!!.
    what are you reading neckshot?the thread isnt about athleticism but pure shooting ability although it has wandered .I dont think anyone's trying to steal your mojo either just bantering about shooting .

R93
    I don't think Chris Kyle would have worried if he couldn't shoot v bulls all day.
    A movie coming out about him will no doubt confuse the differences between real soldiers and Hollywood fiction.

Purely better academic accuracy isn't the only factor to shooting ability, this is retarded

hehe funny how this thread goes from an obvious observation to them and us . Kris Kyle rest his soul and well worthy of a movie. A large point about marksmanship in the article really is target shooter shoot shitloads snipers dont --pretty simple although it lacked in the reality of the extremes in real pressure versus target and still versus moving

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Purely better academic accuracy isn't the only factor to shooting ability, this is retarded
    hehe your here posting Gimp

I'm here to call this retarded

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    hehe funny how this thread goes from an obvious observation to them and us . Kris Kyle rest his soul and well worthy of a movie. A large point about marksmanship in the article really is target shooter shoot shitloads snipers dont --pretty simple although it lacked in the reality of the extremes in real pressure versus target and still versus moving
    I'm closer to a target shooter than a sniper and I think this is retarded because you can't draw any conclusions from a shitty 2 paragraph article about a meaningless bit of faux-trivia with no real data provided that doesn't take into account a hilarious number of variables

the funny thing is the retards that tested this were --Project White Feather is a U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM)-sponsored effort to apply advanced sniper weapon fire control technology that will extend range and increase first round hit probability for special operations applications
    but GIMP this is retarded