Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Why do people frown at using military rifles for hunting?

Well the other point to note is, how piss cheap the mini series are getting, in good condition for 1100 ish? one must also consider that a target mini is like 200 diff to a AR..... I haven't had the chance to shoot a mini but they seem like great bush/pig guns and I can definetly see their place in the firearms heirachy.

You know somethings good if you walk into every shop and they say only good or great things about it -hint hint-

I did some sighting in with my ar at long last now its got a hardy on the end and managed a .4 group at 100m using american eagle 50gr ammo,at $1 a shot that makes for one effecient bunny blaster.... sorry I'm just so proud of it thats all

Slip 2000™ - Articles says it all really

R93
    Its advertisment in a way, for lube, heard of motor up?

Na, I have seen or heard of the same claims for heaps of other manufacturers. I know of a P226 still passing the accuracy tests at over 30,000 rds.
    Believe it or not, for years manufacturers of decent weapon systems have tried to steer militarys away from over/abrasive cleaning. Yet the military machine wants self cleaning weapon systems but still dicipline soldiers for a bit of dust in a mag well or carbon on a gas plug, go figure.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    What a bullshit article...
    Cleaned.. replaced.. cleaned.. cleaned.. patched... replaced
    The gun hasnt done 30k rounds without cleaning..

Nothing more than a toss fest by the writer for an advertiser/s

I got this slip 2000 and the wife couldnt be happier
    R93 likes this.

I think what Pat was trying to prove was you don't need to maintain the shit out of an AR for it to be reliable. I bought some slip 2000 to try and it works like pretty much everything else. These days when I feel a BCG needs lube I just chuck it in an almost empty container of Castrol 15W-40 diesel engine oil and shake it round. It comes out dripping and I chuck it straight back in the upper. The first shot produces a big puff of smoke and then it runs like a champ. I never clean it or wipe it down.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    What a bullshit article...
    Cleaned.. replaced.. cleaned.. cleaned.. patched... replaced
    The gun hasnt done 30k rounds without cleaning..

Nothing more than a toss fest by the writer for an advertiser/s
    Yep. Articles like that are a dime a dozen for just about any product imaginable.

You cynics! The articles are all legit. Now I must go out and get some carrots for the Easter Bunny and Santa's reindeer.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I think what Pat was trying to prove was you don't need to maintain the shit out of an AR for it to be reliable. I bought some slip 2000 to try and it works like pretty much everything else. These days when I feel a BCG needs lube I just chuck it in an almost empty container of Castrol 15W-40 diesel engine oil and shake it round. It comes out dripping and I chuck it straight back in the upper. The first shot produces a big puff of smoke and then it runs like a champ. I never clean it or wipe it down.
    Hes right, you dont. Most modern, reputable assault rifles are similar as far as maintenance goes.

Thumbhole stocked AR's...... arrgghhh the thought makes me sick to my stomach.......