Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Forming 221 Fireball / 20 Vartarg brass

Forgot to say that each mark has 5 shots. Got error when trying to edit post above. Cheers

Hope you like the PMA very happy with mine. I Like that tumbler, how well do you think it will hold up to extended use? where did you buy the stainless pins for tumbling? If you want to get a trigger job then ssrnz Scott Trail seems pretty good with triggers he may be able to improve the timney. Mitch Maxburry stocks jewel triggers but they are pretty expensive. I have two of the rifle basix ERV3's they seem fine but not probably not in the same class as Jewels

I bought this tumbler some 3 months back and its holding pretty well. You know, chinese stuff, not the best quality, but is doing its job. I use to use it 2-3 times each weekend tumbling 100 223 or 100 20VT. For 50 bucks plus shipping, I cant complain.
    The SS media was bought on Ebay for US 40 + shipping. 5 pounds. I may have lost some 10% of the media already...

Any issues with peening of the case mouths? I read that this can be an issue with the ss media? did you try a sonicating bath on the path that lead you to the ss tumbler?

Xring: I'd appreciate a heads up about where you got the Chinese tumbler? I've been looking for one for a while to try out the s/s media tumbling routine but have not seen anything available.

yerimaginary, no issues with cases mouth. The tumbler does a pretty good job. I use sometimes sonic baths. The problem is I have a small one and I realized that it cleans brass up if you put up to 25 pieces only in two baths of 8 min each, so 8 batches total for 100 pieces. That's why I went for the SS media tumbling (less work). If I had a 2 or 3 L sonic, I wouldn't change methods.
    rupert, I put a link of it in one of my previous post (first one in this page).
    Cheers

xring - I am also very keen on a cheap tumbler. Just to confirm, it is this one that you bought?
    Name:  2014-06-30-15-11-12.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  51.8 KB

zimmer, at first glance that's the one I bought. Don't know if its from the same seller, but looks pretty much the same I have at home, even the collour and price.

Great thread, very informative!

Who has a 20 VT reamer in NZ?
    Warm Barrels!