Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Darwin is getting slow in his old age.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    "Since the gun ban in 1996, there hasn't been a single massacre since"

• Childers Palace Fire - In June 2000, drifter and con-artist Robert Long started a fire at the Childers Palace backpackers hostel that killed 15 people.
    • Monash University shooting - In October 2002, Huan Yun Xiang, a student, shot his classmates and teacher, killing two and injuring five.
    • Churchill Fire - 10 confirmed deaths due to a deliberately lit fire. The fire was lit on 7 February 2009.
    • 2011 Hectorville siege - A mass shooting that took place on Friday, April 29, 2011, in Hectorville, South Australia. It began after a 39-year-old male,
    Donato Anthony Corbo, went on a shooting rampage, killing three people and wounding a child and two police officers, before being arrested by Special Operations police after an eight-hour siege.
    • Quakers Hill Nursing Home Fire - 10 confirmed and as many as 21 people may have died as a result of a deliberately lit fire in a Quakers Hill nursing home. The fire was lit early on 18 November 2011.
    • Cairns stabbings - A woman stabbed 8 children to death on Friday, 2014, December 19, 2014, 7 of them were her own
    Is a comedy routine not a university lecture

Sent from my workbench
    veitnamcam and BRADS like this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Agree with him, I simply like guns, no bullsh*t on home defence or other crap, I just like shooting guns.

ebf and hamsav like this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    Is a comedy routine not a university lecture

Sent from my workbench
    And that's all it is. Just about everything he said was based on lies, misinformation, twisted reasoning and a general lack of knowledge on the subject. I mean his very first point, which his whole gun control argument/routine is based on, was a blatant lie. He had a good point on the 2nd Amendment being exactly that, an amendment.

Castle Doctrine Law or Stand your ground Law is what this country needs.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

And that's all it is. Just about everything he said was based on lies, misinformation, twisted reasoning and a general lack of knowledge on the subject. I mean his very first point, which his whole gun control argument/routine is based on, was a blatant lie.
    and your point is?? i'll say it again....... it's a comedy show which means it isn't serious.

now i understand that laughter is not for you but there are many of us that enjoy it. chill out and watch his act on foreplay, you might learn something.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5YCtTjalg4

and your point is?? i'll say it again....... it's a comedy show which means it isn't serious.
    ...and what he had to say about it is what I'd like to say
    Um, that. You seem to have back tracked on your initial post.

Yea, it's a comedy show. I found it fucking hilarious and laughed nearly the whole way through, but he's clearly trying to make a serious point with his routine and sway the audience to some degree. From the sound of the audience in the clip, they were buying the bullshit he was dishing out.
    Koshogi likes this.

haha so i refer to a comedy skit that makes it a serious statement? forget that, don't answer. i give up.

No, you mention his gun control routine and imply you agree with it, then later say it's just comedy and isn't serious. What point are you trying to make? You don't seem to be able to decide.
    Koshogi likes this.

it's a joke, tough concept for you clearly but that's what happens on forums sometimes.

I'm not going to post any further about this with you.

Yes it's comedy, it's a joke, everyone realizes that and I'm not disputing that, please don't repeat it again. I found it hilarious, so you can stop trying to make out I'm some caveman that doesn't understand humor.

You mention Jim's routine and say "what he had to say about it is what I'd like to say" (i.e. you agree with his viewpoint on the subject), when it's pointed out that Jim's viewpoint is based purely on bullshit and ignorance, you back track and try to save face by repeatedly saying 'it's just a joke, it's not serious', like that somehow defends you from agreeing with him.

Now if I was an arsehole, I could write something like 'Rational thought, a tough concept for you clearly', but I'm not, so I won't.

ebf
    Banana, so I take it you're one of the 10% he mentions

I actually though a lot of what he said made sense, comedy or not.

And can you please explain to me how firearms started those fires ? I'm very confused on that point...
    gadgetman likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Yes it's comedy, it's a joke, everyone realizes that and I'm not disputing that, please don't repeat it again. I found it hilarious, so you can stop trying to make out I'm some caveman that doesn't understand humor.

You mention Jim's routine and say "what he had to say about it is what I'd like to say" (i.e. you agree with his viewpoint on the subject), when it's pointed out that Jim's viewpoint is based purely on bullshit and ignorance, you back track and try to save face by repeatedly saying 'it's just a joke, it's not serious', like that somehow defends you from agreeing with him.

Now if I was an arsehole, I could write something like 'Rational thought, a tough concept for you clearly', but I'm not, so I won't.
    But you did write it, quite clearly.

This thread was good until your little spat.
    gadgetman and Dougie like this.

No, like I said, I found it very funny. The stuff about the constitution and and the 2nd amendment made sense, but a lot of the firearms stuff didn't (to me anyway), and that's to be expected, it's coming from a guy who admittedly hates guns and probably has no experience with them.

Where in the definition of massacre does it include that it had to be caused by a firearm?
    Last edited by Banana; 05-01-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    steven likes this.

Fires and stabbings just aren't as sexy in the news as shootings. Guns strike a political cord in people.
    Dougie likes this.

haha so i refer to a comedy skit that makes it a serious statement? forget that, don't answer. i give up.
    Problem is musicians and actors etc often try to make political statements through their art, which makes them "serious" as they carry more weight than just an ordinary Joe Blogs. What is also a worry is that they can say any un-substantiated bull** they want and the other side has no right to reply on an equal footing.

I think there is a lot of peoples fear of the unknown being utilised by some to get what they want no matter the logic or fairness of the issue.
    Banana likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"